Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

IS THIS A ROOM
pixeltracker

Is This A Room and Dana H. Extend Broadway Runs

jacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend | Joined: 6/12/04
Due to renewed support following an early closing announcement, the plays will now run an additional two weeks.

https://www.playbill.com/article/is-this-a-room-and-dana-h-extend-broadway-runs?fbclid=IwAR2rDXArGJaPPcx7fYUdT1QQ9XgdF9V9R0BAvC9NlWVPx1GF1cOz6WEp5GY
David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel
EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend | Joined: 10/28/19

Very happy to hear this... and the announcement was made in front of a sold-out house.

"It's an idiom, you idiot!"
Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend | Joined: 3/31/06
God, I wish they could keep the numbers up and complete the original run. I had a ticket for early Jan. It’s great that people are packing in to see these shows. I hope Deirdre gets a Tony nomination.
"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello
ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend | Joined: 9/20/18

Good for them! Hopefully there's demand for the additional two weeks.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend | Joined: 4/4/08
I was in the audience tonight when they announced. It was really lovely, and they brought out Tina Satter, Lucas Hnath, and Deirdre O’Connell during the announcement. Very enthusiastic response from the audience.

I’m excited to be able to catch Dana H. again now!
Falsettolands
Stand-by
Stand-by | Joined: 11/18/13

totally going to book tickets for that closing week now. This is so lovely!

gibsons2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star | Joined: 8/26/19

I finally went to see the Dana H. matinee and was pleasantly surprised to find myself in a nearly fully packed orchestra. Can't speak for mezzanine. Although I most likely won't see the play again, but I'm thrilled that it's getting the attention and audience it deserves.

Updated On: 11/4/21 at 12:09 AM
HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend | Joined: 2/26/12

color me surprised and pleased. It would be instructive to learn how this came about.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend | Joined: 1/9/15
^ right, I wish we had the weekly grosses to look at…
ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend | Joined: 9/20/18

HogansHero said: "color me surprised and pleased. It would be instructive to learn how this came about."

Anecdotally, I know a lot of tickets are being sold at a discounted price. But the balcony is open...so if they're selling 950 seats a week at an average of $50 (or fewer seats at a higher average), that's $475K per week which probably clears the breakeven.

Pure speculation, but perhaps one of the deeper-pocketed co-producers said "I'll cover any losses if necessary" so it could run another 2 weeks.

itsjustmejonhotmailcom Profile Photo
itsjustmejonhotmailcom
Broadway Star
Broadway Star | Joined: 5/29/13

HogansHero said: "color me surprised and pleased. It would be instructive to learn how this came about."

There are several producers with a net worth in the nine and ten figure range. My guess is that a priority loan helped make this happen.