Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Page: 1

Broadway in Chicago- Six and Moulin Rouge updates?

Call_me_jorge Profile PhotoCall_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

After hearing that Six will continue to go ahead starting in November across the pond, I wonder if Equity and the city of Chicago will let the Chicago production to begin performances beginning November. I just think its kind of unusual there have been no updates regarding Six and for that matter, Moulin Rouge which is supposed to begin performances in December over here. Any word on if they are actually still planning on going ahead with these two shows or if they are still in the process of canceling them?

Updated On: 9/14/20 at 05:12 PM
DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Call_me_jorge said: "After hearing that Six will continue to go ahead starting in November across the pond, I wonder if Equity and the city of Chicago will let the Chicago production to begin performances beginning November. I just think its kind of unusual there have been no updates regarding Six and for that matter, Moulin Rouge which is supposed to begin performances in December over here. Any word on if they are actually still planning on going ahead with these two show or if they are still in the process of canceling them?"

At this point.. wouldn't you be seeing some advertisement if it was happening?  I can see how Six can start coming back in some way.  My guess is you will have to wait a while for Moulin Rouge.  

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
Call_me_jorge Profile PhotoCall_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You’re exactly right, but I’m mostly wondering why there hasn’t been any official cancellation announcements yet.
DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Call_me_jorge said: "You’re exactly right, but I’m mostly wondering why there hasn’t been any official cancellation announcements yet."

Did they already have advances and tickets sold?  Maybe their trying to hold on to the money a little longer?

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
FosseTharp Profile PhotoFosseTharp Profile Photo
FosseTharp
Stand-by
Stand-by
Even if Equity approved something like Six (definitely not Moulin Rouge), the Chicago theatre community would never allow it to happen. They’ve been standing strong about not resuming any theatre until there is a vaccine and it is safe. Just look at the fiasco with The Green House Theatre and their planned reopening. That (rightfully) didn’t go well for them.