Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Page: 1

YOUNGER to conclude with Season 7

Jordan Levinson
Stand-by
Stand-by
YOUNGER to conclude with Season 7#1
Posted: 9/14/20 at 4:58pm

What could this mean for Sutton Foster's involvement in the forthcoming Music Man revival, whenever that may be? 

Sutton Ross Profile PhotoSutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
YOUNGER to conclude with Season 7#2
Posted: 9/14/20 at 5:04pm

Is this news? That was the plan all along, they signed the standard 7 season contract. I think they start filming this Fall and by April, they should be wrapped. Glad it's ending, they have nothing more to tell. 

She/Her
Updated On: 9/14/20 at 05:04 PM
jacobsnchz14 Profile Photojacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
YOUNGER to conclude with Season 7#3
Posted: 9/14/20 at 5:19pm

Jordan Levinson said: "What could this mean for Sutton Foster's involvement in the forthcomingMusic Manrevival, whenever that may be?"

One of the articles says that they are in the process of filming/completing the sixth season and this seventh season (probably mid-to-late 2021 or early 2022) will be the last season...

"We are unofficially planning [Season 7] as a final season," creator Star said.

Production on season six, which was scheduled to commence pre-COVID, will re-start production "in a few weeks," according to Star.

"A lot of episodes were written" before the pandemic, Star said. Plus, "the action of Younger sort of picks up where the last season left off, which was before the pandemic. But I do think we're looking forward to incorporating it into the action as the season progresses."

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/YOUNGER-Starring-Sutton-Foster-Will-End-With-Season-Seven-20200914?fbclid=IwAR3wb2jp86aI1byXAHaxhF-aWAZTIZEkNaCR_qTSRQ-cVKQGrTkmYi1iMMc

Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
YOUNGER to conclude with Season 7#4
Posted: 9/14/20 at 5:29pm

The sixth season was filmed a year and a half ago, and concluded broadcasting a year ago. They will be filming the 7th and final season in a few weeks. BroadwayWorld coped it wrong, apparently. Yikes.

From the actual article on TV Line:

The TV Land series, which has been off the air since concluding its sixth season in Sept. 2019, was about to begin shooting its upcoming seventh season in New York City when COVID-19 hit. With production on the show now set to begin “in a few weeks,” Star is contemplating how to integrate the coronavirus crisis into the story — just don’t expect it to affect the characters at the onset of Season 7.

She/Her
Updated On: 9/14/20 at 05:29 PM
SouthernCakes
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
YOUNGER to conclude with Season 7#5
Posted: 9/14/20 at 5:47pm
Does seem like they waited a long time between seasons though.

I love the show but glad it’s ending when they want to so the story can be told. They stretched a gimmick of a concept into a great 7 seasons!
SomeOtherMe Profile PhotoSomeOtherMe Profile Photo
SomeOtherMe
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
YOUNGER to conclude with Season 7#6
Posted: 9/14/20 at 5:49pm

This makes sense. I love the show, but there's definitely not much more to do with the story or characters without jumping the shark. Interested to see how it will end.

Kimbo
Stand-by
Stand-by
YOUNGER to conclude with Season 7#7
Posted: 9/14/20 at 7:21pm

SouthernCakes said: "Does seem like they waited a long time between seasons though. "

Everybody get used to seeing this phrase a lot on your favorite entertainment chat boards and blogs for the next two to three years as people underestimate or just plain forget how thoroughly CO-VID disrupted everything in the world. Succession, likely to win the Emmy award for Best Drama next week, hasn’t had a new episode in a year and currently doesn’t even -hope- to begin shooting their next season early 2021.

There are a few niche cable or streaming series that had been off the air for more than a year and were just about to start shooting again when the pandemic broke out, and have no immediate plans to resume filming yet, that in some cases there’ll wind up having been a full two and a half years between seasons.  (One can only hope it won’t have been a delay of two and a half years before, say, The Lehman Trilogy or the Company revival finally happen.)

Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
YOUNGER to conclude with Season 7#8
Posted: 9/14/20 at 7:26pm

Younger has been on every year, it would have aired this past Summer if not for Covid, so I wouldn't say they waited too long for anything. It will probably air next Spring or Summer.

They were never going to air the third season of Succession this summer, it had nothing to do with Covid. 

She/Her
Updated On: 9/14/20 at 07:26 PM
sparksatmidnight
Stand-by
Stand-by
YOUNGER to conclude with Season 7#9
Posted: 9/14/20 at 8:18pm

Aw, that's bittersweet. A bit sad that it's ending but it's not like there's a lot they can do. Hope they manage to deliver a great finale.

BrodyFosse123 Profile PhotoBrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
YOUNGER to conclude with Season 7#10
Posted: 9/14/20 at 9:24pm

Having been fully aware of the series since it made its debut, I just never cared to take a look... until 2 weeks ago. I binged all 6 seasons and caught up on Sunday and earlier today I got an offer to join the production staff for Season 7 so anyone who doubts karma or the Universe, is a moron. Have no idea what prompted me to just watch the pilot which led me to get sucked into it instantly. Had I not binged the series last week, I highly doubt I’d be considering this offer today.  2 weeks ago it was a series I had zero interest in.  Now I know the journey of Liza, Josh, Kelsey, Diana, Charles, Maggie and even Lauren.  Heck, I even know the buildings they use as exteriors in Williamsburg.  We will see.  

VintageSnarker
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
YOUNGER to conclude with Season 7#11
Posted: 9/14/20 at 10:07pm
Sutton Ross said: "Glad it's ending, they have nothing more to tell."

I still adore the cast but the writers have only gotten worse over time. Does anyone care about Charles' book? The completely illogical power structure at this publishing company? Kelsey is not a #girlboss. She consistently makes terrible, unprofessional choices. Why is Josh still on the show? Why do they give Diana so little to do?

But yeah, I'll suffer through the last season whenever I can binge the whole thing.

Owen22
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
YOUNGER to conclude with Season 7#12
Posted: 9/15/20 at 8:26am

VintageSnarker said: "Sutton Ross said: "Glad it's ending, they have nothing more to tell."

I still adore the cast but the writers have only gotten worse over time. Does anyone care about Charles' book? The completely illogical power structure at this publishing company? Kelsey is not a #girlboss. She consistently makes terrible, unprofessional choices. Why is Josh still on the show? Why do they give Diana so little to do?

But yeah, I'll suffer through the last season whenever I can binge the whole thing.
"

Don't diss my Josh!!!!!!

VintageSnarker
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
YOUNGER to conclude with Season 7#13
Posted: 9/15/20 at 5:45pm
Nothing against Josh or Nico but they've been doing a terrible job keeping him involved. Why are Liza's friends seemingly his only friends? Especially with Clare and Gemma they had ways to write him off. He could have returned for the final season for the love triangle instead of hanging around doing very little for 2 seasons.
Bettyboy72 Profile PhotoBettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
YOUNGER to conclude with Season 7#14
Posted: 9/15/20 at 7:28pm
Diana has emerged as one of the most compelling characters with a lovely evolution. She’s marvelous. Debi Mazar is currently living in Italy so who knows if/when she will come back. She had a tough time with COVID and seemed elated to leave NYC
"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello
BroadwayNYC2 Profile PhotoBroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
YOUNGER to conclude with Season 7#15
Posted: 9/15/20 at 11:11pm
^According to an Instagram post, she’s coming back to film Younger and Vote!
SmoothLover Profile PhotoSmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
YOUNGER to conclude with Season 7#16
Posted: 9/16/20 at 12:20am

I never cared for the Charles and Liza relationship. I would have been happy if she would have stayed with Josh because the chemistry was so much better.

MadonnaMusical Profile PhotoMadonnaMusical Profile Photo
MadonnaMusical
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
YOUNGER to conclude with Season 7#17
Posted: 9/17/20 at 1:08am
They actually announced that 2 years ago... which is why the article is weird... season 6 already aired. I think for a while it seemed like they might want more than seven seasons due to it being a hit on streaming... but with the pandemic it looks like they are sticking to the original plan.

Spoiler alert::::::::

Now that everyone knows her secret... the only possible story option left is to wrap up.
BrodyFosse123 Profile PhotoBrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
YOUNGER to conclude with Season 7#18
Posted: 9/17/20 at 5:50am

Also, Debi Mazar has stated countless times, this move to Italy was in its planning stages for years and they were already set to move to Italy months ago. COVID postponed it. They didn’t leave Brooklyn due to COVID. And yes, she will be back in NYC to film the final season of YOUNGER.