Page: 1

Secret Garden Revival Still Happening?

macbeth Profile Photomacbeth Profile Photo
macbeth
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Secret Garden Revival Still Happening?#1
Posted: 9/9/20 at 9:00am

I sent this BWW link to a friend of mine who was working on the Broadway-bound revival, and they said it's still coming in with Sierra Boggess and others...  Do we know who else is in it?

itsjustmejonhotmailcom Profile Photoitsjustmejonhotmailcom Profile Photo
itsjustmejonhotmailcom
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Secret Garden Revival Still Happening?#2
Posted: 9/9/20 at 9:24am

I highly doubt that it is coming in. There will be a backlog of shows fighting for theaters when Broadway reopens and I don't think Secret Garden will be at the top of the list. Plus, the producer just had investors lose their money in not one but three different productions of Bill More Chill. I can't imagine it's easy to raise money after that.

Jordan Catalano Profile PhotoJordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Secret Garden Revival Still Happening?#3
Posted: 9/9/20 at 9:25am
Wouldn’t your friend who was involved in the project know?
LizzieCurry Profile PhotoLizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Secret Garden Revival Still Happening?#4
Posted: 9/9/20 at 10:02am
I was hoping the Sydney/Melbourne TSG might propel some buzz (I was supposed to be seeing that!), but since that got sidelined, maybe next year? Though I feel like TSG fans have been saying "maybe next year" for about 10 years.
"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
Broadway61004
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Secret Garden Revival Still Happening?#5
Posted: 9/9/20 at 10:48am

itsjustmejonhotmailcom said: "I highly doubt that it is coming in. There will be a backlog of shows fighting for theaters when Broadway reopens and I don't think Secret Garden will be at the top of the list. Plus, the producer just had investors lose their money in not one but three different productions of Bill More Chill. I can't imagine it's easy to raise money after that."

Given the amount of shows that have either closed or seem likely to before Broadway reopens, I'm not sure where there's going to be a backlog of shows fighting for theatres.  If anything, we're going to see a lot of theatres dark for a while.  So while this probably won't happen the day Broadway reopens, it's certainly still very plausible that this revival comes in a year or two.