Page: 1

The Debates

Highland Guy Profile PhotoHighland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
The Debates#1
Posted: 8/30/20 at 2:38pm

September 29th (1st Presidential Debate, Cleveland, OH)

October 7th (Vice Presidential Debate, Salt Lake City, UT)

October 15th (2nd Presidential Debate, Miami, FL)

October 22nd (3rd Presidential Debate, Nashville, TN)

POSSIBILITIES
Jordan Catalano Profile PhotoJordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Debates#2
Posted: 8/30/20 at 3:41pm
I do hope they’re able to have fact checkers on hand for them.
darquegk Profile Photodarquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Debates#3
Posted: 8/30/20 at 4:32pm
“Remember, gentlemen, these are the rules you agreed to. If either of you lies, omits information or exaggerates, you forfeit the election and your opponent wins. Can you do that, Mr. President?”

“Yes I can.”

“And there you have it, folks. Over already.”
javero Profile Photojavero Profile Photo
javero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Debates#4
Posted: 8/30/20 at 7:10pm
IMHO the latter three fora skew in favor of Trump-Pence. Biden needs a really good showing in Cleveland and to hold his own in Miami. Harris could have a tough row to hoe in the Veep debate depending on the format, moderator, and questions.
#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.
Updated On: 8/30/20 at 07:10 PM
carnzee
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
The Debates#5
Posted: 8/30/20 at 8:55pm
Sadly I've become cynical about debates. Instead of a functional democracy we get democracy theater. I doubt I'll watch them. Hillary was excellent in the debates four years ago and look what good that did her.
Alex Kulak2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Debates#6
Posted: 8/30/20 at 9:50pm
Two senile septuagenarians trying to form coherent sentences will never be more entertaining.
Gorlois Profile PhotoGorlois Profile Photo
Gorlois
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
The Debates#7
Posted: 8/30/20 at 10:04pm
Although the claim annoys me to no end, I’m kinda glad that the Trump team has been insinuating Biden has dementia or is incapable of speaking coherent sentences sans a teleprompter. It will probably work as well for them as it did for *some* of Bernie’s supporters during the primary. It’s just so colossally stupid to lower the bar for your opponent that way. Anybody who’s been paying attention, or who is intellectually honest, already knows Biden isn’t senile and, even with a long documented stutter, speaks far more eloquently and coherently than Donald John Trump. Biden got a bit washed out in most of the Dem debates when it was a crowded field— but he more than held his own one-on-one with Bernie, and I remembered he absolutely walloped Paul Ryan in 2012. I was too young to care to watch the 2008 debate against Sarah Palin, but apparently he deftly handled that match up by outshining but never bullying the Alaska Governor. Biden will be great.
Highland Guy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
The Debates#8
Posted: 9/2/20 at 4:18pm

Here are the Moderators for the three Presidential Debates and one Vice Presidential Debate, along with info about debate format.

https://www.debates.org/2020/09/02/cpd-announces-2020-debate-moderators/

POSSIBILITIES
Jordan Catalano Profile PhotoJordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Debates#9
Posted: 9/2/20 at 7:37pm
All good choices. Wallace won’t take any crap from trump so I’m pleased with him doing the first one.
yankeefan7
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Debates#10
Posted: 9/15/20 at 12:02pm

"All good choices. Wallace won’t take any crap from trump so I’m pleased with him doing the first one."

Wallace is a registered Democrat.

Highland Guy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
The Debates#11
Posted: 9/16/20 at 2:11pm

yankeefan7 said: ""All good choices. Wallace won’t take any crap from trump so I’m pleased with him doing the first one."

Wallace is a registered Democrat.
"

Whether the Moderators are Democrat or Republican is kinda "meh" for me.  I think (hope) they will perform their duties fairly and professionally.  I'm waiting to see how the Moderators handle the evening if Trump tries to shadow Biden around the stage.

POSSIBILITIES
BroadwayNYC2 Profile PhotoBroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Debates#12
Posted: 9/16/20 at 5:22pm
Reporters are allowed to vote and still do their jobs effectively, don’t be ignorant for the love of god. Zero patience for this nonsense
A Director
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Debates#13
Posted: 9/17/20 at 4:09am

javero said: "IMHO the latter three fora skew in favor of Trump-Pence. Biden needs a really good showing in Cleveland and to hold his own in Miami. Harris could have a tough row to hoe in the Veep debate depending on the format, moderator, and questions."

Oh, please! I know you are a secret Trump supporter.  Harris is going to clean Pence's clock. javero, it  is way too early to worry what the Third Mrs. Trump is going to wear on Jan. 20. 2021.

kdogg36 Profile Photokdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Debates#14
Posted: 9/17/20 at 9:31am

I’m certain javero isn’t a Trump supporter. He has been vocal in his enthusiasm about Hilary Clinton, Terry McAuliffe, Amy Klobuchar, and others. 

javero Profile Photojavero Profile Photo
javero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Debates#15
Posted: 9/18/20 at 9:36pm

"Oh, please! I know you are a secret Trump supporter. Harris is going to clean Pence's clock. javero, it is way too early to worry what the Third Mrs. Trump is going to wear on Jan. 20. 2021."

Let's hope you're right about at least one of your claims. The other one is so far-fetched that I have nothing to add to kdogg's response. Right now, I'm slightly down due to the news of RBG's passing. It sets the stage for the unthinkable, the prospect of Ted Cruz on the SCOTUS. Moscow Mitch has already vowed that Trump's nominee will get a Senate vote.
#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.
Updated On: 9/18/20 at 09:36 PM
Gorlois Profile PhotoGorlois Profile Photo
Gorlois
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
The Debates#16
Posted: 9/22/20 at 7:51pm
Apparently, Pete Buttigieg is playing Mike Pence for Kamala Harris’ debate prep. I would love to be a fly on that wall...