Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Audition Song for Fiona in Shrek

carleylynn
Swing
Swing
Audition Song for Fiona in Shrek#1
Posted: 8/29/20 at 4:53am

Hi! I plan on auditioning for the part of adult Fiona in Shrek the Musical sometime in spring of 2021 probably. I have not performed or auditioned in years! Not even super concerned about getting the part but just getting back into the theatre world. Although of course, I'd love to get it!

I am trying to think of good songs I could sing for my audition. So far I have: "My Strongest Suit"- Aida, "Maybe This Time"- Cabaret, "Take Me or Leave Me"- Rent, "Popular"- Wicked

The call says it needs a Soprano with belt and excellent comedic timing. 16-32 bars, upbeat song.

I am technically a mezzo, but there isn't a not too high for the part of Fiona for me. (I'm not really sure why they say only Soprano for this part) My prima voce is a3-a5.

My first choice as of now is "My Strongest Suit". I feel like it has some good comedic parts and can showcase my range. "Popular", I am expecting that to be overdone although I think it would be a great song but I've not auditioned for something in so long so maybe it isn't a good choice. "Maybe This Time" may be too low and won't showcase my range especially for the higher notes. I don't really know what to think about "Take Me or Leave Me".. I think it could be a good choice too.

Any song ideas or tips are greatly appreciated! Also if you do have a song choice and can tell me what 32 bars you think would be best to sing for the audition would be AMAZING!!! I really need help with that. Thank you!