Page: 1

Seth Paid Streams - Worth it?

macbeth Profile Photomacbeth Profile Photo
macbeth
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Seth Paid Streams - Worth it? #1
Posted: 7/26/20 at 8:49am

I'm thinking about Megan Hilty tonight - did anyone watch the  last few of them? I did Audra which was great (on-demand). Has the quality been on average better or worse? 

BCfitasafiddle
Stand-by
Stand-by
Seth Paid Streams - Worth it? #2
Posted: 7/26/20 at 10:24am

I went to Jessie Mueller's. Loved it! It's cool watching it live in the moment because of how they figured out the technology to be playing and singing simultaneously. Especially since everyones been doing tracks, accapella, or playing for themselves on various instruments. That alone was worth it enough for the price. It really did feel like a live concert. I didn't notice anything off with the quality, but I also didn't watch the re-airings or on demand. So I don't know if they got polished or anything like that. But if you can, I hope you do! It felt like something for once that was more than just a song or two. Plus, we all know Seth gets the great stories out of people!

Bette's Turban Profile PhotoBette's Turban Profile Photo
Bette's Turban
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Seth Paid Streams - Worth it? #3
Posted: 7/26/20 at 12:41pm
It gets old very quickly . And a little Seth hoes a very long way .
LightsOut90
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Seth Paid Streams - Worth it? #4
Posted: 7/26/20 at 10:47pm

just go find people singing on youtube its cheaper...

starcatchers Profile Photostarcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Seth Paid Streams - Worth it? #5
Posted: 7/26/20 at 10:58pm
I watched the Jessie Mueller and Norm Lewis ones. I had reservations about paying that much for a stream, but I really enjoyed them both.
the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234
BenjaminNicholas2 Profile PhotoBenjaminNicholas2 Profile Photo
BenjaminNicholas2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Seth Paid Streams - Worth it? #6
Posted: 7/27/20 at 12:52am

The talent is good, but dealing with Seth's long-tired shtick makes it not worth it.

Plus, I feel like I rarely hear him play the score as written.

It almost sounds like he's using a fake book or leaving out a lot of what's actually written in the music.  I realized this once when I once heard him play live from Ragtime... And it sounded a bit butchered.

Updated On: 7/27/20 at 12:52 AM
Bettyboy72 Profile PhotoBettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Seth Paid Streams - Worth it? #7
Posted: 7/27/20 at 9:44am

Not for me. I will go see him live with a performer in Ptown because I want to see the performer. He tires me out and typically he often seems to try to make their show about him. He's fun and performers seem to like him, so he can't be that bad. I just can only take him in small doses. I'm not one to sit and watched filmed concerts. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello
George in DC Profile PhotoGeorge in DC Profile Photo
George in DC
Understudy
Understudy
Seth Paid Streams - Worth it? #8
Posted: 7/27/20 at 1:02pm

Bettyboy72 said: "Not for me. I will go see him live with a performer in Ptown because I want to see the performer. He tires me out and typically he often seems to try to make their showabout him. He's fun and performers seem to like him, so he can't be that bad. I just can only take him in small doses. I'm not one to sit and watched filmed concerts."

While I don't agree with you about Mr. Rudetsky (I think he's great and I love his interviews) I can understand the feeling. I can't stand Richard Ridge and won't watch anything that he does.

alovingfan Profile Photoalovingfan Profile Photo
alovingfan
Understudy
Understudy
Seth Paid Streams - Worth it? #9
Posted: 7/27/20 at 3:25pm

While Seth and his husband James have done a lot of good for people especially during this pandemic;  I am really sick of them both.  When they had their musical "Disaster",  the endless self promotion on his radio show was on the verge of disgust.    That feeling has stayed with me since.  I hope when Broadway comes back we have fresh voices and representatives.  I think we will need something new.

Sutton Ross Profile PhotoSutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Seth Paid Streams - Worth it? #10
Posted: 7/27/20 at 3:28pm

The talent is good, but dealing with Seth's long-tired shtick makes it not worth it.

100% agree. He is so annoying. 

She/Her
fashionguru_23 Profile Photofashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Seth Paid Streams - Worth it? #11
Posted: 7/27/20 at 4:29pm

I'll be honest...I miss his paid video service "Seth TV". The archive of interviews, concerts, etc. were worth it to me, and I was paying with an exchange into US funds. I have stopped watching some of these Stars in the House because I simply don't care about the topics, or how many times can I hear the cast of "A Chorus Line" tell me how they had no idea the show would become what it would become.

The paid concerts for Megan Hilty, Kelli O'Hara, etc. would be worth watching if I didn't have to watch at a certain time. Like the Chita Rivera concert from a month or two ago, I love that I had a week or two to catch it when I wanted to watch it. That timing makes all the difference to me.

"The 54th Street[theatre] had a rep as. . .where old musicals went to die." -Smaxie
mj21723 Profile Photomj21723 Profile Photo
mj21723
Swing
Swing
Seth Paid Streams - Worth it? #12
Posted: 7/28/20 at 11:46pm

I haven't watched much of Stars in the House of late, but I have seen the last few.  The Chorus Line Original Cast was great.  It was not about that they didn't know how successful the show would be.  Great backstories.  I loved it!

KJ4 Profile PhotoKJ4 Profile Photo
KJ4
Understudy
Understudy
Seth Paid Streams - Worth it? #13
Posted: 7/29/20 at 12:55am
I watched Jeremy Jordan and Lea Salonga one.

While Jeremy's steam is perfect (might have smthing to do wz the fact that Jeremy know quite a bit about IT set up on his side) the Lea one is not in sync at all.

And Seth tend to ask some awkward questions in which I applaud both Jeremy and Lea that have their art to make it pass.

I wd say it worth money. I get to hear lot of song that I have never heard it sang live.