Page: 1

Phase 4. Thanks For Nothing

Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Phase 4. Thanks For Nothing #1
Posted: 7/16/20 at 6:21pm
Gov Cuomo said that tomorrow we should go into phase 4. He also said no change will be made regarding indoor activity. What a,sport he is.De Blassio said changes indoors had him worried.

By the time they get around to live theater it may be irrevocably damaged.Day by day people are getting used to no theater and are finding out they are surviving without it. NYC needs,Broadway to draw theater tourists . Without Broadway tourism is dead and with it the city is dead,.Restaurants in the area may never come back.This should have been in Stage 1 but the mental midgets dealing with this apparently did not think so. Another issue is the escalating violence in the city..Tourists would be out of their mind to come here now

Whenever this is over Times Square will look quite different than it does today..Thoughts please
Poster Emeritus
Sutton Ross Profile PhotoSutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Phase 4. Thanks For Nothing #2
Posted: 7/16/20 at 7:34pm

Theater was never actually going to be part of Phase 4, everyone knew that after the Broadway League kept announcing postponement dates. Times Square will go back to being awful, sanitized, and very Disney soon enough. And for someone who is "done with Broadway", why do you care?'

Oh, and please wear a mask. It's not political. 

She/Her
Stage Door Sally Profile PhotoStage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Phase 4. Thanks For Nothing #3
Posted: 7/16/20 at 7:45pm

Life as we know it is never going to be the same. Everything is going to be different. Although this is our present, it is actually the past. 

Expect major changes ahead for our society, office buildings, theaters, restaurants, transportation systems, our homes all will be constructed differently in the future to prevent the spread of diseases like Covid-19. 

To get theaters operational again, owners will need to do some major health and safety renovations. 

We are all learning from this horrific experience and us elders will not see the full evolution of things to come.

Can Broadway, restaurants and tourism come back? Yes, but it will take time. A vaccine to prevent this virus is just one component in a very long list of things that need to be done.

And a shout out to my 10,000 new neighbors from New York, who used to deride us "Bridge-and-Tunnelers" from Connecticut. Quite the change here too.

FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Phase 4. Thanks For Nothing #4
Posted: 7/17/20 at 1:49am

"Whenever this is over Times Square will look quite different than it does today..Thoughts please"

It's true. Whenever this is over is a long way away. And things will never be the way the were before. Never again.

The questions are, can we continue to modify plans and transmission prevention techniques nimbly? Can we fix things enough so that when one industry collapses, will it bring down everything, or can we evolve to all new things?

I hope so on the one hand, yet I don't have much hope given recent events. If literally EVERYBODY wore a mask over their noses and mouths for four weeks and limited exposure to others, we could tamp this down.  But since there has been so much pushback from US citizens, we have wasted so much time already.

Good luck everybody. Create something new!

Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
Updated On: 7/17/20 at 01:49 AM
yankeefan7
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Phase 4. Thanks For Nothing #5
Posted: 7/17/20 at 9:14am

" Times Square will go back to being awful, sanitized, and very Disney soon enough. "

While many people may agree with you that Times Square has lost it's "edge", I will take the sanitized version over the 1970's version when it was littered with pimps, prostitutes and peep shows. I guess there is a happy medium somewhere between the two -lol.

Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Phase 4. Thanks For Nothing #6
Posted: 7/17/20 at 10:17am

To Sutton

To busy preparing for hip replacement surgery to worry about trivial ****. I was just celebrating over how we are being told what we can and cannot do.Yes I am done with Broadway. After the dust settles and things are back to normal my wife and I will go to Times Square to see what it looks like..After that we will never see it again. Hard to accept but I now face reality

I just received 2 boots I ordered. They are Encores Mack and Mabel and King Kong. Saw the original Mack and was curious what King looked like. My life will than be my area in Queens and viewing my huge dvd collection of all theater with my wife. Thank God for her . Doubt after 11/4 things will ever be the same again. Wanted to travel but doubt that will happen anymore.

Will visit the board from time to time as friends with a few on the board. By the way Sutton we do wear masks. Watch how much things will change after election day .As the saying goes "Be careful what you wish for as you may get it" 

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 7/17/20 at 10:17 AM
Broadway Joe Profile PhotoBroadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Phase 4. Thanks For Nothing #7
Posted: 7/17/20 at 11:05am

Mr Roxy said: "By the way Sutton we do wear masks. Watch how much things will change after election day .As the saying goes "Be careful what you wish for as you may get it""

The rest of the world has been battling covid and they really don't give a **** about our election. Stop with the stupidity.

Updated On: 7/17/20 at 11:05 AM
ColorTheHours048 Profile PhotoColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Phase 4. Thanks For Nothing #8
Posted: 7/17/20 at 11:19am
“Tourism is dead and with it the city is dead.”

God, what an incredibly dumb, shortsighted statement. Enjoy your bootlegs, gramps. Stay home.
Highland Guy Profile PhotoHighland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Phase 4. Thanks For Nothing #9
Posted: 7/17/20 at 11:50am

NYC  STRONG

USA  STRONG

PRESIDENT JOSEPH ROBINETTE BIDEN JR
Updated On: 7/17/20 at 11:50 AM
yankeefan7
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Phase 4. Thanks For Nothing #10
Posted: 7/17/20 at 12:25pm

" To busy preparing for hip replacement surgery "

Good luck with your surgery, hope it goes well !!

Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Phase 4. Thanks For Nothing #11
Posted: 7/17/20 at 2:46pm

"While many people may agree with you that Times Square has lost it's "edge", I will take the sanitized version over the 1970's version when it was littered with pimps, prostitutes and peep shows. I guess there is a happy medium somewhere between the two -lol."

I was not alive in the 70s but I understand why Disney is better than sex workers, but I always wish as I am walking through the horror that is Times Square that they could just remove the theaters and put them somewhere much better. Haha.  I live on the UWS and my work is on the LWS. So, I can easily avoid it most of the time. 

By the way Sutton we do wear masks. Watch how much things will change after election day .As the saying goes "Be careful what you wish for as you may get it" 

I am glad to know you are wearing masks. People that are Anti-Cuomo (like you) that I have seen and talked to refuse to wear masks or if they are forced to wear one bitch and scream about it. Things will change after election day, 2020 has been quite the transformative year. The GOP has failed in every sense, Orange Santorum has given up completely, people are finally fed up and standing up for their rights, and this pandemic is not going away. Biden will most likely win due to all these factors.

It will be a much different world. 100%.

She/Her
yankeefan7
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Phase 4. Thanks For Nothing #12
Posted: 7/18/20 at 11:48am

" I always wish as I am walking through the horror that is Times Square that they could just remove the theaters and put them somewhere much better. "

I remember when my entire family when to see "School Of Rock" at the Winter Garden Theater how glad we were that we did not have to go thru Times Square to see the show -lol.

Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Phase 4. Thanks For Nothing #13
Posted: 7/18/20 at 1:35pm

Yes, I always get excited when I get to see shows at Circle in the Square, August Wilson, Neil Simon and Lincoln Center! 

She/Her
JennH
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Phase 4. Thanks For Nothing #14
Posted: 7/19/20 at 12:06pm

Sutton, your optimism that Biden will win to me seems a bit TOO optimistic, especially considering what the hell has been going on in Portland and now has been seemingly threatened nationwide. The orange is testing the waters of how far his admin can go with tyrannical moves. And right wingers are praising it...the same wing nuts who tout 2A at every turn but will see that and not do anything about it. That should should knee jerk us all, and I don't like knee jerk reactions because they usually based on any sense of reason (hence the term knee jerk), but that should concern, if not terrify, us all. I want to believe he'll win so bad but I'm losing hope for that. We're 3.5 months away from Election Day and the orange maniac will absolutely try more insidious car between now and then, I dare anything to say he won't. 

And yeah just because Cuomo has stepped up to "lead" this one time, doesn't mean I like him. The stuff he's done when our backs were turned or blinded us because, "yay there's someone who's taking this seriously" makes his so call leadership moot to me. 

Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Phase 4. Thanks For Nothing #15
Posted: 7/19/20 at 12:24pm

Um, Trump's numbers have never been lower, America has lost confidence in him, he's GIVEN UP on this pandemic and just wants to talk about something else, his own party has been avoiding him and slowing backing away from him for years now. 

And I don't really care if you think I'm being optimistic, he's ruined this Country and everyone now knows it. Period. 

She/Her
JennH
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Phase 4. Thanks For Nothing #16
Posted: 7/19/20 at 12:57pm

Yes he has ruined everything, anything with a brain can see it, but you underestimate the stupidity of everyone else...polls are also notoriously unreliable and many experts are predicting a second term. And I'll repeat that he's absolutely going to absolutely try to subvert our voting system making any supposed low numbers a moot point. He's already subverted so many other things, much of it to success, you really think he won't try to attack our voting rights between now and then? If you want to ignore all that, be my guest, but don't underestimate those who's support for him has only gotten more fervent...my entire immediate family falls into this category, or at least my parents wouldn't if they actually paid half attention to anything. My brother is a lost cause however...so I see this first person. It may only be my own family I'm referring to, but believe me, those in this category are NOT to be underestimated. 

Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Phase 4. Thanks For Nothing #17
Posted: 7/19/20 at 2:18pm

I'm not ignoring anything, your family sounds like garbage, but I won't comment about that further. I tend not to read novels from people who need to emphasize words by PUTTING THEM IN ALL CAPS. 

Cuomo is amazing and has been a true leader through this entire thing. He is wonderful and gets things done. He is the reason why there hasn't been a huge recurrence of Covid19. While other states re opened too early and don't care if people die, he truly does. What an asset in the world today. 

She/Her
JennH
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Phase 4. Thanks For Nothing #18
Posted: 7/19/20 at 9:46pm

Wow...one word in all caps. What a crime. And that's not even a long post, but whatever, moving on...

Yeah, Cuomo...the guy who cut Medicaid funding in the midst of a pandemic, wouldn't even consider rent cancellation, told renters to just merely talk with their landlord (yeah that'll work), among I don't even know what anymore because of still constant barrage of info....yeah he's a real hero...like I said previously, the crap he's pulled while our backs were turned makes his "wonderfulness" very moot. So yeah you ignored all that. Don't mistake his sudden competence in service of something for actual competence. I don't praise someone who's doing their job. The job they should have been doing in the best of times, which he wasn't. That's not praiseworthy. I only appreciate that the state is no longer teeming with the virus and that's it.

yankeefan7
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Phase 4. Thanks For Nothing #19
Posted: 7/19/20 at 11:15pm

" Cuomo is amazing and has been a true leader through this entire thing. He is wonderful and gets things done. He is the reason why there hasn't been a huge recurrence of Covid19. While other states re opened too early and don't care if people die, he truly does. What an asset in the world today.  "

NY has more cases of the virus than any state in the country and way more deaths than any other state and you think he is doing wonderful job, ok.  California has basically double the population of NY and has 384,692 virus cases with 7,685 deaths. NY has 406,807 virus cases with 25,048 deaths, stats are from last Wednesday. Cuomo cares if people die and lets people with the virus leave hospitals and go into nursing homes with the elderly who are the most at risk people. Sorry, I guess I am missing the point of the great job he has done. Please explain.

Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Phase 4. Thanks For Nothing #20
Posted: 7/19/20 at 11:22pm

Nah.

She/Her
JennH
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Phase 4. Thanks For Nothing #21
Posted: 7/20/20 at 6:03pm

If you're not going to explain or present your case for why you think he's oh so great, than you have no right saying so, because it shows you're obviously ignoring the real problems he's created in the midst of pretending to lead. That's where I'm leaving this.

Highland Guy Profile PhotoHighland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Phase 4. Thanks For Nothing #22
Posted: 7/20/20 at 6:28pm

JennH said: "Sutton, your optimism that Biden will win to me seems a bit TOO optimistic"

And your pessimism that Biden will not win to me seems a bit TOO pessimistic.  In fact, it causes me to wonder just how "left" you are.....if at all.  Americans who want a change of the current occupancy in the White House don't normally bash our Democratic leaders.

PRESIDENT JOSEPH ROBINETTE BIDEN JR
Updated On: 7/20/20 at 06:28 PM
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Phase 4. Thanks For Nothing #23
Posted: 7/20/20 at 7:01pm

Aw Jenn, I would never attempt to "present my case" to a secret Trump Lover who only watches Fox News. I know the truth. My fellow New Yorkers on here also know the truth about how hard we all worked to get to this incredible point in this state. There is a reason we don't want people from states coming here that did not do the work 4 months ago. Now most states are completely screwed, and I have absolutely no sympathy for any of them. 

People like you are not my concern or problem thankfully. Engaging with you is a waste of time and I will not be doing it again. You are rude, aggressive, misinformed, and just generally really off putting. And that is coming from me Phase 4. Thanks For Nothing

Love in the Time of Coronavirus,

Sutton 

She/Her
JennH
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Phase 4. Thanks For Nothing #24
Posted: 7/20/20 at 9:11pm

I'm only back here to say once and for all that I detest that orange, always have and hate Fox with a burning passion. I'll thank you to not make blanket assumptions, it's just as rude as you claim I am and it doesn't make you any better than Trumpists who do the same.