Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Page: 1

Palm Springs (Hulu)

Alex Kulak2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Palm Springs (Hulu)#1
Posted: 7/13/20 at 10:12am

Anyone seen this movie yet? It's sort of a romantic comedy-twist on Groundhog Day. I caught it the other night and I thought it was good. Andy Samberg and Cristin Milotti have great chemistry, there's some clever writing, the plot goes in some interesting directions.

LexiGirl Profile PhotoLexiGirl Profile Photo
LexiGirl
Understudy
Understudy
Palm Springs (Hulu)#2
Posted: 7/13/20 at 9:33pm

Yes! I watched this last night. Cute movie, funny, great cast. Just the kind of movie we need right now. I find myself still thinking about some of the little details, but don’t want to say anything too spoilerish. I wouldn’t mind watching it again to go back and check a few things. Lately, I’ve found myself only wanting to watch things that are not depressing and that feel escapish. I wasn’t sure I’d enjoy this, but have been surprising myself lately. The other one I recently saw and really loved was Eurovision! 

TheGingerBreadMan Profile PhotoTheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
TheGingerBreadMan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Palm Springs (Hulu)#3
Posted: 7/14/20 at 11:46am

I loved it! I caught it at a local drive-in theatre on Sunday night. It was genuinely hilarious, great performances all around, and just made me feel really good inside. I'd highly recommend it.

Sutton Ross Profile PhotoSutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Palm Springs (Hulu)#4
Posted: 7/14/20 at 6:16pm

Oh, I adored this movie. I am visiting family this month so I caught this show at the Charcoal Corral in Perry, NY. It was a nice break from the horror that is 2020. 

Highly recommended! 

She/Her
Jordan Levinson
Stand-by
Stand-by
Palm Springs (Hulu)#5
Posted: 7/15/20 at 1:42am

I saw it a few days ago. Samberg and Milioti were both decent (liked their chemistry though), but it's a shame that Peter Gallagher and JK Simmons were stuck with thankless roles. Thank God it was all over after just 90 minutes.

I thought Palm Springs was mediocre at best. I don't get all the rave reviews, and I disliked much of the second half (final scenes excluded). Groundhog Day, to me, was the better-executed time loop movie. 

hork Profile Photohork Profile Photo
hork
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Palm Springs (Hulu)#6
Posted: 7/15/20 at 2:12pm

Agreed. I thought it was a lame, unfunny rip-off of Groundhog Day (which I think is an overrated movie to begin with, though I do like it). It's indicative of how lazy this movie is that the title they came up for it is "Palm Springs," even though it's not about Palm Springs at all and just happens to be set there (but it could have been set anywhere).

SmoothLover Profile PhotoSmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Palm Springs (Hulu)#7
Posted: 7/15/20 at 3:55pm

I watched it and now I barely remember it.

Call_me_jorge Profile PhotoCall_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Palm Springs (Hulu)#8
Posted: 7/15/20 at 3:57pm
I understand why more people didn’t also get stuck in the time loop. Like, his girlfriend never followed him down there? Nobody else, but JK Simmons and Milioti?
Alex Kulak2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Palm Springs (Hulu)#9
Posted: 7/17/20 at 10:18am

Call_me_jorge said: "I understand why more people didn’t also get stuck in the time loop. Like, his girlfriend never followed him down there? Nobody else, but JK Simmons and Milioti?"

I think it's because his girlfriend was always going to cheat on him with the Australian officiant, no matter what he did. I also think that JK Simmons got stuck really early on, so Andy Samberg was always more careful.

carnzee
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Palm Springs (Hulu)#10
Posted: 7/18/20 at 3:01am
I found it to be a tonic. It's the kind of movie that used to be Hollywood's bread and butter: a ninety minute romantic comedy, well written and acted. Samberg has leading man charisma. Not an unforgettable classic but very refreshing.