Page: 1

Bernadette Peters: A Special Concert (2009) Stream (Upcoming)

qolbinau Profile Photoqolbinau Profile Photo
qolbinau
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

https://broadwaycares.org/pre-event/bernadette-peters-a-special-concert/

Does this mean it will stay on YouTube afterwards?

This is quite an exciting event, as there are quite a few new songs Bernadette sung here that she doesn't usually sing in concert or haven't been released professionally, for example:

* It was the first time she sung In Buddy's Eyes and Losing My Mind live - Losing My Mind is in a higher key than she sung it on Broadway
* She sings "Goodbye for Now", that song Sondheim song from Reds (was it?)
* She sings Children and Art
* Some funny jokes and throwbacks given it's Broadway barks themed.

Can't wait!

"Rose in Gypsy was like going through therapy for me. Playing Rose helped me put a lot of emotions to bed. There was so much lacking in Rose and that's why she had to prove herself through her children. [interviewer]In ways that reminded you of your mom?[/interviewer]. Let's just say the role was very interesting for me. That one was the most interesting [I've ever played]" - Bernadette Peters (2018)
Updated On: 6/30/20 at 09:27 AM
JackiesBroJoe Profile PhotoJackiesBroJoe Profile Photo
JackiesBroJoe
Featured Actor
Featured Actor

She also sings "Somebody Somewhere" from Most Happy Fella and "Another Hundred People." A big treat! 

CityLights3
Swing
Swing
I was there and remember it well. It was a wonderful concert from top to bottom. The only downer was sitting there realizing that the legendary Mary Tyler Moore wasn’t going to have the strength to stick around forever.

The Range of songs she does is a masterclass in delivery and performance. And the Bob Mackie dress is possibly one of the most smoldering yet sophisticated dresses Mackie has ever designed for Peters. With 15,000 crystals, she nearly puts the New Years ball to shame.

Cannot wait to revisit such an incredible evening.
bear88
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I may be dense, but will this be shown once or will it be on later? I would enjoy seeing this, but 5 pm Pacific time is difficult for me.
ggersten Profile Photoggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Bump. I just found out about this as I missed the original post.  (Thank you search function!)

Friday, July 10. 8:00 p.m. Eastern  BroadwayCares Facebook and YouTube channels - as well playbill.com and iHeartRadioBroadway.com.  I don't see the answer to the question whether this will stay up on YouTube after the Friday streaming.   

macbeth Profile Photomacbeth Profile Photo
macbeth
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

Most of them have stayed up for a few days