Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Page: 1

Liza Minnelli’s New Orleans Concert on Amazon

DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Liza’s fabulous 1979 New Orleans concert is now streaming on Amazon.  And its the whole thing!  Not the edited  Hey I’m watching Liza in New Orleans. Check it out now on Prime Video!
https://watch.amazon.com/detail?asin=B088JTS5RH&territory=US&ref_=share_ios_movie&r=web

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
Updated On: 6/4/20 at 10:15 AM
Alessio2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

I added it to my watchlist.  Is it amazing?

alovingfan Profile Photoalovingfan Profile Photo
alovingfan
Understudy
Understudy

I watched it this morning.  It really is wonderful.  She was in her prime.  I believe this was a HBO special.  There have been two or three different heavily edited versions out there throughout the years.  This si the whole thing.  Wonderful.  

DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Watch to the very end and watch her go to her dressing room and into the arms of Fred Ebb. I am not sure; but I don't think that was in any other previous release?
greensgreens Profile Photogreensgreens Profile Photo
greensgreens
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
This concert is incredible! Dare I say I prefer it to Liza With A Z or will that get me banned?
BWAY Baby2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

Love Liza-have seen her in concert many, many times- and on BWAY many times- including Chicago- I never cared for Liza With A Z- the music just never grabbed me- but the dancing was great- love this concert. 

Demitri2 Profile PhotoDemitri2 Profile Photo
Demitri2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I had a flagship music store in Hollywood around this time. One day Pioneer Electronics stopped by and installed an elaborate LaserDisc/monitor display to promote the new LaserDisc medium. The demonstration disc used was this concert performance of Liza's. I loved it back then and can still enjoy watching it today. Liza at her best. The consummate performer. However, I could never locate a copy of the concert on VHS or DVD.

BrodyFosse123 Profile PhotoBrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Demitri2 said: "I had a flagship music store in Hollywood around this time. One day Pioneer Electronics stopped by and installedan elaborate LaserDisc/monitor display to promote the new LaserDisc medium. The demonstration disc used was this concert performance of Liza's. I loved it back then and can still enjoy watching it today. Liza at her best. The consummate performer. However, I could never locate a copy of the concert on VHS or DVD."

You didn’t look hard enough, Chiclet. 

Wee Thomas2 Profile PhotoWee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I noticed this on Amazon and added it to my Watchlist.  I did not see Liza With a Z available there as the article said it would

DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Wee Thomas2 said: "I noticed this on Amazon and added it to my Watchlist. I did not see Liza With a Z available there as the article said it would"

It’s there.

nealb1 Profile Photonealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I hope this will be released on dvd, so people who don't belong to Amazon can watch it.

DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
nealb1 said: "I hope this will be released on dvd, so people who don't belong to Amazon can watch it."

You can rent it from amazon for $1.99 without having prime.

Robbie2 Profile PhotoRobbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Her stamina and her voice simply WOW-what a fun concert and not ending with NY, NY at that stage of her career ...she was really in her prime exhibited by her youthful exuberance but I was really blown away by her LIZA Live at RCMH in 1992 as I was in college and lucky enough to be at that show and was blown away by her nonstop NRG at the age of 46 and her vocal prowess was just amazing. That was a night I'll never forget!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Robbie2 said: "Herstamina and her voice simply WOW-whata fun concert and not ending with NY, NY at that stage of her career...she was really in her primeexhibited by her youthful exuberancebut I was really blown away by herLIZA Live at RCMH in 1992 as I was in college and lucky enough to be at that show and was blown away by her nonstopNRG at the age of 46 and her vocal prowess was just amazing. That was a night I'll never forget!"

I was at RCMH as well.  There was nothing like seeing her live at that time.  I was also at the filming of Lizas at the Palace... which was filmed at the MGM in Vegas.  Voice was shot.. but in person...still magnificent. 

SmoothLover Profile PhotoSmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Evening Primrose with Anthony Perkins (televised) is also on Amazon.

CATSNYrevival Profile PhotoCATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

SmoothLover said: "Evening Primrose with Anthony Perkins (televised) is also on Amazon."

To rent. It's not streaming on Prime.

KnewItWhenIWasInFron
Leading Actor
Leading Actor

Robbie2 said: "Herstamina and her voice simply WOW-whata fun concert and not ending with NY, NY at that stage of her career"

...although, for my money, ending with a far superior song from the same movie.

MichelleCraig Profile PhotoMichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

This concert was taped in New Orleans in November of 1979. Liza made her first Carnegie Hall appearance with this same show in September of 1979; 11 performances I believe.

The New Orleans concert IS the Carnegie Hall concert right down to the costumes and her supporting singer/dancers, Roger Minami and Obba Babatunde.

I was lucky enough to see it from the front row at Carnegie Hall. There was a double album set of the concert released, but it's never been "officially" released on CD. Seven years later, Minnelli returned to Carnegie Hall for a three-week engagement that was recorded and released on Telarc Records, an audiophile label founded in 1977. A 2-CD set of that concert, as well as a single disc "highlights" edition is still available but may be difficult to locate.

DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

MichelleCraig said: "This concert was taped in New Orleans in November of 1979. Liza made her first Carnegie Hall appearance with this same show in September of 1979; 11 performances I believe.

The New Orleans concert IS the Carnegie Hall concert right down to the costumes and her supporting singer/dancers, Roger Minami and Obba Babatunde.

I was lucky enough to see it from the front row atCarnegie Hall. There was a double album set of the concert released, but it's never been "officially" released on CD. Seven years later, Minnelli returned to Carnegie Hall for a three-week engagement that was recorded and released on Telarc Records, an audiophile label founded in 1977. A 2-CD set of that concert, as well as a single disc "highlights" edition is still available but may be difficult to locate.
"

She toured this show. I saw it in Jones Beach in the middle of a torrential.  She did not miss a beat.