Page: 1

Smash Returns

DramaTeach Profile PhotoDramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Smash Returns#1
Posted: 5/21/20 at 3:59am
Seems as though Smash may not be done. Katharine McPhee posted on Twitter that the real Big Finish is that theyre not actually done yet. She ended with a stay tuned. During the reunion that happened at intermission, Christian Borle made some off-the-cuff remark about how if only their bosses owned a steaming service. NBC is about to launch Peacock, their answer to Netflix, so it seems like Smash will be returning there.

Now I only wonder who will be part of it. Is Karen still dating Jimmy? Does the Hitlist cast have a place in that world anymore? Did Sam win a Tony for starring in a historical hip-hop musical by Lin Manuel Miranda (he had a cameo on the show previously)? So many possibilities!
KJ4 Profile PhotoKJ4 Profile Photo
KJ4
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Smash Returns#2
Posted: 5/21/20 at 4:14am
Both Megan and Kat tweet somethings along the line like that but it also can interpret as a bit joke between them so Im not sure if it s true. And all the casts now are older. If.. and that s a big if, s03 happen it could very well be the new stories - new cast altogether and only some previous cast will got the roles like being mentor or worse...a mom in the series lol

Wd love to see the whole casts back tgh though. And Jeremy s right on the during admission in saying about all the hate that flooding on internet for season 2 especially toward the end of filming and now everyone say they love it. What s that all about.
gypsy101 Profile Photogypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Smash Returns#3
Posted: 5/21/20 at 4:29am

yeah i noticed Jeremy Jordan was very reticent about his experience on the show

i'd be very interested in a third season, if one is coming on Peacock obviously it's been 7 years in our life but who knows when it would take place in the world of the show.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."
MCW1227 Profile PhotoMCW1227 Profile Photo
MCW1227
Understudy
Understudy
Smash Returns#4
Posted: 5/21/20 at 5:18am

It would be so hard after such a long separation to recreate the same magic as season 1. That, for me, was one of the most incredible seasons of any TV show ever.  Season 2 was the polar opposite of that. I’m a firm believer that you can’t home again.  It’s never the same.  During this seclusion period, I’ve really enjoyed rewatching this amazing show and the incredibly talented creative performers. 

Be Kind
WestEndGal
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Smash Returns#5
Posted: 5/21/20 at 5:42am

KJ4 said: "Both Megan and Kat tweet somethings along the line like that but it also can interpret as a bit joke between them so Im not sure if it s true. And all the casts now are older. If.. and that s a big if, s03 happen it could very well be the new stories - new cast altogether and only some previous cast will got the roles like being mentor or worse...a mom in the series lol

Wd love to see the whole casts back tgh though. And Jeremy s right on the during admission in saying about all the hate that flooding on internet for season 2 especially toward the end of filming and now everyone say they love it. What s that all about.
"

I totally agree about the hate watching thing, it totally did drown out all the good and great of that show, and a lot of it was just mean spirited at the time. Smash certainly wasn’t perfect and a lot of the time was a mess, but for me it always showed it’s true quality with those amazing songs and production numbers. I think Smash was doomed the moment s2 opened with low ratings and so Jeremy was probably dealing with a lot more of the negativity. Also didn’t help that Jimmy was a pretty terrible character, through no fault of Jeremys.

I’d love for there to be some sort of Smash revival but we’ve all been talking about it for years and I imagine the costs would be so high (not least because how expensive the actors would be now) so I’ll just stay happy with moments like this amazing concert! 

LightsOut90
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Smash Returns#6
Posted: 5/21/20 at 7:28am

I am hearing a stage adaptation is going to be announced later today, they couldnt figure out a book for Bombshell so they are taking the general concept of Smash (small town girl big city, intrigue of the business of broadway etc etc) and using that as the framing to still be able to use that music for the "show within the show" and then writing new music for the framing story....

DramaTeach Profile PhotoDramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Smash Returns#7
Posted: 5/21/20 at 8:19am
Well, I guess this was more about a future Broadway version of the show.
KJ4 Profile PhotoKJ4 Profile Photo
KJ4
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Smash Returns#8
Posted: 5/21/20 at 12:48pm

it s announced. The Smash Musical is on development now .Its going to broadway. 

Updated On: 5/21/20 at 12:48 PM
bryan2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Smash Returns#9
Posted: 5/21/20 at 6:00pm

People who loved Smash are usually loving the Megan/Kat duo. I don't think either of them will be involved in this because they have kind of aged out of playing ingénues at this point. I even think Megan is now to old to play Marilyn if they did Bombshell..but on stage because of no closeups it could work...I think people love season one more than season two because two fell into a ridiculous plot of Karen just quiting a staring role in a Broadway Musical to go work with her boyfriend..(I guess they forgot about actors contracts) and then them just giving Ivy , who tried to kill herself,  and fell down drunk as a chorus girl, the part...like  producers invest their cash into  an unknown with "problems" to lead a show. it was tooooo far fetched...but it had great music year 2