Posted: 5/8/20 at 12:23pm

The Queens have been RuVealed...

CT2NYC Profile PhotoCT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE ALL STARS 5#2
Posted: 5/8/20 at 12:32pm

Not the most exciting group, in my opinion, but I'm definitely curious to see how Blair St. Clair has evolved. 

Huss417 Profile PhotoHuss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE ALL STARS 5#3
Posted: 5/8/20 at 12:34pm

Don't you think once you've done All Stars once that should be it? So many other queens they could give a spot to.

Full List

Alexis Mateo
Blair St Clair
Derrick Barry
India Ferrah
Jujubee
Mariah Balenciaga
Mayhem Miller
Miz Cracker
Ongina
Shea Couleé

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.
Updated On: 5/8/20 at 12:34 PM
Jordan Catalano Profile PhotoJordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE ALL STARS 5#4
Posted: 5/8/20 at 12:49pm

I think any Queen who was on AS1 deserves another shot. 

And personally, I'm LIVING for this lineup. So many early season girls there to reintroduce themselves to the world. And I will always and forever be #TeamAlexisMateo. BAM! 

I'm also just thrilled we finally get Ongina back after all these years of speculation. Very curious what she'll be like now. I can't wait for this season to start. 

TotallyEffed Profile PhotoTotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE ALL STARS 5#5
Posted: 5/8/20 at 12:53pm

Team Juju.

CT2NYC Profile PhotoCT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE ALL STARS 5#6
Posted: 5/8/20 at 12:56pm

Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE ALL STARS 5#7
Posted: 5/8/20 at 1:01pm

I love how Derrick is all "I relied too much on Britney last time" so her workroom entrance look is...Britney.

Huss417 Profile PhotoHuss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE ALL STARS 5#8
Posted: 5/8/20 at 1:16pm

Blair St Clair reminds me so much of Donna Mills from the 80s. 

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.
Updated On: 5/8/20 at 01:16 PM
ArtMan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE ALL STARS 5#9
Posted: 5/8/20 at 1:55pm

Blair St Clair looks different out of drag compared to his season.  Has he had work done?  I'm only familiar with Miz Cracker, Mayhem  and Blair.  Were any of the other queens the villain or s**t starter of their season?

Updated On: 5/8/20 at 01:55 PM
TotallyEffed
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE ALL STARS 5#10
Posted: 5/8/20 at 2:54pm
Blair definitely had her lips done and lost some of her baby fat.

There aren’t really any known villains, except Derrick who was more of a delusional agitator. Juju can read ya for filth though. The producers will find a way to stir up some drama, I’m sure.
Someone in a Tree2 Profile PhotoSomeone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE ALL STARS 5#11
Posted: 5/8/20 at 3:11pm

When exactly does this premiere? And did they manage to get the whole show shot before the lockdown? Getting to the end and another Zoom finale sounds like not much fun...

Updated On: 5/8/20 at 03:11 PM
Someone in a Tree2 Profile PhotoSomeone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE ALL STARS 5#12
Posted: 5/8/20 at 3:54pm

Just found it--  premieres June 5. Woohoo.

TotallyEffed
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE ALL STARS 5#13
Posted: 5/8/20 at 4:16pm

This was shot quite a while ago, including the crowning. The only thing that wasn't shot was the usual Meet the Queens promo.

Impossible2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE ALL STARS 5#14
Posted: 5/8/20 at 7:31pm

A few meh ones, but mostly exciting.

Don't we know who already won tho?

It was pretty obvious when certain tour dates were booked a while ago.

broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE ALL STARS 5#15
Posted: 5/9/20 at 12:47pm

All-Stars 5 filmed just before Season 12 filmed. Many of the queens in both seasons were under the impression that they were going to air in that order for quite a while.

TheatreFan4 Profile PhotoTheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE ALL STARS 5#16
Posted: 5/9/20 at 1:14pm

Jordan Catalano said: "I love how Derrick is all "I relied too much on Britney last time" so her workroom entrance look is...Britney."

Derrick is... well she's not smart... in literally any respect so...

"Hi there, we represent The Broadway Better Business Players for a Better Tomorrow. We're trying to start a petition to get second rate shows taken off the marquee and with your help we can stop Mamma Mia from ever playing again." -Brad Jones in Suburban Knights

"Is it true you have Ralph Jr at the bottom of your purse in a jar of formaldehyde?" - Felicia
"No, but I wish I did so I could shove it down your throat!" - Bernadette

"This play is sh*t! This play is sh*t! F*CK YOU TERRENCE MCNALLY!!"- Patti LuPone as an angry theatre goer at 'Master Class'

"Being normal is VASTLY overrated..."
- Aggie Cromwell
ArtMan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE ALL STARS 5#17
Posted: 5/9/20 at 4:41pm

I thought someone on here posted that this was going to be shown on Showtime.  I was surprised last night, during the advertisement, that it would be on VH1.  Happy, cuz I don't have Showtime.

Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE ALL STARS 5#18
Posted: 5/9/20 at 4:50pm

It was originally going to be on Showtime. Not sure why they switched it back to VH1 but I'm glad they did.

broadwayjim42
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE ALL STARS 5#19
Posted: 5/9/20 at 9:47pm

I got torn a new one on Twitter yesterday after commenting on Blair's lips. Got a lot of "it's their body, they can do what they want," which is absolutely true. To each their own, but curious as to why the really young queens, like Blair, Naomi and Farrah Moan, deem it necessary. Their business, not mine.

Must be the old fart/parent in me talking. 

darreyl102 Profile Photodarreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE ALL STARS 5#20
Posted: 5/9/20 at 10:09pm

broadwayjim42 said: "I got torn a new one on Twitter yesterday after commenting on Blair's lips. Got a lot of "it's their body, they can do what they want," which is absolutely true. To each their own, but curious as to why the really young queens, like Blair, Naomi and Farrah Moan, deem it necessary. Their business, not mine.

Must be the old fart/parent in me talking.
"

They use the excuse that it's so they look more feminine in Drag. but you can paint to look that way so it's not really an excuse 

I think it speaks to a inner insecurity they have about themselves and their physical appearance they may have. The industry, and the gay community do put high standards on what is considered attractive.

Darreyl with an L!
Updated On: 5/10/20 at 10:09 PM
 Musical Master Profile Photo Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE ALL STARS 5#21
Posted: 5/10/20 at 10:34pm

This is going to be an awesome season with the most solid line up of All-Stars probably since the 2nd and 3rd seasons. Also I'm overjoyed they moved it back to VH1 because my cable doesn't have Showtime unfortunately. So excited!

TheatreFan4
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE ALL STARS 5#22
Posted: 5/10/20 at 11:54pm

>I think it speaks to a inner insecurity they have about themselves and their physical appearance they may have. The industry, and the gay community do put high standards on what is considered attractive.

Or it's just because they want pumped lips? 

>They use the excuse that it's so they look more feminine in Drag. but you can paint to look that way so it's not really an excuse 

Naomi doesn't even pad or wear tits. It's got nothing to do with looking feminine. Meatball is the same way. She pads, but features her hairy chest and shoulders almost all the time while her face is full of botox. I think it's really ****ty that people jump right insecurity when someone wants to change something about their appearance. Maybe we can destigmatize cosmetic procedures, yeah? 

And no, overdrawn lips are not in anyway comparable to actual pumped lips.

"Hi there, we represent The Broadway Better Business Players for a Better Tomorrow. We're trying to start a petition to get second rate shows taken off the marquee and with your help we can stop Mamma Mia from ever playing again." -Brad Jones in Suburban Knights

"Is it true you have Ralph Jr at the bottom of your purse in a jar of formaldehyde?" - Felicia

"This play is sh*t! This play is sh*t! F*CK YOU TERRENCE MCNALLY!!"- Patti LuPone as an angry theatre goer at 'Master Class'

- Aggie Cromwell
darreyl102 Profile Photodarreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE ALL STARS 5#23
Posted: 5/11/20 at 2:43am

TheatreFan4 said: ">I think it speaks to a inner insecurity they have about themselves and their physical appearance they may have. The industry, and the gay community do put high standards on what is considered attractive.

Or it's just because they want pumped lips?

>They use the excuse that it's so they look more feminine in Drag. but you can paint to look that way so it's not really an excuse

Naomi doesn't even pad or wear tits. It's got nothing to do with looking feminine. Meatball is the same way. She pads, but features her hairy chest and shoulders almost all the time while her face is full of botox. I think it's really ****ty that people jump right insecurity when someone wants to change something about their appearance. Maybe we can destigmatize cosmetic procedures, yeah?

And no, overdrawn lips are not in anyway comparable to actual pumped lips.
"

I didn't say they necessarily had any insecurities, I said "they may have". If anything, we should promote natural aging and loving yourself for yourself more in society and In the industry instead of this focus on being perfect and artificial. I'm not saying they necessarily have insecurities about their appearance, but when someone starts getting a lot of work done, it becomes questionable. 

Darreyl with an L!
Updated On: 5/11/20 at 02:43 AM
TheatreFan4
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE ALL STARS 5#24
Posted: 5/11/20 at 11:21am
Or they just enjoy body modification? Do you hold the same thoughts for people who have a lot of tattoos or piercings?

We should promote people minding their own ****ing business and not try to psychoanalyze people based on their choices of getting fillers or plastic surgery.

- Aggie Cromwell
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE ALL STARS 5#25
Posted: 5/11/20 at 11:36am
That’s a very good point about Naomi Smalls. Has she ever had fake tits, ever? She’s thin as a rail and never pads and is one of the fishiest queens ever. I love her so damn much.