Skip to main content Skip to footer site map
New Lydia Deetz ( who do you think should replace Sophia Anne Caruso ) - Page 5

New Lydia Deetz ( who do you think should replace Sophia Anne Caruso ) - Page 5

ellbellthomps
Featured Actor
Featured Actor

I'd be surprised if Alex would leave before the eviction. 

If they can swing moving and announce it soon, I would not be surprised at all if they stunt casted Lydia before/after the possible move to gain a bit more in sales as a cushion after Alex leaves. 

ellbellthomps
Featured Actor
Featured Actor

I'd be surprised if Alex would leave before the eviction. 

If they can swing moving and announce it soon, I would not be surprised at all if they stunt casted Lydia before/after the possible move to gain a bit more in sales as a cushion after Alex leaves. 

brettystar Profile Photobrettystar Profile Photo
brettystar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

I’m surprised they are going to move the show. If it hasn’t yet recouped it’s initial investment and it is going to cost extra to move and redesign the show I’m surprised they are just not going to call it a day and focus on the tour and other territories internationally. Especially if Alex Brightman leaves the show too. He is a draw for a lot of repeat attendees. Plus isn’t Presley one of the major tik tok champions? They will no doubt miss that too once she moves on. I wish the show all the best of course but just trying to make sense of it.

'Downtown Elaiggghhhy?'
Tommymac 2
Understudy
Understudy
Looks like they are definitely casting a new lydia. I cant imagine it being anything BUT stunt casting. Only thing that makes sense at this point. And everyone has been posting 3 months left at winter garden. Not “ closing”
I kind of agree they should just close and move on.
Unless they stunt cast. It doesn’t really make sense to continue
RippedMan Profile PhotoRippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

It's not like it's a super easy role to stunt cast. you actually have to sing. And actually have to look like a teenager. 

Maximilia
Swing
Swing

RippedMan said: "It's not like it's a super easy role to stunt cast. you actually have to sing. And actually have to look like a teenager."

True. But there are several very well known teenagers from TV/film that has Broadwaycredits and can sing right now. Gabriella Pizzolo, Sadie Sink, Sydney Lucas to start with.

KathyNYC2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I believe Sadie just went back to filming the next season ofStranger things. I doubt she’s available.
MannPhan24601
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Jackie Evancho ? Sarah Hyland ?( Who people think are the kitty on the Masked Singer )

Kaitlyn Davis looked like she was having a fancy photoshoot with Matthew Murphy the other day . Her mom is a photographer and always does her headshots so hmmm
trpguyy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Maximilia said: "RippedMan said: "It's not like it's a super easy role to stunt cast. you actually have to sing. And actually have to look like a teenager."

True. But there are several very well known teenagers from TV/film that has Broadwaycredits and can sing right now. Gabriella Pizzolo, Sadie Sink, Sydney Lucas to start with.
"

That’s not stunt casting. Those three established themselves on Broadway. 

Maximilia
Swing
Swing

That’s not stunt casting. Those three established themselves on Broadway."

Very true. But they might be considered more like TV-stars of people who have seen them on the TV-shows, and do not know that much about their Broadway-background.

brendanotinger
Swing
Swing

Singer/YouTuber, Poppy, has expressed interest in playing Lydia and posted looks on Instagram that make me really want to see her in the role. 

Tommymac 2
Understudy
Understudy
I think Sarah hyland would be great as lydia !! And she has broadway experience
DoTheDood Profile PhotoDoTheDood Profile Photo
DoTheDood
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

brendanotinger said: "Singer/YouTuber, Poppy, has expressed interest in playing Lydia and posted looks on Instagram that make mereallywant to see her in the role."

She does have a weird break for her tour between March and June, but her first day back on tour would be June 6th, the same day of BJ's closing at the Winter Garden. If she had just a few more days of a break, I would have been excited, she would have made a great Lydia. 

RippedMan Profile PhotoRippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I've literally not a clue who any of you are referencing as "stunt casting." I know Sydney Lucas, and she's def not stunt casting. Nor are any of other names mentioned. 

darquegk Profile Photodarquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Would Poppy be the first openly non-binary performer to play a cisgender role on Broadway?
brendanotinger
Swing
Swing

darquegk said: "Would Poppy be the first openly non-binary performer to play a cisgender role on Broadway?"

Moriah, the performer, identifies as a girl. Poppy, the character, is gender neutral. 

darquegk
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hmm. Okay. I hadn’t heard that. But it makes sense; Prince Rogers Nelson was a man but Prince the persona was mode gender fluid and he had female alter ego Camille.
IAMREADING
Understudy
Understudy

Wow! Poppy would be cool. I have never heard her sing sing, does she have the chops?

Do we have no Lydia as of now? The website says Presley but her last show was supposed to be 3/29. A shame I guess she unknowingly had her last show 3/11.

Broadway Buddy
Stand-by
Stand-by

Do we have no Lydia as of now? The website says Presley but her last show was supposed to be 3/29. A shame I guess she unknowingly had her last show 3/11."

one of my good friends is friends with Presley. (They go to school together). She said she played her final performance but she doesn’t know what the deal is with her replacement if it’s coming back (which is highly unlikely)

brendanotinger
Swing
Swing

"Wow! Poppy would be cool. I have never heard her sing sing, does she have the chops?"

Judging by her acoustic rendition of "Everybody Wants to Be Poppy" and some unreleased songs, she could definitely handle the score for a decent stint. Her voice is stronger than she lets on. 

unclevictor
Swing
Swing

Ummmmm I don't think Beetlejuice is gonna be casting anyone....anytime soon.... sad

Broadway Buddy
Stand-by
Stand-by
So if beetlejuice transfers I would love to see Krysta Rodriguez as Lydia. She may be a little old but I feel like she would be great in the role
unclevictor
Swing
Swing

if it transfers....whaaaat?  are you aware it closed today and there's a pandemic????? 

HEEEELLLLLOOOOOOO

Scarlet Leigh Profile PhotoScarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

unclevictor said: "if it transfers....whaaaat? are you aware it closed today and there's a pandemic?????

HEEEELLLLLOOOOOOO
"

They are very VERY much still trying to make a transfer once shows reopen a thing. All their social media accounts have very STRATEGICALLY worded the closing announcement today with things like "Beetlejuice has had it's final performance...... at the Winter Garden." The producers of the show still have a lot of faith in it though the longer the shutdown goes on, the less and less chance they have of a transfer still happening OR the more and more? With the uncertainty of the future at this point, less shows might be willing to come in next season and make theater owners more willing to talk transfer with the Beetlejuice team. They might rather having anything in the theatre over being dark.

darquegk
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The production isn’t coming back. What they’re trying to do is maintain a franchise branding. No one has ever been able to, or tried, to sell a closed musical as an ongoing pop cultural phenomenon, but they’re making an effort to do that and keep Alex Brightman as a brand ambassador the way LMM has been for Hamilton.