Page: 1

Pet Shop Boys & New Order announce joint N.American Tour

inception Profile Photoinception Profile Photo
inception
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
From PSB's site:

Pet Shop Boys and New Order today confirm a co-headlining tour of North America. The two British electronic bands have announced that The Unity Tour kicks off September 5 in Toronto and sees stops in select cities including Madison Square Garden in New York, Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles and more. Both bands will play a full set with the headliner alternating each night. Full list of dates below. Tickets go on sale to the general public starting Friday, February 28th at 10am local time at the link below.

Saturday September 5th Budweiser Stage Toronto, ON
Wednesday September 9th Rockland Trust Bank Pavilion Boston, MA
Friday September 11th TD Pavilion at the Mann Philadelphia, PA
Saturday September 12th Madison Square Garden New York, NY
Tuesday September 15th - Merriweather Post Pavilion Columbia, MD
Friday September 18th - Huntington Bank Pavilion Chicago, IL
Sunday September 20th The Armory Minneapolis, MN
Thursday September 24th Pepsi Live at Rogers Arena Vancouver, BC
Saturday September 26th Gorge Amphitheatre George, WA
Wednesday September 30th Chase Center San Francisco, CA
Friday October 2nd Hollywood Bowl Los Angeles, CA
ArtMan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I hope they announce more dates.  Although I was a little disappointed by the Super tour, I would see Pet Shop Boys again, only for the chance to see New Order.  I had a few opportunities over the years to see Pet Shop Boys during the 90's and beyond, it never worked out for me.  I just feel when I did eventually see them, I missed their heyday.  Thank goodness, I had purchased the Super cd prior to the concert.  I would have really been really lost since their setlist was heavy on this cd.  But they were better than Erasure and Depeche Mode.  Two groups I also saw later in their career.  I have been to three Depeche Mode concerts and still haven't heard Strangelove.  WTF

Impossible2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

ArtMan said: "I hope they announce more dates. Although I was a little disappointed by the Super tour, I would see Pet Shop Boys again, only for the chance to see New Order. I had a few opportunities over the years to see Pet Shop Boys during the 90's and beyond, it never worked out for me. I just feel when I did eventually see them, I missed their heyday. Thank goodness, I had purchased the Super cd prior to the concert. I would have really been really lost since their setlist was heavy on this cd. But they were better than Erasure and Depeche Mode. Two groups I also saw later in their career. I have been to three Depeche Mode concerts and still haven't heard Strangelove. WTF"

The rest of the PSB tour of Europe is being advertised as a Greatest Hits tour and I imagine this will be the same set list so you should enjoy this one more x

broadwayjim42
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Hoping for more dates as well...nothing south of Maryland at this point.

FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Those ticket prices are way, way too high. I've seen the last seven Pet Shop Boys tours and I love them. Even saw them the hideous night after Trump won and the same month Brexit was voted through,  I get that it's a "double headliner" tour, but all that expense for a New Order without Peter Hook?  No thank you.

Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile