& Juliet OR Jaime

wish i were here2 Profile Photowish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
& Juliet OR Jaime#1
Posted: 2/20/20 at 1:28pm

Hey y'all,

I'm going on a quick trip to London and I have space for one more show. I was debating between & Juliet or Everybody's Talking About Jaime.

Just wanted to see what y'all think would be the better show to see.

Thanks for your help!

Impossible2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
& Juliet OR Jaime#2
Posted: 2/20/20 at 1:36pm

I'd say they are about equal with Jamie just winning out simply because it's an original that I'd rather support over a jukebox musical where a multimillionaire just gets more money...

For me &Juilet was enjoyable, but it is all spectacle with the occasional clever moment and I thought it was too long and in the 2nd act there's a bit too much badly written forced song cramming going on.

Jamie is a simple story and is heartwarming fun with some great music.

So Jamie wins out for me, but I know others will go the other way.

hearthemsing22
Stand-by
Stand-by
& Juliet OR Jaime#3
Posted: 2/20/20 at 1:37pm

Correct me if I'm wrong (I haven't seen it) but I think &Juliet is a jukebox musical? So if you want to see that, I'd go with that. I have seen Jamie, and I loved it, but I will admit that as an American I was a little confused on some terms used (the bad word they call Jamie), but I absolutely loved most of the music. This may not be helpful, but I think you couldn't go wrong with either. 

Det95
Understudy
Understudy
& Juliet OR Jaime#4
Posted: 2/20/20 at 2:26pm

I haven't seen &Juliet, but I really enjoyed Jamie while in London last summer.

ren598
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
& Juliet OR Jaime#5
Posted: 2/20/20 at 2:53pm

Go see & Juliet if you want to have a fun time.  It's a jukebox musical done well.  I saw it earlier this month and really enjoyed it.  I saw Jamie in movie theaters and I liked it as well.   It really depends on what you're in the mood for.  For & Juiet, you can probably catch the original cast (the one on the CD) before they leave.