Drag Shows NYC

Jessetenny Profile PhotoJessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Drag Shows NYC#1
Posted: 2/16/20 at 8:29pm

Hey all,

A friend of mine who is a drag performer here in Canada is going on a Broadway trip to New York in May of this year, and is wondering if there are any regularly scheduled open stage drag shows that happen on Saturdays, Sundays or Mondays in the city. She has reached the peak of drag in her city and is looking to expand her following. Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Jessetenny Profile PhotoJessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Drag Shows NYC#2
Posted: 2/19/20 at 3:50pm

Bump - hoping someone can help.

LxGstv
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Drag Shows NYC#3
Posted: 2/21/20 at 5:18pm
Laurie Beechman Theatre always has some drag performances. Sometimes they are former Drag Race contestants, but they also have some local queens I believe. I looked at the schedule this weekend and there’s a queen from Seattle performing!

There’s also some random drag brunches, but I never attended any so I cannot comment on it.
Stage Door Sally Profile PhotoStage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Drag Shows NYC#4
Posted: 2/23/20 at 1:46pm

My daughter's bachelorette party was held at Lips. You may want to enquire with them.

https://www.nycdragshow.com/

Impossible2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Drag Shows NYC#5
Posted: 2/24/20 at 2:26pm

I think Monster Bar is what you're looking for. That's where Bob the Drag Queen etc all came out of. I think it has a lot of drag hosted nights.

I think Lips is more professional type performances for straight crowd events as said above than it is for cutting edge or new drag performers.

JRH182
Swing
Swing
Drag Shows NYC#6
Posted: 2/26/20 at 1:48pm

You should also check out the drag show at REBAR on Monday night. They have Marquee Mondays with Sherry Pie as the host. A bunch of the Drag Race girls have appeared in her show. And Sherry Pie is on the next season of Drag Race as well! 

JP2 Profile PhotoJP2 Profile Photo
JP2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Drag Shows NYC#7
Posted: 2/27/20 at 9:27am

LOL.

No open stages Saturday or Sunday. On Monday they can try Drag Wars at Pieces. You have to submit your music around 8pm to secure a spot, and showtime is around 11pm.