SIX - Preview Thread- Page 9

GlenCoco
Understudy
joined:5/4/19
Understudy
joined:
5/4/19
SIX - Preview Thread#201
Posted: 2/25/20 at 3:29pm

gibsons2 said: "starcatchers said: "Anyone seeing the show tonight? You’ll be seeing a debut."



I am seeing it tonight. Who is debuting and who is being replaced?

I also remembered tonight is a kids night on Broadway and Six was part of the promotion. I guess I can expectthe audience to be wild today.


"

Never thought about Six being a kid's show with spilling ink all over he parchment, my wrist was so tired

Kea4
Stand-by
joined:12/11/18
Stand-by
joined:
12/11/18
SIX - Preview Thread#202
Posted: 2/25/20 at 3:40pm

Scarlet Leigh said: "Mallory is going on tonight so I am assuming it will be for Seymour as she is the first cover. And her other first cover I think is Parr and being that she is doing the Six IG today, she's gonna be on.

People can correct me but I'm pretty sure 1st covers are Mallory (Seymour & Parr), Courtney(Bolyn and Howard), and Nicole (Aragon and Cleves)
"

I feel like this is true as well. Based on what was reported about Abby on Sunday, it makes sense she'd be on as Seymour. 

Scarlet Leigh Profile PhotoScarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
Broadway Star
joined:4/18/13
Broadway Star
joined:
4/18/13
SIX - Preview Thread#203
Posted: 2/25/20 at 5:55pm

Confirmed. Mallory will be on as Seymour tonight. Posted on her IG story.

Kea4
Stand-by
joined:12/11/18
Stand-by
joined:
12/11/18
SIX - Preview Thread#204
Posted: 2/25/20 at 6:10pm
Let’s hope we see a costume!
bwaylady3
Swing
joined:2/24/20
Swing
joined:
2/24/20
SIX - Preview Thread#205
Posted: 2/25/20 at 6:15pm

I saw SIX over the weekend and while each lady is undeniably talented and it's a fun concert, I was not blown away by the show.  I was actually glad to have only spent $79.  I saw Moulin Rouge the following night and for me, MR is a far superior production.

YvanEhtNioj Profile PhotoYvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
Broadway Star
joined:7/15/18
Broadway Star
joined:
7/15/18
SIX - Preview Thread#206
Posted: 2/25/20 at 6:18pm

The're very different, though. Six has barely any set and only 9 quick songs. MR is an all-out spectacle. 

Like MR, but i love Six - i'd rather have 75 minutes of substance than 2 hours of a m*lly trip ft pop music. 

Instagram: Astoldbyjordan_
Updated On: 2/25/20 at 06:18 PM
BalconyClub Profile PhotoBalconyClub Profile Photo
BalconyClub
Broadway Star
joined:10/10/17
Broadway Star
joined:
10/10/17
SIX - Preview Thread#207
Posted: 2/25/20 at 7:18pm
"Six snatches ...." A headline on Playbill regarding the million dollar first week.
YvanEhtNioj Profile PhotoYvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
Broadway Star
joined:7/15/18
Broadway Star
joined:
7/15/18
SIX - Preview Thread#208
Posted: 2/25/20 at 7:33pm

BalconyClub said: ""Six snatches ...." A headline on Playbill regarding the million dollar first week."

LOL

Instagram: Astoldbyjordan_
jonah3500
Featured Actor
joined:3/17/17
Featured Actor
joined:
3/17/17
SIX - Preview Thread#209
Posted: 2/25/20 at 9:37pm
Mallory was on for Seymour today, and she had the normal Jane Seymour costume, instead of the special ones like in every other production.
YvanEhtNioj Profile PhotoYvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
Broadway Star
joined:7/15/18
Broadway Star
joined:
7/15/18
SIX - Preview Thread#210
Posted: 2/25/20 at 9:39pm
Good. Some of the alternate costumes look really nice but I think that the majority look kind of cheap
Instagram: Astoldbyjordan_
Scarlet Leigh Profile PhotoScarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
Broadway Star
joined:4/18/13
Broadway Star
joined:
4/18/13
SIX - Preview Thread#211
Posted: 2/25/20 at 10:36pm

jonah3500 said: "Mallory was on for Seymour today, and she had the normal Jane Seymour costume, instead of the special ones like in every other production."

I had a feeling this was gonna happen and I'm glad this now confirms my suspicions. When Courtney started to make appearances in the show in the Boleyn costume rather than getting her own alt costume, I figured this was the route they were going... and I'm SO glad! While I like the idea of the personalized alt costumes, it bothered my minor OCD that they were gonna have the six queens on the playbill in costume and then you might not see them as that. Hooray for unified looks! I hope she posts a picture of herself in the costume on socials!

BwayinVan
Broadway Star
joined:1/24/14
Broadway Star
joined:
1/24/14
SIX - Preview Thread#212
Posted: 2/25/20 at 11:14pm
On the Six Instagram live tonight it was explained that Megasix is not allowed to be filmed as per actors equity. Apparently the creatives wanted it but the union is the one that kiboshed it.
Scarlet Leigh Profile PhotoScarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
Broadway Star
joined:4/18/13
Broadway Star
joined:
4/18/13
SIX - Preview Thread#213
Posted: 2/25/20 at 11:35pm

BwayinVan said: "On the Six Instagram live tonight it was explained that Megasix is not allowed to be filmed as per actors equity. Apparently the creatives wanted it but the union is the one that kiboshed it."

Yeah they also said that technically they were not suppose to allow megasix to be recorded in Chicago either but they did it anyway (a smart marketing move perhaps) and that the union was not happy with them over it.

greenifyme2
Broadway Star
joined:5/19/17
Broadway Star
joined:
5/19/17
SIX - Preview Thread#214
Posted: 2/25/20 at 11:46pm

Scarlet Leigh said: "BwayinVan said: "On the Six Instagram live tonight it was explained that Megasix is not allowed to be filmed as per actors equity. Apparently the creatives wanted it but the union is the one that kiboshed it."

Yeah they also said that technically they were not suppose to allow megasix to be recorded in Chicago either but they did it anyway (a smart marketing move perhaps) and that the union was not happy with them over it.
"

Ok I’ve read this enough times that I have to ask- why is everyone so excited over the possibility of filming this on their phones? Once one person records it one time is that not enough? Or Is it different every night?

wish i were here2 Profile Photowish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
Leading Actor
joined:4/19/13
Leading Actor
joined:
4/19/13
SIX - Preview Thread#215
Posted: 2/26/20 at 12:09am

greenifyme2 said: "Scarlet Leigh said: "BwayinVan said: "On the Six Instagram live tonight it was explained that Megasix is not allowed to be filmed as per actors equity. Apparently the creatives wanted it but the union is the one that kiboshed it."

Yeah they also said that technically they were not suppose to allow megasix to be recorded in Chicago either but they did it anyway (a smart marketing move perhaps) and that the union was not happy with them over it.
"

Ok I’ve read this enough times that I have to ask- why is everyone so excited over the possibility offilming this on their phones? Once one person records it one time is that not enough? OrIs it different every night?
"

For me at least, I really enjoy the seeing all the Megasix videos on youtube, especially when there's an understudy on. Since the Megasix is a mashup of all the queens' songs, you get a glimpse of their portrayal of the character and get to listen them sing the part of a particular queen's song. Like, not everyone was lucky enough to see Courtney Mack as Anne Boleyn, but if filming the Megasix was allowed, we could've had a little peak to how she is as Anne Boleyn. Like, sure we could always try to buy tickets to the show if she's on in the future, but not everyone is lucky enough to do that. 

dramamama611 Profile Photodramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
joined:12/4/07
Broadway Legend
joined:
12/4/07
SIX - Preview Thread#216
Posted: 2/26/20 at 12:49am
I've said this before too. I find the whole filming thing ridiculous. It's not like you get bootlegs of every single performance of every other show on Broadway. 90% of the time its exactly the same. Its part of the "look at me" society.
If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
VotePeron Profile PhotoVotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
Broadway Legend
joined:5/2/13
Broadway Legend
joined:
5/2/13
SIX - Preview Thread#217
Posted: 2/26/20 at 1:33am

Just like how the Tony and TV show performances (not to mention TkiTok vids, bootlegs, and official show clips) launched Beetlejuice from zero to hero, the same can be said for Six.

Those of us that see shows all the time can easily write off filming the Megasix as something stupid and selfish, but the benefit of it - free mass marketing that most shows dream of. There are Megasixes from London with almost 100,000 views on YouTube.

I hate people filming at concerts, I get that. But this is a portion of the show designed specifically to be filmed and mass marketed. It’s genius. And it WORKED. A college Fringe pop concert musical about the 6 wives of Henry IIV never would’ve gross $1 million in its second week on Broadway if it wasn’t for the exposure the show has gotten - a vast majority of that being the filmed finale.

Sure, it’s part of the “look at me society.” But that society causes shows to gross more money than anyone ever fathomed. I would bet most shows want to be part of that society. Give me a break. 

Updated On: 2/26/20 at 01:33 AM
Luminaire2 Profile PhotoLuminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
Leading Actor
joined:2/27/18
Leading Actor
joined:
2/27/18
SIX - Preview Thread#218
Posted: 2/26/20 at 1:38am
The really ridiculous thing is the level of power that the union has that the actors and creatives can’t override this. What lunacy.
dramamama611 Profile Photodramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
joined:12/4/07
Broadway Legend
joined:
12/4/07
SIX - Preview Thread#219
Posted: 2/26/20 at 5:35am

VotePeron said: "Just like how the Tony and TV show performances (not to mention TkiTok vids, bootlegs, and official show clips) launched Beetlejuice from zero to hero, the same can be said for Six.

Those of us that see shows all the time can easily write off filming the Megasix as something stupid and selfish, but the benefit of it - free mass marketing that most shows dream of. There are Megasixes from London with almost 100,000 views on YouTube.

I hate people filming at concerts, I get that. But this is a portion of the show designed specifically to be filmed and mass marketed. It’s genius. And it WORKED. A college Fringe pop concert musical about the 6 wives of Henry IIV never would’ve gross $1 million in its second week on Broadway if it wasn’t for the exposure the show has gotten - a vast majority of that being the filmed finale.

Sure, it’s part of the “look at me society.” But that society causes shows to gross more moneyAnd the need to post what HUNDREDS of others are also posting that very week....or even day.    than anyone ever fathomed. I would bet most shows want to be part of that society. Give me a break.
"

Oh, I understand the benefit...it's the wanting to DO the filming so badly that baffles me.  Why do so may want to  post exactly what hundreds of others are posting that week or even that day? Or who's watching all these near identical vids?

 

All proof that I'm just getting old. Now get off my lawn!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Piparoo Profile PhotoPiparoo Profile Photo
Piparoo
Understudy
joined:7/22/19
Understudy
joined:
7/22/19
SIX - Preview Thread#220
Posted: 2/26/20 at 7:21am

dramamama611 said: "I've said this before too. I find the whole filming thing ridiculous. It's not like you get bootlegs of every single performance of every other show on Broadway. 90% of the time its exactly the same. Its part of the "look at me" society."

 

This recording nonsense and the reports about audience shenanigans are two of the reasons I chose to get tickets in front row mezzanine.  Don’t have to worry about some stooge with a cell phone swinging their arms and screen in front of me, blocking my view.  Here’s a novel idea, go to the theatre to be a part of a shared experience, one that is best held in memory, and don’t insert yourself into the performance.  - Old fogey out.

 

Impossible2
Broadway Legend
joined:3/31/18
Broadway Legend
joined:
3/31/18
SIX - Preview Thread#221
Posted: 2/26/20 at 7:32am

Piparoo said: "dramamama611 said: "I've said this before too. I find the whole filming thing ridiculous. It's not like you get bootlegs of every single performance of every other show on Broadway. 90% of the time its exactly the same. Its part of the "look at me" society."



This recording nonsense and the reports about audience shenanigans are twoof the reasons I chose to get tickets in front row mezzanine. Don’t have to worry about some stooge with a cell phone swinging their arms and screenin front of me, blocking my view. Here’s a novel idea, go to the theatre to be a part of a shared experience, one that is best held in memory, and don’t insert yourself into the performance. - Old fogey out.


"

Tonight will be my 9th time seeing it in London and I have never once seen anything you’ve just described and I always sit in the stalls. Not many people even film the MegaSix tbh. I’ve never filmed it and nor have any of the people I’ve ever gone with. 
 

Piparoo Profile PhotoPiparoo Profile Photo
Piparoo
Understudy
joined:7/22/19
Understudy
joined:
7/22/19
SIX - Preview Thread#222
Posted: 2/26/20 at 9:18am

Impossible2 said: "Piparoo said: "dramamama611 said: "I've said this before too. I find the whole filming thing ridiculous. It's not like you get bootlegs of every single performance of every other show on Broadway. 90% of the time its exactly the same. Its part of the "look at me" society."



This recording nonsense and the reports about audience shenanigans are twoof the reasons I chose to get tickets in front row mezzanine. Don’t have to worry about some stooge with a cell phone swinging their arms and screenin front of me, blocking my view. Here’s a novel idea, go to the theatre to be a part of a shared experience, one that is best held in memory, and don’t insert yourself into the performance. - Old fogey out.


"

Tonight will be my 9th time seeing it in London and I have never once seen anything you’ve just described and I always sit in the stalls. Not many people even film the MegaSix tbh.I’ve never filmed it and nor have any of the people I’ve ever gone with.

"

Perhaps the London audiences are different than Broadway...

Impossible2
Broadway Legend
joined:3/31/18
Broadway Legend
joined:
3/31/18
SIX - Preview Thread#223
Posted: 2/26/20 at 12:28pm

Piparoo said: "Impossible2 said: "Piparoo said: "dramamama611 said: "I've said this before too. I find the whole filming thing ridiculous. It's not like you get bootlegs of every single performance of every other show on Broadway. 90% of the time its exactly the same. Its part of the "look at me" society."



This recording nonsense and the reports about audience shenanigans are twoof the reasons I chose to get tickets in front row mezzanine. Don’t have to worry about some stooge with a cell phone swinging their arms and screenin front of me, blocking my view. Here’s a novel idea, go to the theatre to be a part of a shared experience, one that is best held in memory, and don’t insert yourself into the performance. - Old fogey out.


"

Tonight will be my 9th time seeing it in London and I have never once seen anything you’ve just described and I always sit in the stalls. Not many people even film the MegaSix tbh.I’ve never filmed it and nor have any of the people I’ve ever gone with.

"

Perhaps the London audiences are different than Broadway...
"

The absolute worst crowds I've seen on Broadway were both older. Hello Dolly was the worst by far and Come From Away the 2nd worst (admittedly this was a tour group of oldies from Canada who'd come down to see the show...but still) and yet anything with a 'youth' audience is given a bad rep before the show has even opened. 

It seems to me that this is a staffing issue over an audience issue and we do have the same problems here on occasion but people should be able to enjoy themselves...to a point!

Why are there 5 or 6 security guards standing outside the front door of the theatre instead of having a couple front of house to deter unruly behaviour/phones etc? I mean really, how were 2 people allowed to stand dancing in the front row for 75 minutes without something being done about it? 

I don't think it is necessarily bad behaviour by people who are clearly just having a good time. The atmosphere and energy at Six is off the charts so some level of excitement is expected. But the problem of people going over board in a 'me me me' way is certainly something that needs to be handled by staff within the theatre as everyone deserves to have a good time not just a few.

I also think the sale of alcohol should be looked at as well. It's not a football game, it's the theatre.

uncageg Profile Photouncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
Broadway Legend
joined:5/13/04
Broadway Legend
joined:
5/13/04
SIX - Preview Thread#224
Posted: 2/26/20 at 12:38pm

Impossible2 said: "Piparoo said: "Impossible2 said: "Piparoo said: "dramamama611 said: "I've said this before too. I find the whole filming thing ridiculous. It's not like you get bootlegs of every single performance of every other show on Broadway. 90% of the time its exactly the same. Its part of the "look at me" society."



This recording nonsense and the reports about audience shenanigans are twoof the reasons I chose to get tickets in front row mezzanine. Don’t have to worry about some stooge with a cell phone swinging their arms and screenin front of me, blocking my view. Here’s a novel idea, go to the theatre to be a part of a shared experience, one that is best held in memory, and don’t insert yourself into the performance. - Old fogey out.


"

Tonight will be my 9th time seeing it in London and I have never once seen anything you’ve just described and I always sit in the stalls. Not many people even film the MegaSix tbh.I’ve never filmed it and nor have any of the people I’ve ever gone with.

"

Perhaps the London audiences are different than Broadway...
"

The absolute worst crowds I've seen on Broadway were both older. Hello Dolly was the worst by far and Come From Away the 2nd worst (admittedly this was a tour group of oldiesfrom Canada who'd come down to see the show...but still)and yet anything with a 'youth' audience is given a bad rep before the show has even opened.

It seems to me that this is a staffing issue over an audience issue and we do have the same problems here on occasion butpeople should be able to enjoy themselves...to a point!

Why are there 5 or 6 security guards standing outside the front door of the theatre instead of having a couple front of house to deter unruly behaviour/phones etc? I mean really, how were 2 people allowed to stand dancing in the front row for 75 minutes without something being done about it?

I don't think it is necessarily bad behaviour by people who are clearly just having a good time. The atmosphere and energy at Six is off the charts so some level of excitement is expected. But the problem of people going over board in a 'me me me' way is certainly something that needs to be handled by staff within the theatre as everyone deserves to have a good time not just a few.

I also think the sale of alcohol should be looked at as well. It's not a football game, it's the theatre."

Correct, it is the theatre. 

So how about people learn how to act in a theater so those ushers and security people don't have to ask them to stop standing, recording, etc? Yes, it is bad behavior with no respect for those around them.

 

Just give the world Love.
Impossible2
Broadway Legend
joined:3/31/18
Broadway Legend
joined:
3/31/18
SIX - Preview Thread#225
Posted: 2/26/20 at 12:48pm

uncageg said: "Impossible2 said: "Piparoo said: "Impossible2 said: "Piparoo said: "dramamama611 said: "I've said this before too. I find the whole filming thing ridiculous. It's not like you get bootlegs of every single performance of every other show on Broadway. 90% of the time its exactly the same. Its part of the "look at me" society."



This recording nonsense and the reports about audience shenanigans are twoof the reasons I chose to get tickets in front row mezzanine. Don’t have to worry about some stooge with a cell phone swinging their arms and screenin front of me, blocking my view. Here’s a novel idea, go to the theatre to be a part of a shared experience, one that is best held in memory, and don’t insert yourself into the performance. - Old fogey out.


"

Tonight will be my 9th time seeing it in London and I have never once seen anything you’ve just described and I always sit in the stalls. Not many people even film the MegaSix tbh.I’ve never filmed it and nor have any of the people I’ve ever gone with.

"

Perhaps the London audiences are different than Broadway...
"

The absolute worst crowds I've seen on Broadway were both older. Hello Dolly was the worst by far and Come From Away the 2nd worst (admittedly this was a tour group of oldiesfrom Canada who'd come down to see the show...but still)and yet anything with a 'youth' audience is given a bad rep before the show has even opened.

It seems to me that this is a staffing issue over an audience issue and we do have the same problems here on occasion butpeople should be able to enjoy themselves...to a point!

Why are there 5 or 6 security guards standing outside the front door of the theatre instead of having a couple front of house to deter unruly behaviour/phones etc? I mean really, how were 2 people allowed to stand dancing in the front row for 75 minutes without something being done about it?

I don't think it is necessarily bad behaviour by people who are clearly just having a good time. The atmosphere and energy at Six is off the charts so some level of excitement is expected. But the problem of people going over board in a 'me me me' way is certainly something that needs to be handled by staff within the theatre as everyone deserves to have a good time not just a few.

I also think the sale of alcohol should be looked at as well. It's not a football game, it's the theatre."

Correct, it is the theatre.

So how about people learn how to act in a theater so those ushers and security people don't have to ask them to stop standing, recording, etc? Yes, it is bad behavior with no respect for those around them.

"

It never stops older people, so why single these crowds out?

It may be the first time a lot of these younger kids have ever been to the theatre, whats their excuse?

When I was a kid we were petrified of the ushers, their mere presence filled us with fear.

A proper cleverly done announcement from the Queens like Great Comet used to do could also help perhaps?