Advertisement
Advertisement

Page: 1

Beyond Soylent Green 2050 – a frightening prophecy of the USA, the end result of political chaos

chicagodannyd
Stand-by
Stand-by

“The narrative is powerful and, although fictional, it echoes so much of contemporary American politics. The themes of climate change, the inequality of equal men, the dichotomy between the working class and politicians are realities that are evident in contemporary politics. There has been a lot of discussion on climate change and readers hear daily of decisions that undermine the welfare of common men. The controversy on the healthcare system is one that has been characteristic of the Trump leadership and it is one of the realities featured in this novel. The prose is captivating and the author's development of the political setting is impeccable. For instance: "Over time, reality bends and distorts ideals. Economic inequities, profound cultural and political differences can destroy any nation. In the wake of these struggles are the underrepresented and the vulnerable. For them, the impact can be considerably harsh." Beyond Soylent Green 2050 is a prophetic novel that warns readers of the world we could be headed toward if we fail to return to the values on which the United States was founded. And the warnings of this painful world are just so clear as we follow the political landscape today.”  -  Ruffina Oserio for Readers' Favorite     5 STARS

“I see the unpleasant world of Beyond Soylent Green 2050 being built brick by brick into the laws, attitudes, and policies of today and it frightens me to death.  Beyond Soylent Green 2050 by Michael and Danny D'Agostino is so possible that it will cause you to lose some sleep. The characters are from our future but they are Americans who could very well be alive today. That is one of the most frightening aspects of this book. The America of Beyond Soylent Green 2050 is recognizable, but just barely. Climate change, pollution, and overcrowding have taken their toll and the shocking part is that we can look around and see it happening today, but no one is proposing real solutions. The plot is fantastic but totally believable. The setting is grim but uncomfortably familiar. This is a great book. Every American should read it or, since this is America, maybe it should just be made into a good movie. Like the first one.”   - Ray Simmons for Readers' Favorite      5 STARS

keithfromQueens
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

We used to have a borderline insane country and western music-writing, white supremacist guy posting his protofascist ideas here.  Same MO.  Made an odd, inflammatory post and people would respond and he would never, EVER respond to them.

Well, at least we now who "chicagodannyd'Agostino" is, for whatever that's worth. A kindle edition self-publisher with a terrible eye for book cover design who lifts an idea from a movie based on "Make Room! Make Room!," a work of speculative fiction from 1966 by Harry Harrison.  As one does. Time to go read the sample, I suppose.

Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile
dramamama611 Profile Photodramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Ahhh....once again posting his 5 star PAID reviews.

NO books there ever get below a 4, and you pay (past your first book) to get "free" reviews.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
FindingNamo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Let's just say he doesn't weave his social commentary in with the aplomb of a George Eliot. In the prologue, it's just there, unvarnished. California secedes after "illegals" (a word used more than once in a few pages) overtake the state, after it declares itself a sanctuary state. Also, Southern Cali is under water because I guess the "illegals" were too heavy.

Can you hear me now? Twitter: @NamoInExile

Advertisement