Page: 1

Leslie Odom Jr talks HAMILTON film

BrodyFosse123 Profile PhotoBrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Leslie Odom Jr talks HAMILTON film#1
Posted: 11/9/19 at 9:39am

So, looks like there won’t be a traditional film adaptation of HAMILTON.

Per Leslie Odom Jr., looks to be that the well-known filming of the original Broadway cast live on stage at the Richard Rodgers Theatre will be released as the HAMILTON film adaptation.

HogansHero Profile PhotoHogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Leslie Odom Jr talks HAMILTON film#2
Posted: 11/9/19 at 10:37am

At the appropriate time I expect there will be both. Worth noting that LOJ is about as far from a source on things Hamilton as anyone could be. 

TaleofTwo Profile PhotoTaleofTwo Profile Photo
TaleofTwo
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Leslie Odom Jr talks HAMILTON film#3
Posted: 11/9/19 at 10:42am

It's pretty "old" news, I believe everyone reported this a couple of months ago when the film was shown to all studios.

http://www.filmedonstage.com/news/13-filmed-performance-of-broadway's-hamilton-to-be-released-in-2020

“Movies will make you famous; Television will make you rich; But theatre will make you good.” ? Terrence Mann
TotallyEffed Profile PhotoTotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Leslie Odom Jr talks HAMILTON film#4
Posted: 11/9/19 at 10:42am

I have no doubt that the filmed version of the stage show and a big Hollywood movie will both be released  eventually.

$$$

Updated On: 11/9/19 at 10:42 AM
sabrelady Profile Photosabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Leslie Odom Jr talks HAMILTON film#5
Posted: 11/9/19 at 1:29pm

TotallyEffed said: "I have no doubt thatthe filmed version of the stage show and a big Hollywood movie will both be released eventually.

$$$
"

More like $$$$$$. $$$$$$$  $$$$$$$  KA chinggggggg!!

Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin “I’m going to have to science the shit outta this.” The Martian
Browneyes142
Stand-by
Stand-by
Leslie Odom Jr talks HAMILTON film#6
Posted: 11/13/19 at 12:03pm
I think it was when Lin guested on The Good Place podcast, but I know I heard an interview recently with him. They asked if Hamilton would be turned into a movie like In the Heights. He said first they would release the video performance, but he indicated that a movie might eventually happen.
darquegk Profile Photodarquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Leslie Odom Jr talks HAMILTON film#7
Posted: 11/13/19 at 1:09pm

I would imagine the eventual movie will resemble conventional movie musicals less than it will the still-nascent trend of long-form conceptual music video albums in the hip-hop world.

Dave13 Profile PhotoDave13 Profile Photo
Dave13
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Leslie Odom Jr talks HAMILTON film#8
Posted: 11/14/19 at 6:59pm

This is certainly old news. For years, it has been discussed on this board that Hamilton was filmed with the OBC. It has never been a question as to if a filmed version of the musical on stage would be released, it has only been a question as to how and when. 

Personally, I don't see a movie version of the show doing well, unless you went with traditional acting and etc. Of course, I was also wrong about the potential success of the stage version. 

Not to be confused with Dave19.