Page: 1

Performer daughter wants a belly ring

kotto3
Swing
Swing
Performer daughter wants a belly ring#1
Posted: 11/3/19 at 8:27pm

Our 13-year-old wants to get her belly button pierced. I really wouldn't have a problem with it except for the inconvenience it might cause her while performing. I imagine the dancing, wardrobe changes, etc. would result in a lot of irritation/possible infection.

DD's idol is Sierra Boggess, and Sierra wears a belly button ring on Broadway.

I will happily field any personal stories and anecdotal comments about what it's like to be an actor with a pierced belly.

Thank you!

Jordan Catalano Profile PhotoJordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Performer daughter wants a belly ring#2
Posted: 11/4/19 at 7:09am
I never knew belly button rings weren’t removable.
UncleCharlie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Performer daughter wants a belly ring#3
Posted: 11/4/19 at 1:22pm
Instead of a ring, suggest she get a stud. It looks cuter (which is after all, the whole pount) and pressed flat against her tummy won't catch on anything. Lots of athletes have them and as far as I know, doesn't cause any problems due to physical movement.
sabrelady Profile Photosabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Performer daughter wants a belly ring#4
Posted: 11/4/19 at 6:47pm

Tape. If u want to get fancy u can use silicone tape to cover but it is 'spensive.

Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin “I’m going to have to science the shit outta this.” The Martian