Page: 1

Need help finding a scene (2f) for class!

Mell2
Swing
Swing
Need help finding a scene (2f) for class!#1
Posted: 10/24/19 at 12:14pm

Hi all! In my acting class I need to choose a 5 minute scene from a play for me and my partner (who is kind of pinning the choosing of the play on me).

I can play 16-25 and my type is very much quirky/best friend/edgy. I have a short pixie cut and usually play queer or male roles.

My partner can play 40s-60s and usually plays domineering mother, or sassy friend, usually the woman in charge.

I really want to stay away from any mother/daughter stuff, unless it's really compelling or fits both our types. I think it'd be fun for us to play best friends, but I need a scene/play where that's believable. But really, at this point, anything is good, I'm desperate! Thank you! <3

TheGingerBreadMan Profile PhotoTheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
TheGingerBreadMan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Need help finding a scene (2f) for class!#2
Posted: 10/24/19 at 3:47pm

You're gonna be hard pressed to find a scene for two women 16-25 and 40-60 that aren't mother/daughter. I would suggest looking at the Amanda/Laura scenes in Tennessee William's The Glass Menagerie. There's some great drama there.

Also - I would tell your partner that she has as much responsibility in choosing a play as you. It's a partnershipPutting it all on you is lazy and inconsiderate.

carobie
Swing
Swing
Need help finding a scene (2f) for class!#3
Posted: 10/24/19 at 7:44pm

Something from All About Eve or Agnes of God

sabrelady Profile Photosabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Need help finding a scene (2f) for class!#4
Posted: 10/25/19 at 11:07pm

August: Osage County

Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin “I’m going to have to science the shit outta this.” The Martian