Page: 1

Tina! Opening guests

Theatrefanboy1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Tina! Opening guests#1
Posted: 10/15/19 at 9:03pm
Im wondering who you think will attend the opening of Tina.

Im assuming Tina herself
But who else? Celine? Cher? Rosie? Oprah? Bette?

Who do we expect to see from the broadway or holllywood or music communities

Do we expect it to be as high profile as the Cher Show or Finding Neverland?
ArtMan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Tina! Opening guests#2
Posted: 10/15/19 at 10:22pm

Tina Turner has had serious health issues in the last couple of years, including a kidney transplant in 2017.  I would be surprised if she attended.

Theatrefanboy1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Tina! Opening guests#3
Posted: 10/15/19 at 10:28pm

Oh. I didn’t know that. I also just assumed she would want to make an appearance on the red carpet for it.

Would you think that it would then just be made up of more broadway names and less from the national and international community 

Updated On: 10/15/19 at 10:28 PM
UncleCharlie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Tina! Opening guests#4
Posted: 10/15/19 at 10:31pm
Maybe they'll dig up Ike and prop him in a chair in the first row. "I finally made it to Broadway, b*tches."
ArtMan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Tina! Opening guests#5
Posted: 10/15/19 at 10:40pm

Theatrefanboy1 said: "Oh. I didn’t know that. I also just assumed she would want to make an appearance on the red carpet for it.

Would you think that it would then just be made up of more broadway names and less from the national and international community
"

Well, don't rule out Rosie.  Celine is in the middle of her Courage tour.  I think Cher is still touring with her tired show.  Uncle Charlie that was funny.  He would then say "ah, ah, ah, ah, I never layed a hand on her".

Theatrefanboy1
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Tina! Opening guests#6
Posted: 10/15/19 at 10:56pm
See the reason why I asked about Celine and Cher. Because while both of them on in the middle of tours. They both have two weeks off at that time. Presumably from what I’ve heard Celine will be in New York for press around that that time (on the today show, tonight show and apparently one more show in New York before a cross country press stop on Ellen and another in LA). I know that Celine has always been a massive Tina fans so I asked.

Meanwhile Cher and Tina have apparently had quite a professional relationship through the years

And of course Oprah lives for Tina.
GiantsInTheSky2 Profile PhotoGiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Tina! Opening guests#7
Posted: 10/15/19 at 11:51pm

ArtMan said: "Tina Turner has had serious health issues in the last couple of years, including a kidney transplant in 2017. I would be surprised if she attended."

She’s made dozens of appearances for this musical, both in London and in Germany. She was on the Jonathan Ross Show, red carpet appearances, rehearsals/interview/curtain calls of her own musical - I wouldn’t be surprised if she appeared at opening night. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.
Dolly80
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Tina! Opening guests#8
Posted: 10/16/19 at 5:57am
*Pointless thread alert*
GiantsInTheSky2 Profile PhotoGiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Tina! Opening guests#9
Posted: 10/16/19 at 6:17am
We get it, Dolly80, you don’t like the show.
I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.
ArtMan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Tina! Opening guests#10
Posted: 10/16/19 at 8:34am

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "ArtMan said: "Tina Turner has had serious health issues in the last couple of years, including a kidney transplant in 2017. I would be surprised if she attended."

She’s made dozens of appearances for this musical, both in London and in Germany. She was on the Jonathan Ross Show, red carpet appearances, rehearsals/interview/curtain calls of her own musical - I wouldn’t be surprised if she appeared at opening night.
"

Those cities are short flights from her home in Switzerland.  However, I hope she can attend.