Page: 1

Hello Dolly Tour 2.0 cast?

Call_me_jorge Profile PhotoCall_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hello Dolly Tour 2.0 cast?#1
Posted: 7/10/19 at 10:03am
Besides Betty leaving and Carolee joining, is there any info on who else is leaving and who might be taking over?
Valentina3 Profile PhotoValentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hello Dolly Tour 2.0 cast?#2
Posted: 7/10/19 at 11:47am

More white people, if I were to make a guess

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.
goldenboy Profile Photogoldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hello Dolly Tour 2.0 cast?#3
Posted: 7/10/19 at 10:54pm

Thank Goodness someone interesting is replacing Betty Buckley. Betty was a big disappointment in the show. No humor whatsoever.

Carolie Carmello Rocks!

Having seen the wonderful Bernadette, Bette and Donna.. Betty was a big let down. 

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile PhotoGiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Hello Dolly Tour 2.0 cast?#4
Posted: 7/10/19 at 11:00pm
Was she really a letdown? I have a hard time believing anyone actually had hopes in her doing this role justice. She’s not known for comedy or light-hearted characters. This was miscasting to a T.
I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.
msmp Profile Photomsmp Profile Photo
msmp
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Hello Dolly Tour 2.0 cast?#5
Posted: 7/11/19 at 4:37am

I dunno if this matters, but theatres that are on the Year 2 schedule have been using promo pictures that include Lewis Stadlen prominently (the current Vandergelder); is it unheard of for someone to continue on into the second year of a tour?

Mike Barrett  Profile PhotoMike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hello Dolly Tour 2.0 cast?#6
Posted: 7/11/19 at 7:06am
Some people tour for years. While this tour isn’t going to run as long as shows like say Wicked, Mormon, or Hamilton, they often have people renew their contracts and they stay on tour. Is it common for 2 year tours? Not sure, but it certainly isn’t unheard of.
DottieD'Luscia Profile PhotoDottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hello Dolly Tour 2.0 cast?#7
Posted: 7/11/19 at 8:52am

I certainly hope they add a bit more diversity to the cast. Not that this will ever happen, but it would be nice if they add back the 4 ensemble member tracks that were cut from Broadway.  To me having 4 less people was very noticeable. 

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
Updated On: 7/11/19 at 08:52 AM
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hello Dolly Tour 2.0 cast?#8
Posted: 7/12/19 at 10:29am
I saw a performance of the show in New York during flu season and ONE couple was missing. "Sunday Clothes" looked sparse.
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
bryan2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Hello Dolly Tour 2.0 cast?#9
Posted: 7/12/19 at 1:52pm
Funny how every review for Betty has been great. This place is full of people who need get a life haters
DAME
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hello Dolly Tour 2.0 cast?#10
Posted: 7/12/19 at 2:14pm

bryan2 said: "Funny how every review for Betty has been great. This place is full of people who need get a life haters"

Most of those reviews read like press releases.  Sometimes I even wonder if they have seen the show.  

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
Broadway Bob* Profile PhotoBroadway Bob* Profile Photo
Broadway Bob*
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Hello Dolly Tour 2.0 cast?#11
Posted: 7/13/19 at 5:05am

bryan2 said: "Funny how every review for Betty has been great. This place is full of people who need get a life haters"

I am a HUGE Buckley fan and have loved her in everything else I've seen her in yet even I didn't love her as Dolly Levi. She had very little personality, very low energy, and the show had almost no humor with her. She, of course, sang the score beautifully but that was about all there was to her performance. It makes me quite sad to say this and it certainly doesn't make me a "hater" as I still am a long time fan.

<-- Tevye, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF, March 2018
bryan2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Hello Dolly Tour 2.0 cast?#12
Posted: 7/13/19 at 6:27pm
This was directed at all those who basically wanted to be proven right that She would suck.none of the reviews have been negative so I am assuming that she is pretty good. There seem to be a lot of Betty Haters here on these boards. If you are not one and that’s your opinion .. great this isn’t directed at you. I think her interpretation would be quite different from Bette as she is a different kind of performer. I like different takes on roles.she was a much different and in my opinion better Norma and she was totally different than Glennor Patti
bryan2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Hello Dolly Tour 2.0 cast?#13
This was directed at all those who basically wanted to be proven right that She would suck.none of the reviews have been negative so I am assuming that she is pretty good. There seem to be a lot of Betty Haters here on these boards. If you are not one and that’s your opinion .. great this isn’t directed at you. I think her interpretation would be quite different from Bette as she is a different kind of performer. I like different takes on roles.she was a much different and in my opinion better Norma and she was totally different than Glennor Patti
bryan2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Hello Dolly Tour 2.0 cast?#14
bryan2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Hello Dolly Tour 2.0 cast?#15
LizzieCurry Profile PhotoLizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hello Dolly Tour 2.0 cast?#16
Posted: 7/14/19 at 2:59pm
Remember when this thread was about who would be joining the cast rather than who was leaving?
"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
kade.ivy Profile Photokade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Hello Dolly Tour 2.0 cast?#17
Posted: 7/14/19 at 3:11pm
Analisa Leaming (Irene on the tour) said in an Instagram live a few weeks ago that she had signed on for year two.
SweetLips22 Profile PhotoSweetLips22 Profile Photo
SweetLips22
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Hello Dolly Tour 2.0 cast?#18
Posted: 7/15/19 at 5:45pm

Where do cast members stay for short seasons in different cities? Hotels/B&B/short stay apartments? Do they have to search the papers for each city or are there known places that shows always use? Do the principals get hotels included in their contract and do chorus get away from home allowance to cover cost of accommodation?

Just curious as touring must be 'fun' visiting different places and certainly being young would help but just how tiring is it? Do you bus/train/fly between cities--that would change due to distance I realise..

Made me think when I read re question of 2 years touring same show.