Page: 1

Catholic High School Show

cwoodside
Swing
Swing
Catholic High School Show#1
Posted: 6/24/19 at 6:46pm

Hello Everyone,

I recently inherited the drama program at the Catholic High School I work at. We are facing quite a shortage of kids, only about 7-10 right now, so we are considering merging with the middle school just to get some bodies on stage, just for context when thinking about suggestions.

Today, I suggested Legally Blonde, but the school shut it down because of it being a Catholic school and the Gay or European song, which I understand. I am struggling to find a show that is going to be entertaining for the kids to increase the participation among student body that will also be acceptable content wise for the school.

I was looking at the Superman musical that is on Tams Witmark. I know its not that well known (and the score gets some mixed reviews) but I figured the name superman would at least get people interested. Is this appropriate for a Catholic high school, and by extension, middle schoolers to join in? Anything in the content that would even potentially be problematic?

Apart from Superman, I am also open to suggestions. Let me know!

Theater_girl029192
Swing
Swing
Catholic High School Show#2
Posted: 7/22/19 at 10:40am

cwoodside said: "Hello Everyone, 

I recently inherited the drama program at the Catholic High School I work at. We are facing quite a shortage of kids, only about 7-10 right now, so we are considering merging with the middle school just to get some bodies on stage, just for context when thinking about suggestions.

Today, I suggested Legally Blonde, but the school shut it down because of it being a Catholic school and the Gay or European song, which I understand. I am struggling to find a show that is going to be entertaining for the kids to increase the participation among student body that will also be acceptable content wise for the school. 

I was looking at the Superman musical that is on Tams Witmark. I know its not that well known (and the score gets some mixed reviews) but I figured the name superman would at least get people interested. Is this appropriate for a Catholic high school, and by extension, middle schoolers to join in? Anything in the content that would even potentially be problematic?

Apart from Superman, I am also open to suggestions. Let me know!
"

My christian school did Anne of Green Gables. It doesnt require that many people. It’s not the most interesting show, but its a suggestionangel

Updated On: 7/22/19 at 10:40 AM

Page: 1