Page: 1

Best musical/play tony trophy

Broadwaybri2
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Best musical/play tony trophy#1
Posted: 6/10/19 at 12:32pm

Who gets one? I read an article saying producers can cough up $2500 to buy one, but do all the actors have to do the same? Do they get them? 

Updated On: 6/10/19 at 12:32 PM
givesmevoice Profile Photogivesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Best musical/play tony trophy#2
Posted: 6/10/19 at 12:36pm

Well Laura Donnelly had to give birth to two children to get one. I imagine it's the same for everyone else.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad
Broadwaybri2
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Best musical/play tony trophy#3
Posted: 6/10/19 at 12:38pm

givesmevoice said: "Well Laura Donnelly had to give birth to two children to get one. I imagine it's the same for everyone else."

HAHA. Exactly my Q- do those incredible children (particularly matilda lawler- she is the next big thing 100%) get mailed tony trophies?

Updated On: 6/10/19 at 12:38 PM
gypsy101 Profile Photogypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Best musical/play tony trophy#4
Posted: 6/10/19 at 12:40pm

givesmevoice said: "Well Laura Donnelly had to give birth to two children to get one. I imagine it's the same for everyone else."

am i the only one who feels kind of bad for her that she had 2 children over 2 years while in this play?

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."
Hamilfan2
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Best musical/play tony trophy#5
Posted: 6/10/19 at 12:47pm

Broadwaybri2 said: "Who gets one? I read an article saying producers can cough up $2500 to buy one, but do all the actors have to do the same? Do they get them?"

The Best Play and Best Musical trophies only go to the producing team, except Best Play which also goes to the Playwright (since they do not have a Best Book of a Play category).  Best Revival of a Play and Best Revival of Musical also go to the producing team, although in some cases Best Revival of a Play can go to the Playwright assuming they are still living and have never been eligible for a Tony for that given play before (example: Harvey Fierstein and Torch Song).  I believe the lead producers get the trophies for free and then every other producer has to pay for one.  The cast and crew do not get trophies, nor the option to buy them.

Broadwaybri2
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Best musical/play tony trophy#6
Posted: 6/10/19 at 1:23pm

TY!