Page: 1

Urinetown Audition

tierneygm
Swing
Swing
Urinetown Audition#1
Posted: 5/28/19 at 9:23pm

I am auditioning for the show Urinetown at a children’s theater. I am a female with a soprano-ish belter range. I am mostly going for the role of Little Sally, but possibly Penelope Pennywise. I am thinking about doing the song “I Know Things Now” from Into The Woods for my audition. Does anyone have any other song or monologue recommendations? Thanks!

smallestsongbird
Swing
Swing
Urinetown Audition#2
Posted: 7/27/19 at 7:28pm

***These are all song suggestions as none of my auditions have required a monologue, just a song & then readings from the script***

My fave for a high belt is Live Out Loud from A Little Princess! Times are Hard For Dreamers (Amelie) or No One Else (Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812) are also great high belts! (No One Else is quite high though). A few of my friends auditioned for my most recent show with Dead Girl Walking (Heathers) and it worked really well (not the super high part), so if you can pull it off that's a great choice.. I Can Cook Too (On the Town) is another great song. 

If you're comfortable with I Know Things Now I would do that, though! If it's your first instinct I always find that that works better than other responses.

I just realized this is two months late so you probably don't need this anymore, but I'll post anyway! Might help someone else.

Page: 1