Mary Lousie Parker to lead THE SOUND INSIDE this fall

Mike Barrett  Profile PhotoMike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
Broadway Legend
joined:4/13/13
Broadway Legend
joined:
4/13/13

Playing Broadway with previews beginning this September at Studio 54. David Cromer is directing. This sounds interesting to me, waiting to hear a bit more on it!

Kad Profile PhotoKad Profile Photo
Kad
Broadway Legend
joined:11/5/05
Broadway Legend
joined:
11/5/05

Interesting that Roundabout is renting Studio 54 to Lincoln Center for this. So much for fall programming there. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Mike Barrett  Profile PhotoMike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
Broadway Legend
joined:4/13/13
Broadway Legend
joined:
4/13/13

Kad said: "Interesting that Roundabout is renting Studio 54 to Lincoln Center for this. So much for fall programming there."

I assume HIPTIX won't be offered for this show then? 

LesWickedly Profile PhotoLesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
Broadway Legend
joined:2/18/13
Broadway Legend
joined:
2/18/13

Mike Barrett said: "Kad said: "Interesting that Roundabout is renting Studio 54 to Lincoln Center for this. So much for fall programming there."

I assume HIPTIX won't be offered for this show then?
"

Correct, but tickets shouldn’t the hard to come by. 

Kad Profile PhotoKad Profile Photo
Kad
Broadway Legend
joined:11/5/05
Broadway Legend
joined:
11/5/05

That's correct, but it'd be eligible for LincTix. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
n2nbaby Profile Photon2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
Broadway Legend
joined:10/22/10
Broadway Legend
joined:
10/22/10
But since it is a Lincoln Center production, LincTix will be available.
Mike Barrett  Profile PhotoMike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
Broadway Legend
joined:4/13/13
Broadway Legend
joined:
4/13/13

Oh duh lol should've made that connection! 

PianoMann Profile PhotoPianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
Broadway Legend
joined:5/12/11
Broadway Legend
joined:
5/12/11

Thrilled by this news! I had hoped for a transfer of this play after the rave reviews Parker got for the Williamstown run, but thought the possibility had faded. Very much looking forward to seeing Parker on stage again.

little_sally Profile Photolittle_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
Broadway Legend
joined:1/15/04
Broadway Legend
joined:
1/15/04

I saw this in Williamstown and quite liked it. Glad it's finally coming to NYC.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.
LarryD2
Broadway Legend
joined:9/1/14
Broadway Legend
joined:
9/1/14

Funny to see two Williamstown-originating productions (this and The Rose Tattoo) transferring to Broadway within days of each other.

This is MLP's best stage performance since Proof. She will be a major awards contender next season.

JVJ93
Stand-by
joined:3/27/16
Stand-by
joined:
3/27/16

LarryD2 said: "Funny to see two Williamstown-originating productions (this and The Rose Tattoo) transferring to Broadway within days of each other.

Now all they need to do is bring Lempicka to NY and I’ll be happy with that trifecta 


 

RippedMan Profile PhotoRippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
Broadway Legend
joined:8/14/05
Broadway Legend
joined:
8/14/05
With Chakvin being such a hot ticket, I’m surprised Lempicka isn’t getting picked up by one of the non-profits.

And interesting that they chose this theater to use and rent out instead of another space. I’m guessing they have something booked for the Beaumont for the fall. And maybe Network is extending?
Danielle49
Broadway Star
joined:10/28/17
Broadway Star
joined:
10/28/17
LincTix are now available for the show. Looks like they’re the dreaded Studio 54 rear mezz seats though. I think I’ll weigh other options as it gets closer.
kade.ivy Profile Photokade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
Broadway Star
joined:7/28/13
Broadway Star
joined:
7/28/13
I was surprised to see that there weren’t any rear orchestra options for LincTix. I’m an overweight person and have actually had to be reseated before, so I know the infamous rear mezz at Studio 54 will be a problem. The LCT house manager at the Beaumont once told me I should purchase a transfer arm seat in future, so I did that for Studio 54 here. I imagine better seats will be available via rush/lottery, as I don’t see this being a *super* hot ticket.
n2nbaby Profile Photon2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
Broadway Legend
joined:10/22/10
Broadway Legend
joined:
10/22/10
I am sure this will be available on TDF often. I’m excited to see it, but not enough to pay $35 to sit in the rear mezz there. So cramped and you feel a million miles away.
kade.ivy Profile Photokade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
Broadway Star
joined:7/28/13
Broadway Star
joined:
7/28/13
I realized I might have been taking an accessible seat away from someone who really needs the space more than I, since I can survive in a standard aisle seat, uncomfortable as it may be for me and my neighbor. So I had Telecharge cancel the one I bought and then went back and purchased a standard aisle LincTix (in the last row, no less). Heck, I may even lose a few pounds before November. Super disappointed these are the LincTix, especially when they’re often first row side orchestra at the Beaumont!
TotallyEffed Profile PhotoTotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
Broadway Legend
joined:3/29/07
Broadway Legend
joined:
3/29/07
You couldn’t pay me to sit up there.
kade.ivy Profile Photokade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
Broadway Star
joined:7/28/13
Broadway Star
joined:
7/28/13

TotallyEffed said: "You couldn’t pay me to sit up there."

 

Yikes. That bad, huh? I may kick myself (or knee myself as I curl up...heh), but I travel from out of town so I like to have most of my tix purchased in advance so I know I’m seeing what I want to. And the buzz, storyline, and people involved in this have me intrigued! I’ll probably be happy the show is only 90 minutes! 

 

Ledaero
Understudy
joined:11/20/14
Understudy
joined:
11/20/14

RippedMan said: "With Chakvin being such a hot ticket, I’m surprised Lempicka isn’t getting picked up by one of the non-profits.

And interesting that they chose this theater to use and rent out instead of another space. I’m guessing they have something booked for the Beaumont for the fall. And maybe Network is extending?
"

The non-profits are looking into picking it up. It was very close to entering MTC's season, but they couldn't budget it last I heard. And I believe Chavkin wants more time to develop it before throwing it up on Broadway. Hopefully someone else grabs it, but people are looking at it closely.

TotallyEffed Profile PhotoTotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
Broadway Legend
joined:3/29/07
Broadway Legend
joined:
3/29/07

kade.ivy said: "TotallyEffed said: "You couldn’t pay me to sit up there."



Yikes. That bad, huh? I may kick myself (or knee myself as I curl up...heh), but I travel from out of town so I like to have most of my tix purchased in advance so I know I’m seeing what I want to. And the buzz, storyline, and people involved in this have me intrigued! I’ll probably be happy the show is only 90 minutes!
"

I understand wanting your tickets in advance and the price is right. Are you tall? Sorry to rain on your parade, I’m sure you will have a wonderful time!

kade.ivy Profile Photokade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
Broadway Star
joined:7/28/13
Broadway Star
joined:
7/28/13

TotallyEffed said: "kade.ivy said: "TotallyEffed said: "You couldn’t pay me to sit up there."



Yikes. That bad, huh? I may kick myself (or knee myself as I curl up...heh), but I travel from out of town so I like to have most of my tix purchased in advance so I know I’m seeing what I want to. And the buzz, storyline, and people involved in this have me intrigued! I’ll probably be happy the show is only 90 minutes!
"

I understand wanting your tickets in advance and the price is right.Are you tall? Sorry to rain on your parade, I’m sure you will have a wonderful time!
"

Not at all; I appreciate the warning! Not very tall; just large round the middle, a problem I’d probably have anywhere. Cheers!

singer234
Stand-by
joined:8/31/08
Stand-by
joined:
8/31/08
And Grand Horizons next year from Williamstown too! Good year for them!
VernonGersch Profile PhotoVernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
Broadway Star
joined:8/9/10
Broadway Star
joined:
8/9/10

I def want to see this.  

rg7759
Featured Actor
joined:5/6/16
Featured Actor
joined:
5/6/16
Now that I'm thinking about it I'm curious if comparisons will be made with Norma Jean Baker, at least format wise
ColorTheHours048 Profile PhotoColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
Broadway Legend
joined:4/4/08
Broadway Legend
joined:
4/4/08

rg7759 said: "Now that I'm thinking about it I'm curious if comparisons will be made with Norma Jean Baker, at least format wise"

Doubtful. Adam Rapp is a pretty straightforward playwright. NJB was by a poet and directed to be an experimental mood piece.