2019-2020 Broadway Season

YvanEhtNioj Profile PhotoYvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
Broadway Star
joined:7/15/18
Broadway Star
joined:
7/15/18
2019-2020 Broadway Season#26
Posted: 5/13/19 at 8:27am
I'll be pretty bummed out if Company didn't transfer as planned
Instagram: Astoldbyjordan_
Mike Barrett  Profile PhotoMike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
Broadway Legend
joined:4/13/13
Broadway Legend
joined:
4/13/13
2019-2020 Broadway Season#27
Posted: 5/13/19 at 8:32am

YvanEhtNioj said: "I'll be pretty bummed out if Company didn't transfer as planned"

Didn't Patti say herself spring 2020? Maybe she was just quoting the Glengarry revival but I believe she mentioned this. 

Also another one here hoping for The Secret Life of Bees, show seems really special. On paper seems like an easy contender for best musical. 

YvanEhtNioj Profile PhotoYvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
Broadway Star
joined:7/15/18
Broadway Star
joined:
7/15/18
2019-2020 Broadway Season#28
Posted: 5/13/19 at 9:04am

Mike Barrett said: "YvanEhtNioj said: "I'll be pretty bummed out if Company didn't transfer as planned"

Didn't Patti say herself spring 2020? Maybe she was just quoting the Glengarry revival but I believe she mentioned this.

Also another one here hoping for The Secret Life of Bees, show seems really special. On paper seems like an easy contender for best musical.
"

Oh she did? That's perfect then.

I was reading all of the Secret Life of Bees reviews and it seems interesting. I loved the movie and the book. I saw a picture of the set on IG - If if transferred I wonder how they'd modify that  

Instagram: Astoldbyjordan_
Updated On: 5/13/19 at 09:04 AM
Mike Barrett  Profile PhotoMike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
Broadway Legend
joined:4/13/13
Broadway Legend
joined:
4/13/13
2019-2020 Broadway Season#29
Posted: 5/13/19 at 9:21am

YvanEhtNioj said: "Mike Barrett said: "YvanEhtNioj said: "I'll be pretty bummed out if Company didn't transfer as planned"

Didn't Patti say herself spring 2020? Maybe she was just quoting the Glengarry revival but I believe she mentioned this.

Also another one here hoping for The Secret Life of Bees, show seems really special. On paper seems like an easy contender for best musical.
"

Oh she did? That's perfect then.

I was testing all of the Secret Life of Bees reviews and it seems interesting. I loved the movie and the book. I saw a picture of the set on IG - If if transferred I wonder how they'd modify that
"

Just looked up her quote, my b. She said she was rehearing for Glengarry in August, but wasn't sure if it'll happen or not. I thought thats what she said about Company so who knows. Theres been next to nothing on Glengarry though so Idk I can still see a transfer. With her and Jessie Mueller plsss

TheBroadwayBubble Profile PhotoTheBroadwayBubble Profile Photo
TheBroadwayBubble
Understudy
joined:10/5/17
Understudy
joined:
10/5/17
2019-2020 Broadway Season#30
Posted: 5/13/19 at 9:41am

Praying to the Broadway gods that this season will mark the return of Jessie Mueller.

RippedMan Profile PhotoRippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
Broadway Legend
joined:8/14/05
Broadway Legend
joined:
8/14/05
2019-2020 Broadway Season#31
Posted: 5/13/19 at 11:29am

I have faith that Gold could modify/change the design/concept to fit a Broadway house. He did great with work Fun Home. I'm just not sure any of the current houses would work for it. It'd need a Schoenfeld type house. 

givesmevoice Profile Photogivesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
Broadway Legend
joined:12/2/07
Broadway Legend
joined:
12/2/07
2019-2020 Broadway Season#32
Posted: 5/13/19 at 12:13pm

RE: Company transfer. As has been mentioned here a few times, Patti said she would only transfer if certain members of the cast also transfer, which I assume means at least Rosalie Craig (and probably Jonathan Bailey at this point, too). As Marianne Elliot built this production specifically around Rosalie Craig, I would be surprised if this transferred without her. 

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad
Mike Barrett  Profile PhotoMike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
Broadway Legend
joined:4/13/13
Broadway Legend
joined:
4/13/13
2019-2020 Broadway Season#33
Posted: 5/13/19 at 12:18pm

givesmevoice said: "RE: Company transfer. As has been mentioned here a few times, Patti said she would only transfer if certain members of the cast also transfer, which I assume means at least Rosalie Craig (and probably Jonathan Bailey at this point, too). As Marianne Elliot built this production specifically around Rosalie Craig, I would be surprised if this transferred without her."

Ah, good info to have, thanks! 

 

As for Bees, could the Jacobs work? I see Flamingo Kid playing The Nederlander whenever Pretty Woman wraps things up, and this would be open for the fall/winter. Id presume The Ferryman will extend to Labor Day after a best play win. 

lt03302
Swing
joined:5/9/19
Swing
joined:
5/9/19
2019-2020 Broadway Season#34
Posted: 5/13/19 at 4:58pm

I'm still hopeful that we'll be getting Lempicka sometime in the 2019-2020 season

Robbie2 Profile PhotoRobbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
Broadway Legend
joined:3/2/10
Broadway Legend
joined:
3/2/10
2019-2020 Broadway Season#35
Posted: 5/13/19 at 5:15pm

2019-2020 Broadway SeasonYvanEhtNioj said: "Mike Barrett said: "YvanEhtNioj said: "I'll be pretty bummed out if Company didn't transfer as planned"

Didn't Patti say herself spring 2020? Maybe she was just quoting the Glengarry revival but I believe she mentioned this.

Also another one here hoping for The Secret Life of Bees, show seems really special. On paper seems like an easy contender for best musical.
"

Oh she did? That's perfect then.

I was testing all of the Secret Life of Bees reviews and it seems interesting. I loved the movie and the book. I saw a picture of the set on IG - If if transferred I wonder how they'd modify that
"

 

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Mike Barrett  Profile PhotoMike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
Broadway Legend
joined:4/13/13
Broadway Legend
joined:
4/13/13
2019-2020 Broadway Season#36
Posted: 5/13/19 at 6:20pm
Maybe it’s just me but I could see that in the Jacobs still. Small yes but Once worked there pretty well it seemed. Looks nice.
YvanEhtNioj Profile PhotoYvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
Broadway Star
joined:7/15/18
Broadway Star
joined:
7/15/18
2019-2020 Broadway Season#37
Posted: 5/16/19 at 12:11am
A couple nights ago I was talking to someone who works for the Schubert Organization, and he said West Side Story is more than likely going into the Barrymore. **shrugs**
Instagram: Astoldbyjordan_
BWAY Baby2
Broadway Star
joined:11/10/14
Broadway Star
joined:
11/10/14
2019-2020 Broadway Season#38
Posted: 5/16/19 at 8:49am

Two shows I really try much want to see are The Inheritance and Lehman Trilogy. If those go on the boards- will get tickets the day they go on sale. Gonna take a pass on Music Man- and wish Jackman was going to do something else for his musical return to BWAY- really love him in Oz- but Music Man does nothing for me. Saw Company and loved it in London- hope it makes it to BWAY- missed SIX- would also like to see that. Would love new dramas by a current playwright. 

Mike Barrett  Profile PhotoMike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
Broadway Legend
joined:4/13/13
Broadway Legend
joined:
4/13/13
2019-2020 Broadway Season#39
Posted: 5/16/19 at 8:53am

I believe Lehman Trilogy is expected to play Lincoln Center this fall. The Inheritance I am also hoping transfers and I expect it to after winning The Olivier. I fully expect both to play next season. Im hoping The Inheritance plays The Belasco. Music Man is in the 2020-2021 season as well. 

chrishuyen
Featured Actor
joined:11/12/14
Featured Actor
joined:
11/12/14
2019-2020 Broadway Season#40
Posted: 5/20/19 at 9:32am

Updated to include American Utopia (which I guess is more of an in residency show?)
 

Updated On: 5/20/19 at 09:32 AM
Mike Barrett  Profile PhotoMike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
Broadway Legend
joined:4/13/13
Broadway Legend
joined:
4/13/13
2019-2020 Broadway Season#41
Posted: 5/20/19 at 9:34am

YvanEhtNioj said: "A couple nights ago I was talking to someone who works for the Schubert Organization, and he said West Side Story is more than likely going into the Barrymore. **shrugs**"

Mustve missed this the other day. Barrymore is a bit too small for WSS isn't it? Id imagine it at the Winter Garden or the Broadway. 

YvanEhtNioj Profile PhotoYvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
Broadway Star
joined:7/15/18
Broadway Star
joined:
7/15/18
2019-2020 Broadway Season#42
Posted: 5/20/19 at 10:03am

Mike Barrett said: "YvanEhtNioj said: "A couple nights ago I was talking to someone who works for the Schubert Organization, and he said West Side Story is more than likely going into the Barrymore. **shrugs**"

Mustve missed this the other day. Barrymore is a bit too small for WSS isn't it? Id imagine it at the Winter Garden or the Broadway.
"

He said right now nothing is confirmed , but that's the main choice at the moment. Who knows though.. King Kong may close by December, but I'm not sure about Beetlejuice 

Instagram: Astoldbyjordan_
Mike Barrett  Profile PhotoMike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
Broadway Legend
joined:4/13/13
Broadway Legend
joined:
4/13/13
2019-2020 Broadway Season#43
Posted: 5/20/19 at 10:16am

Interesting if thats the case. Kong I feel could close anytime. I think the test with Beetlejuice is can it sustain/grow this summer. If it does, it will last into 2020. If not, I can see that show being out this fall. I just can't imagine its cheap to produce in anyway

chrishuyen
Featured Actor
joined:11/12/14
Featured Actor
joined:
11/12/14
2019-2020 Broadway Season#44
Posted: 5/20/19 at 7:01pm

Updated with The Rose Tattoo

chrishuyen
Featured Actor
joined:11/12/14
Featured Actor
joined:
11/12/14
2019-2020 Broadway Season#45
Posted: 5/25/19 at 2:08am

Updated with The Sound Inside

Robbie2 Profile PhotoRobbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
Broadway Legend
joined:3/2/10
Broadway Legend
joined:
3/2/10
2019-2020 Broadway Season#46
Posted: 5/27/19 at 7:25pm

YvanEhtNioj said: "Mike Barrett said: "YvanEhtNioj said: "A couple nights ago I was talking to someone who works for the Schubert Organization, and he said West Side Story is more than likely going into the Barrymore. **shrugs**"

Mustve missed this the other day. Barrymore is a bit too small for WSS isn't it? Id imagine it at the Winter Garden or the Broadway.
"

He said right now nothing is confirmed , but that's the main choice at the moment. Who knows though.. King Kong may close by December, but I'm not sure about Beetlejuice
"

 

 

The Ethel Barrymore Theatre on Broadway remains empty while the Shubert Organization plays vying shows off against each other

It was rumored that Jagged Little Pill would be heading into the Barrymore theatre, but they just announced that they upgraded to The Broadhurst Theatre, with its 1186 seats, which was probably a wise idea, as an extra 100 seats can make or break a show when it comes to the investors. This leaves a slew of other shows vying to be the tenant at the Barrymore, which currently include: Becoming Nancy, Company, Dreamgirls, Empire Records, Glen Garry Glen Ross,, Some Like It Hot, Tea At Five, Titanic and West Side Story.

Becoming Nancy, Tea at Five and Some Like It Hot are not anywhere close to opening and would play better in smaller houses. The big shows of Dreamgirls and Titanic will need a bigger stage to be able to bring their kind of magic. So this leaves the gender-bending Sondheim revival of Company, the 1980's coming of age story Empire Records, the classic play Glen Garry Glen Ross and the redo of the redo of West Side Story.

And the winner is? We are placing bets on West Side Story will be the show heading into The Barrymore theatre in 2019

https://www.nytix.com/news/ethel-barrymore-theatre-remain-empty

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
troynow
Stand-by
joined:5/2/13
Stand-by
joined:
5/2/13
2019-2020 Broadway Season#47
Posted: 6/1/19 at 11:21am
I heard Lempicka was going to MTC. I wish it still had
Carmen Cusack though.
troynow
Stand-by
joined:5/2/13
Stand-by
joined:
5/2/13
2019-2020 Broadway Season#48
Posted: 6/1/19 at 11:25am
Diana goes to the Winter Garden for the spring
my guess.

And BLUE goes into the Cort.

American Utopia is a place filler, so far for The Hudson.
JBroadway Profile PhotoJBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
Broadway Legend
joined:4/6/12
Broadway Legend
joined:
4/6/12
2019-2020 Broadway Season#49
Posted: 6/1/19 at 11:35am

Mike Barrett said: "Barrymore is a bit too small for WSS isn't it? "

 

Not saying you're wrong, but it's worth noting that Ivo Van Hove's involvement means all bets are off. Based on his past work, we can make some educated guesses about how he'll approach the show aesthetically, but we don't know how much space he'll need for his re-imagination of the show. For all we know this will be a 12-person cast with interpretive movement rather than traditional dance. 

Theatrefanboy1
Broadway Star
joined:8/2/15
Broadway Star
joined:
8/2/15
2019-2020 Broadway Season#50
Posted: 6/1/19 at 12:26pm
If that is true about Diana at the winter garden. The design team will have to do a lot of work to expand and fill that stage. It’s a beautiful visual show. I just don’t know how well it would do for such a long stage.



Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement