Page: 1

Manhattan Matinee, Brooklyn Evening Show -- Commute Questions

Joe Dee
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Hi everyone -- I read these message boards quite a bit but only post in preparation for my twice a year trips to NYC.

In June, a group of friends and myself are coming to the city for 6 shows in 5 days. We have tickets for the 3 PM matinee of TKAM and tickets for Fairview off-broadway in Brooklyn (at the Polansky Shakespeare Center). 

Catching the A train from 42nd Street (around 5:50-6) and taking it into Brooklyn to Hoyt Schermerhorn Station, we should easily make a 7:30 showing, right?  

Thanks for any feedback!

bwaylvsong
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You should be fine- I’m a Brooklyn native and refer to that neighborhood as “Manhattklyn” since it’s so close to the city. That said, make sure to check mta.info that day to make sure the A is even running (or figure out an alternative route) since the trains are always screwed up on weekends.
Susanswerphone Profile PhotoSusanswerphone Profile Photo
Susanswerphone
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
You'll be fine. Last year I did it in the opposite direction, leaving Long Day's Journey at BAM and made it with time to wolf down a slice before Three Tall Women.
spicemonkey
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Joe Dee said: "Hi everyone -- I read these message boards quite a bit but only post in preparation for my twice a year trips to NYC.

In June, a group of friends and myself are coming to the city for 6 shows in 5 days. We have tickets for the 3 PM matinee of TKAM and tickets for Fairview off-broadway in Brooklyn (at the Polansky Shakespeare Center).

Catching the A train from 42nd Street (around 5:50-6) and taking it into Brooklyn to Hoyt Schermerhorn Station, we should easily make a 7:30 showing, right?

Thanks for any feedback!

"

Thanks for bringing up this question. I have a similar schedule (well, opposite direction).  Fairview in the afternoon, and The secret life of bees in the evening. 

I think if MTA  (LOL) service is ok, commuting should be fine. 

scripps Profile Photoscripps Profile Photo
scripps
Featured Actor
Featured Actor

I know the area well, but you would be better off taking the Q or N trains at 42nd street to Atlantic-Barclays as the Polansky Shakespeare Center is only a two block or so walk away from that stop. If you take the A to Hoyt-Schermerhorn you'll have quite the walk ahead of you if you are pressed for time in any way.