Page: 1

Oscar Winning Screenwriter Adapting JEKYLL AND HYDE Musical for Screen

perfectliar
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
lambchop2
Stand-by
Stand-by

Huh. I mean I always expected a "we're totally making a film version of this!" to pop up since it seems to happen for every musical, but not with that particular creative team involved. Interesting.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This’ll go into production right after they wrap on the film adaptation of ALL SHOOK UP.
WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
Leading Actor
Leading Actor

I'll hold my breath just like the Wicked movie

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

BrodyFosse123 said: "This’ll go into production right after they wrap on the film adaptation of ALL SHOOK UP."

And only then after they wrap on "Glory Days".

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I've just wrapped on the filming of "Moose Murders"!

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone
MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Wouldn't it be hilarious if this turned out to be a massive film hit... 

I've never seen the show and couldn't sit through the production that was released on DVD, but stranger things have happened.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

With the 2012-13 tour/Broadway revival, I believe the team behind 'Black Swan' had the rights, with an aim to have the film premiere in 2015. Then the 2013 Broadway revival cut its already short limited engagement in half, and they scraped the entirety of the plans.

I imagine producers get excited over Jekyll for easy story recognition, the pop-score, and 3 attractive lead characters to cast. It's also still gets major productions around the world, and if I'm not mistaken, it's still one of the longest running musicals in South Korea.

Roscoe
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Well of course.  The screenwriter of the utterly vapid BIRDMAN decides to bring the utterly vapid JEKYLL AND HYDE to the screen.  

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/
IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Birdman is the only good thing he’s written. ON YOUR FEET & THE BODYGUARD are very poorly constructed.
"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards
Kad Profile Photo
Kad
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

He's one of four credited screenwriters on Birdman, so let's not go crazy with giving him credit for it. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
SomeOtherMe Profile Photo
SomeOtherMe
Featured Actor
Featured Actor

That article claims that there will be a J&H concert tomorrow with Laura Osnes, Deobrah Cox, Matthew James Thomas and Bonnie Mulligan in NYC. Anyone know anything about this?

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
Leading Actor
Leading Actor

I cant picture Matthew Thomas and Deborah Cox singing Dangerous Game. Weird