Page: 1

Gay student loses scholarship at Baylor University

broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
this school is about 45 minutes from me and I have friends that go there.......
Gay student loses scholarship at Baylor University
innocentchoirboy Profile Photoinnocentchoirboy Profile Photo
innocentchoirboy
Stand-by
Stand-by
this is a big pile of ****. grr..... though of course i seem to only date southern baptists...arg, this makes me soooooo mad!!!!
"We ought to make the pie higher." --George W. Bush, South Carolina Republican Debate; February 15, 2000
Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
This is no big surprise. It's a private Baptist university. They can do what they want. It may not be right, but it is their decision to make. When it clearly states in their rules that homosexual acts are forbidden, then why would one attend the university on a scholarship and then come out? He was not expelled, but lost his scholarship. His mistake is not being homosexual, but choosing Baylor. He's better off at Emory anyway.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
rlbgbc Profile Photorlbgbc Profile Photo
rlbgbc
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
True dat, MisterMatt.
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Matt, you have NO idea about Baylor do you?? That place is liek Homo heaven.. lots of VERY fine VERY gay boys......

And lets not get started on when Cameron Park, which is near Baylor, is known for.................

And noticed it never mentioned him being expelled for DOING gay things.. they said you can't ACT gay (oops.. I violated that one with one of teh students on campus one time... gotta love dorms).. all he did was BE gay..... even the biggot from the school said that acting on them was teh issue....

Southern Baptists are deeply disturbed individuals that belong to a highly hypocritical biggoted organization.
SonofMammaMiaSam Profile PhotoSonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
But BG2, the fact is that he CHOSE to attend Baylor. His mistake does not warrant outrage nor elicit sympathy from me.
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
"[s]outhern [b]aptists are deeply disturbed individuals that belong to a highly hypocritical biggoted organization."

so why would any self respecting homosexual want to be caught within a thousand miles of such an institution as baylor? ok, let me re-phrase that. why would any self respecting homosexual want to attend baylor university as a student?
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Updated On: 2/3/04 at 12:59 PM
broadwayguy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
there are certain subjects that baylor university is VERY respected for.. particularly in this region.. i also know several students who ultimately chose it because they offered what they wanted to study and did it in a price range they could afford...
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
then they opted to play by its rules. you can't jump in the pool with the sharks and then say to them, "ok, now, no biting."

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
jrb_actor Profile Photojrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
papa--I let you bite on me all the time! (and I think I like it) =P
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
i am not now nor have i ever been a member of the biting party...hmmmm, a biting party...

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Mister Matt Profile PhotoMister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I have friends that went to Baylor. I have been to the campus. I knew one very flamboyant man who attended Baylor. He was not expelled at all, so it wasn't an issue. The article clearly states that BEING gay is not cause for expulsion (which is why he wasn't expelled). It was the cause for his scholarship being revoked. Scholarships can be revoked for ANY reason, as outlined in the scholarship itself.

All I'm saying is, why the shock? When it comes to private instutions and scholarships - if you want to play the game, you need to follow the rules.
"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian