Page: 1

Ben Whishaw and Renee Fleming in "Norma Jeane Baker of Troy" - tix onsale!

JBroadway Profile PhotoJBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I thought there was a thread for this already, but I did multiple searches and couldn't find it.

Anyway, tickets are now onsale for this! They have $49 tickets ($54 with fees) in the back of the house. I just snagged one, because I anticipate this being a hot ticket once word spreads, and we have no idea yet what kind of rush policy they might have, if any. I would suggest people here do the same! Based on the names and concept alone, this looks like it will be one hell of a show to open this cool new space. 

https://theshed.org/program/4-norma-jeane-baker-of-troy

CT2NYC Profile PhotoCT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Also of note is DRAGON SPRING PHOENIX RISE, a kung fu musical featuring the music of Sia.
Caye2
Stand-by
Stand-by
Both shows sound pretty interesting! Any codes for these?
DramaTeach Profile PhotoDramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

Just bought my ticket for Norma Jeane.  Looking forward to the opening of a new venue.

SmoothLover Profile PhotoSmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I am curious about the new venue as well. Is it private or non profit? I guess the theatre will be considered Broadway rather than Off given the seating capacity.

CT2NYC Profile PhotoCT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Caye2 said: "Both shows sound pretty interesting! Any codes for these?"

Tickets just went on sale last week to the general public, so there are no discounts yet. Prices are fairly reasonable already, though.

JBroadway Profile PhotoJBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

SmoothLover said: "I guess the theatre will be considered Broadway rather than Off given the seating capacity."

No, that seems unlikely. Contrary to popular belief, seating capacity is not the be-all-end-all of whether something is classified as "Broadway" "Off-broadway" or neither. Plenty of 500+ seat houses in NY are not official Broadway theatres. They may choose to go through the process to make it an official Broadway theatre, but if that were the case, they probably would have made their intentions known already, and it would have been a big piece of news. 

SmoothLover Profile PhotoSmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

JBroadway said: "SmoothLover said: "I guess the theatre will be considered Broadway rather than Off given the seating capacity."

No, that seemsunlikely. Contrary to popular belief, seating capacity is not the be-all-end-all of whether something is classified as "Broadway" "Off-broadway" or neither. Plenty of 500+ seat houses in NY are not official Broadway theatres. They may choose to go through the process to make it an official Broadway theatre, but if that were the case, they probably would have made their intentions known already, and it would have been a big piece of news.

Thanks. All good to know.

"

Niles Silvers
Stand-by
Stand-by

Miss Fleming certainly is branching out in "retirement".