Page: 1

Discounts in advance at Box Office?

Wee Thomas2 Profile PhotoWee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Discounts in advance at Box Office?#1
Posted: 2/9/19 at 12:45pm

In the past we have printed out the Broadwaybox, Playbill, and Theatermania sheets and gone to the box office with them to get the discounts (without fees).

Looking to do this for future Gary tickets when we are in the city next weekend, but none of the three show the old "Print this out and take it to the box office" options (nor do they show the "call this number and use the code", either). Just online purchases. Which I'm fine with, but I wouldn't mind saving $20-30 in fees.

Can you still go up to the box office with a code and get the discounts?

Perhaps the Booth box office isn't open yet? But that doesn't explain why you don't have the phone option

musikman Profile Photomusikman Profile Photo
musikman
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Discounts in advance at Box Office?#2
Posted: 2/9/19 at 12:58pm
These days they’ll just ask you for the code so they can just type it in to their computer. They don’t even need to see anything.
-There's the muddle in the middle. There's the puddle where the poodle did the piddle."
Wee Thomas2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Discounts in advance at Box Office?#3
Posted: 2/9/19 at 4:34pm

Thought that might be it.

Hope I'm bringing the best one with me!  And that the BO is open already

teresa2
Stand-by
Stand-by
Discounts in advance at Box Office?#4
Posted: 2/9/19 at 5:25pm
I bought Gary tickets at the BO with the code 2 weeks ago so you should be fine.
Claire8 Profile PhotoClaire8 Profile Photo
Claire8
Understudy
Understudy
Discounts in advance at Box Office?#5
Posted: 2/9/19 at 7:59pm

Can anyone tell me why exactly the online fees are so high? In Australia we have to pay about $8AU in fees for 2 tickets - which is about $5 US. For Broadway they seem to generally be four or five times that! What gives?

Updated On: 2/9/19 at 07:59 PM
Wee Thomas2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Discounts in advance at Box Office?#6
Posted: 2/10/19 at 12:20pm

Thanks for the info about the box office.

And I guess US folks are more willing to pay for "convenience" than Aussies are.  Or you have stronger consumer protection laws.

Jarethan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Discounts in advance at Box Office?#7
Posted: 2/10/19 at 1:32pm

I'll bet the latter.  What option do you have if you live out of town?  I would say that it is extortion, but I was in technology for my entire career and 24*7 technology that includes a fairly sophisticated application and all the non-on-line functions can be expensive to develop and maintained.  I would like to think the lion's share of the expense is there, but I do not know what their annual fee revenue is.  Probably still extortionate, like those $10 sodas, where you get a sip-cup.