Page: 1

Paddington 2 Golden Globes Snub

Call_me_jorge Profile PhotoCall_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Paddington 2 Golden Globes Snub#1
Posted: 12/6/18 at 5:25pm
Can someone please explain to my how Paddington 2, the highest rated film of this past year, did not get nominated for a single Golden Globe. These awards are a joke.
??Jack-o-lanterns are just pumpkins who majored in musical theatre??
haterobics Profile Photohaterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Paddington 2 Golden Globes Snub#2
Posted: 12/6/18 at 6:46pm

The Globes don't use the Tomato-meter to decide nominations?

UncleCharlie
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Paddington 2 Golden Globes Snub#3
Posted: 12/6/18 at 10:05pm

They thought other films were better?

hamiltonboys
Understudy
Understudy
Paddington 2 Golden Globes Snub#4
Posted: 12/7/18 at 12:06am
A 100% on Rotten Tomatoes doesnít make it the best movie of the year. Every critic could give it a 3/5 and it would still be 100% fresh. I havenít seen the film but most reviews made it out to be a perfectly cute family film, which typically donít do well at awards. Especially ones released nearly a year before the award show. Mary Poppins Returns was smart to open in December, as itís more fresh in the minds of voters than Paddington 2.

Iím surprised at the awards love for Black Panther. I get that these awards are political but there were far better films with similar themes that arenít getting any awards love. Comic book films can be fun but often the third act of the the film devolves into a huge CGI mess. Wonder Women suffered from this, and Iíd say the ending fight scene of Black Panther is even worse. The only comic book film Iíve ever seen that really deserved major awards recognition was The Dark Knight.