disneybroadwayfan22
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

YAAAAASSSSSSSSSS

CT2NYC Profile PhotoCT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

First preview 6/28, opens 7/25. Initial 5 month block of tickets, $99-$399. Cabaret seating will be available at a later date.

Updated On: 11/19/18 at 08:28 AM
Mike Barrett  Profile PhotoMike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Very exciting!!! Having seen it in Boston, it's a hell of an entertaining evening of theatre. Never saw the movie before and obviously had no issues so if you haven't seen the film still go! This is gonna be a big hit for sure
Jordan Catalano Profile PhotoJordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Itís gonna be a big hit if they actually used this time off to fix the massive problems the show had in Boston.
CT2NYC Profile PhotoCT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Jordan Catalano said: "It’s gonna be a big hit if they actually used this time off to fix the massive problems the show had in Boston."

I think it will be a big hit, regardless, but I'm hoping they made changes, mainly to the ending.

Updated On: 11/19/18 at 09:00 AM
Mike Barrett
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

Jordan Catalano said: "It’s gonna be a big hit if they actually used this time off to fix the massive problems the show had in Boston. "

I do not think this had massive problems. It did have some tone issues, Book is not A+ but not poor either, I think it's more fine tuning some things. Regardless, the general public will absolutely adore the show. I see this being a big time hit and hard ticket to get for the next year or 2 

barcelona20
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

CT2NYC said: "Jordan Catalano said: "It’s gonna be a big hit if they actually used this time off to fix the massive problems the show had in Boston."

I think it will be a big hit, regardless, but I'm hoping they made changes, mainly to the ending.
"

I agree 100%. Also would have preferred that they replaced Aaron, but the NY Times review sealed his fate.

Skywalker3
Stand-by
Stand-by

So isn't the Al Herschfeld a little small backstage for all the big sets? 

ren598
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
I agree this will be a massive hit even if they donít make a single change. That being said, Iím sure they will make tweaks to tighten up the book and hopefully do something about the ending. I do hope they keep the medley at the end so the audience leaves on a high.
BroadwayConcierge Profile PhotoBroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

YAY!!!

This did not have "massive" problems. The only thing they need to fix is the ending. Seeing it in Boston was one of my all-time favorite theatre experiences and I can't wait to finally have this here in New York Moulin Rouge Officially coming to Broadway June 2019

RJ14
Understudy
Understudy

meh @ no cast change. I was hoping they would change the 2 leads. Aaron and Karen have no chemistry at all. 

Mike Barrett
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

Skywalker3 said: "So isn't the Al Herschfeld a little small backstage for all the big sets?"

I thought the colonial was too and they proved me wrong so who knows but my initial thought is this as well. Also I've sat in the rear mezz before here and I think the overhang is going to be difficult to over come when the stage goes into the audience. Hopefully they make adjustments for this theatre. 

barcelona20
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

RJ14 said: "meh @ no cast change. I was hoping they would change the 2 leads. Aaron and Karen have no chemistry at all."

Blame Ben Brantley for no cast change.

MadsonMelo
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
First thought: how long will Burstein be on MFL??

This show will be a beast, damn
BroadwayConcierge Profile PhotoBroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

MadsonMelo said: "First thought: how long will Burstein be on MFL??

This show will be a beast, damn
"

Burstein is only scheduled to be in My Fair Lady from January 8 through April 28. Two months between his final performance there and first preview of Moulin Rouge.

Kad Profile PhotoKad Profile Photo
Kad
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

It was evident from the get-go that Burstein's engagement in My Fair Lady was set to accommodate a transfer of this.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Phillytheatreguy10 Profile PhotoPhillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

I still think this the wrong house.

Updated On: 11/19/18 at 09:59 AM
everythingtaboo Profile Photoeverythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Am I still hoping Aaron will have some sort of scheduling conflict? Maybe. Otherwise, I'm thrilled that Karen, Danny, and the rest will be coming in with the show. Happy they'll have time to fix some of the book issues *cough* drop the laughable Shake It Out  scene*cough* but it's going to be a monster hit anywa. I'm still not convinced the Hirschfeld is the right theatre for it, but I'm happy it'll have a welcoming home.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008
HenryTDobson Profile PhotoHenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

Jordan Catalano said: "It’s gonna be a big hit if they actually used this time off to fix the massive problems the show had in Boston."

Couldn't agree more. This was a disaster in Boston. Here's hoping they do the necessary work to make it better.

ren598
Featured Actor
Featured Actor

There was no way they were going to replace Aaron Tveit for the Broadway transfer.  He is one of the bigger draws for this show. Even in Boston, he had fans flying in from all over the world just to see him in the show.  At the time, there was no guarantee the show was transferring to Broadway or he would be transferring with the show.  I can see these same fans making the trek to Broadway to see it again. 

imklepcyk
Understudy
Understudy
Ugggghh the hirschfeld does not seem like a good theater for this show. It needs a bigger theatre with more things they can do.
imklepcyk
Understudy
Understudy
Also Aaron is going to be in it confirmed by moulin Instagram
dramamama611 Profile Photodramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

It was far from a disaster.  It wasn't perfect, no - but it had legs and MANY enjoyed the hell out of it.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.