Barrett Wilbert Weed- Cameo?- Page 2

Jordan Catalano Profile PhotoJordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Barrett Wilbert Weed- Cameo?#26
Posted: 8/9/18 at 5:18pm
Loretta Swift took cash from fans at the stage door for her autograph.
dearalanaaaa Profile Photodearalanaaaa Profile Photo
dearalanaaaa
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Barrett Wilbert Weed- Cameo?#27
Posted: 8/9/18 at 6:09pm
Michael Park (@park24hrs) in the comments really throwing shade. He's so correct- anxiety is an ongoing issue among teen fans (something she has a lot of!) and shouldn't be used as a quirk to say "oh haha I won't stagedoor, I have anxiety now and it's not my thing." Hes calling for donations which I totally agree with. But at the same time, Barrett knows she has a giant fanbase of fans who are willing to pay for a short video of her saying hi. I know somebody who said BWW could murder them on the street and they'd be fine with paying and thanking her for doing it. Outrageous.
broadwaynerdnewbie Profile Photobroadwaynerdnewbie Profile Photo
broadwaynerdnewbie
Stand-by
Stand-by
Barrett Wilbert Weed- Cameo?#28
Posted: 8/9/18 at 6:20pm

I wonder if she’d left out the virtual stagedoor comment whether people would still be upset?

Also I wonder if a semi big name who happened to be a man charged a similar amount and didn’t donate to charity whether people would be all up in arms. I’m not saying Barrett is getting more or less flack because she’s a woman because I think she is naturally for whatever reason is a lightening rod for people, but I guess I just don’t get why she’s the only one getting called out when there are more theater people on that site who don’t get called out.

IdinaBellFoster Profile PhotoIdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Barrett Wilbert Weed- Cameo?#29
Posted: 8/9/18 at 6:21pm
Barrett and others are doing it and using the money as a donation to some other cause, which I think it a great way to use the service.

But also, if someone wants to charge and people want to pay, that’s literally capitalism. I personally don’t love the idea if it’s just for personal gain, but also it doesn’t affect me so who cares.
"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards
BroadwayNYC2 Profile PhotoBroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Barrett Wilbert Weed- Cameo?#30
Posted: 8/9/18 at 6:46pm

Just because Michael Park is in a show about a kid with anxiety issues, does not make him an expert in the mental health. Let the girl be. 

Jordan Catalano Profile PhotoJordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Barrett Wilbert Weed- Cameo?#31
Posted: 8/9/18 at 6:53pm
IdinaBellFoster is right. People shouldn’t make money and keep it.. That’s so wrong.
EllieRose2 Profile PhotoEllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Barrett Wilbert Weed- Cameo?#32
Posted: 8/9/18 at 10:57pm

Let the girl live, Jesus Christ.  

CurtainPullDowner Profile PhotoCurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Barrett Wilbert Weed- Cameo?#33
Posted: 8/9/18 at 11:09pm

Who is she?

broadwaynerdnewbie
Stand-by
Stand-by
Barrett Wilbert Weed- Cameo?#34
Posted: 8/9/18 at 11:30pm

CurtainPullDowner said: "Who is she?"

She plays Janis in mean girls 

Fetus Profile PhotoFetus Profile Photo
Fetus
Stand-by
Stand-by
Barrett Wilbert Weed- Cameo?#35
Posted: 8/9/18 at 11:43pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmR7B0jhYTR/

I don't really like her notion that Cameo videos take a ton of time. They're generally only a minute long and read off the person's request, but I guess it varies depending on the person. I think she's ignoring the fact that most of the criticism stemmed from her trying to monetize idea of a "virtual stage door" and not her using the service itself.

I don't think she should be required to donate her proceeds to charity just because other actors are doing it, though I do commend the actors who are.

IdinaBellFoster Profile PhotoIdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Barrett Wilbert Weed- Cameo?#36
Posted: 8/9/18 at 11:46pm
Well looks like it’s not for charity, but I stand by what I said. If people want to buy them and she wants to sell them, good for them. The 10 year olds in her comment section need to take a chill pill.

Why does everyone care so much about this?
"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards
mailhandler777
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Barrett Wilbert Weed- Cameo?#37
Posted: 8/10/18 at 3:19am

adamgreer said: "broadwaynerdnewbie said: "Kristen Martin, who is in Wicked, had quite a lot to say about this (she didn’t mention Weed by name and I can’t decide if it’s because she didn’t want to name names or didn’t know it was her) in her Instagram story. Her username is kemmartin if you wanted to check it out."

It seems pretty obvious who she’s talking about. Are any other performers even doing this?
"

I had no idea whom Kristen was talking about on Instagram until I just read this now. Then again I don't follow Mean Girls or Barrett that closely either.

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)
Lauren2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Barrett Wilbert Weed- Cameo?#38
Posted: 8/10/18 at 4:55am

So are you telling me that if I sent a letter to Taylor (which I did), wanting her autograph, that she is going to send something back requesting money? Because I already got it back, it was super fast, and that would just not be fun if that happened.

broadwaynerdnewbie
Stand-by
Stand-by
Barrett Wilbert Weed- Cameo?#39
Posted: 8/10/18 at 10:47am

Lauren2 said: "So are you telling me that if I sent a letter to Taylor (which I did), wanting her autograph, that she is going to send something back requesting money? Because I already got it back, it was super fast, and that would just not be fun if that happened."

No. The only time you’ll ever receive mail back asking money for an autograph is if you ask for the entire cast autographs. Most shows sell signed playbills for a fee and the fee usually goes to broadway cares equity charity. But if you send your individual playbill to certain cast members they won’t ask for money 

Sarah329
Stand-by
Stand-by
Barrett Wilbert Weed- Cameo?#40
Posted: 8/10/18 at 2:31pm

broadwaynerdnewbie said: "Lauren2 said: "So are you telling me that if I sent a letter to Taylor (which I did), wanting her autograph, that she is going to send something back requesting money? Because I already got it back, it was super fast, and that would just not be fun if that happened."

No. The only time you’ll ever receive mail back asking money for an autograph is if you ask for the entire cast autographs. Most shows sell signed playbills for a fee and the fee usually goes to broadway cares equity charity. But if you send your individual playbill to certain cast members they won’t ask for money
"

Mean Girls will send back cast signed playbils for free. I sent to them a few months ago. 

dramamama611 Profile Photodramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Barrett Wilbert Weed- Cameo?#41
Posted: 8/10/18 at 6:19pm

And many stop doing so surrounding times around BC/EFA fundraising.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Elegance101 Profile PhotoElegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Barrett Wilbert Weed- Cameo?#42
Posted: 8/11/18 at 12:21am

dearalanaaaa said: "Michael Park (@park24hrs) in the comments really throwing shade. He's so correct- anxiety is an ongoing issue among teen fans (something she has a lot of!) and shouldn't be used as a quirk to say "oh haha I won't stagedoor, I have anxiety now and it's not my thing." Hes calling for donations which I totally agree with. But at the same time, Barrett knows she has a giant fanbase of fans who are willing to pay for a short video of her saying hi. I know somebody who said BWW could murder them on the street and they'd be fine with paying and thanking her for doing it. Outrageous."

What is he doing exactly? I didn't see him anywhere in the comments.

broadwaynerdnewbie
Stand-by
Stand-by
Barrett Wilbert Weed- Cameo?#43
Posted: 8/11/18 at 12:45am

Elegance101 said: "dearalanaaaa said: "Michael Park (@park24hrs) in the comments really throwing shade. He's so correct- anxiety is an ongoing issue among teen fans (something she has a lot of!) and shouldn't be used as a quirk to say "oh haha I won't stagedoor, I have anxiety now and it's not my thing." Hes calling for donations which I totally agree with. But at the same time, Barrett knows she has a giant fanbase of fans who are willing to pay for a short video of her saying hi. I know somebody who said BWW could murder them on the street and they'd be fine with paying and thanking her for doing it. Outrageous."

What is he doing exactly? I didn't see him anywhere in the comments.
"

Michael park made that original comment in a post Barrett has since deleted. She originally did a video where she explained that she was now in cameo but she deleted that when she uploaded the post she did the other night. 

Elegance101 Profile PhotoElegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Barrett Wilbert Weed- Cameo?#44
Posted: 8/11/18 at 12:57am

Did you see what he said?

broadwaynerdnewbie
Stand-by
Stand-by
Barrett Wilbert Weed- Cameo?#45
Posted: 8/11/18 at 1:12am

Elegance101 said: "Did you see what he said?"

He said “not sure this will cut through the chaos, but I sincerely hope the proceeds go to child mind institute or Trevor project, or another organization that helps teens cope with social anxiety. Broadway is a sacred place and pray that these kids are getting taken care of.”

i think his idea about charity donations was nice but overall personally I didn’t appreciate his post. At this point people who are on cameo and donate the money to charity are admirable and treasures but it shouldn’t be expected that every person will follow that model. I dunno Michael park is someone I truly like but sometimes he comes off a bit holier than though 

BroadwayNYC2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Barrett Wilbert Weed- Cameo?#46
Posted: 8/11/18 at 1:23am
Oh shut up Michael Park. He has been the weakest part of any show I’ve ever seen.
BroadwayNYC2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Barrett Wilbert Weed- Cameo?#47
Posted: 8/11/18 at 1:23am
Oh shut up Michael Park. He has been the weakest part of any show I’ve ever seen.
natashalost Profile Photonatashalost Profile Photo
natashalost
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Barrett Wilbert Weed- Cameo?#48
Posted: 8/17/18 at 10:06pm

Kristen Martin wrote a piece for The Ensemblist coming out strongly against Cameo:

“Visiting the stage door after performances has never been mandatory. But to me, using Cameo in place of the stage door is a clear manipulation to a system that has been in place for decades.”

Read the full article here

Sondheimite Profile PhotoSondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Barrett Wilbert Weed- Cameo?#49
Posted: 8/17/18 at 10:14pm

I've never cared to hear Heathers, I don't like Mean Girls... I know the drama surrounding Heathers...

but jesus CHRIST can people lay off Barrett Wilbert Weed?  Can people just... let her live.  I'm amazed at how many fans think they own her and how many Broadway people feel like they should have a say in how she lives her life.

Let her fvcking work, let her fvcking live, and WHO CARES about the Cameo thing?!?!?  Literally WHO CARES if she's doing that?!  Let her do it!  It's hurting NO ONE.  It involves NO ONE but her.  And, if people are willing to pay for it... okay, great!  She's not manipulating anyone.  She's not hurting anyone.  If she wants to do this instead of stage door... great who CARES!! 

Jesus cHRIST 

Broadway World's Fireman.
Updated On: 8/17/18 at 10:14 PM
broadwaynerdnewbie
Stand-by
Stand-by
Barrett Wilbert Weed- Cameo?#50
Posted: 8/18/18 at 12:04am

natashalost said: "Kristen Martin wrote a piece for The Ensemblist coming out strongly against Cameo:

“Visiting the stage door after performances has never been mandatory. But to me, using Cameo in place of the stage door is a clear manipulation to a system that has been in place for decades.”

Read the full article here.
"

Oh Jesus Christ. Like just when most people were letting the go. I get what she is saying here but at the end of the da6 Barrett is not forcing people to purchase a video from her. Those that have chosen ti give to charity should be admired but it shouldn’t be expected. I just don’t understand why people want to make this into more than it needs to be.