Pretty Woman Rush

yesraccoons Profile Photoyesraccoons Profile Photo
yesraccoons
Featured Actor
joined:8/8/17
Featured Actor
joined:
8/8/17
Pretty Woman Rush#1
Posted: 7/26/18 at 10:52am

There has been talk about the pretty woman rush in the previews thread but I felt it deserved it’s own thread.

What time have people been arriving and where are the seats?

Updated On: 7/26/18 at 10:52 AM
JSquared2
Broadway Legend
joined:3/23/17
Broadway Legend
joined:
3/23/17
Pretty Womam Rush#2
Posted: 7/26/18 at 10:53am

yesraccoons said: "There has been talk about the pretty woman rush in the previews thread but I felt it deserved it’s own thread.

What time have people been arriving and where are the seats?
"

Check the previews thread.

 

yesraccoons Profile Photoyesraccoons Profile Photo
yesraccoons
Featured Actor
joined:8/8/17
Featured Actor
joined:
8/8/17
Pretty Womam Rush#3
Posted: 7/26/18 at 11:48am

JSquared2 said: "yesraccoons said: "There has been talk about the pretty woman rush in the previews thread but I felt it deserved it’s own thread.

What time have people been arriving and where are the seats?
"

Check the previews thread

"

I’ve seen the previews thread but as more people start rushing it’ll be easier to just have a separate thread

stephimarie Profile Photostephimarie Profile Photo
stephimarie
Understudy
joined:12/17/13
Understudy
joined:
12/17/13
Pretty Womam Rush#4
Posted: 7/26/18 at 11:52am
According to the box office the seats are always going to be the front row. I don't think that was ever clarified officially in the thread but that's what I was told.

The bulk of people show up between 8-9 and the first few show up between 6-8. Occasionally one person will be there earlier than that but then no one else shows up for at least an hour after.
MadsonMelo
Broadway Star
joined:3/24/14
Broadway Star
joined:
3/24/14
Pretty Womam Rush#5
Posted: 7/26/18 at 12:23pm

How's the view from front row?

Is the stage too high?

stephimarie Profile Photostephimarie Profile Photo
stephimarie
Understudy
joined:12/17/13
Understudy
joined:
12/17/13
Pretty Womam Rush#6
Posted: 7/26/18 at 4:46pm

MadsonMelo said: "How's the view from front row?

Is the stage too high?
"

It's perfect if you grab a booster seat cushion thing. without it, it was just a bit too high, and hard to see stuff going on way upstage (for reference I'm 5'4"Pretty Womam Rush

but with the booster seat I had no issues seeing. and if you're worried about having to look way up, there is very little that happens that far downstage so it's not annoying at all.

FalsettosRuinedMe
Swing
joined:3/20/17
Swing
joined:
3/20/17
Pretty Womam Rush#7
Posted: 7/27/18 at 11:51am
I rushed this morning, here’s my experience;

I got there for around 8am and was second in line, the woman ahead of me arrive shortly before me. The line remained with just the two of us until about 8:30 when one or two others joined. Things really picked up coming up to 9:00. The line ended up being at l way 20 people, if not more.

When at the ticket booth, the box office showed me my seat on a map and asked if I had a preference. All were front row, I was informed, and he gave me a Center seat. He told me he ha fro mark or partial view but, in his opinion, it has a great view!

I’ll update on how the seat is later!
UncleCharlie
Broadway Legend
joined:6/26/16
Broadway Legend
joined:
6/26/16
Pretty Womam Rush#8
Posted: 7/27/18 at 4:33pm

FalsettosRuinedMe said: "I rushed this morning, here’s my experience;

I got there for around 8am and was second in line, the woman ahead of me arrive shortly before me. The line remained with just the two of us until about 8:30 when one or two others joined. Things really picked up coming up to 9:00. The line ended up being at l way 20 people, if not more.

When at the ticket booth, the box office showed me my seat on a map and asked if I had a preference. All were front row, I was informed, and he gave me a Center seat. He told me he ha fro mark or partial view but, in his opinion, it has a great view!

I’ll update on how the seat is later!
"

That's about the most accommodating I've ever heard a box office person be to someone buying a rush seat. 

stephimarie Profile Photostephimarie Profile Photo
stephimarie
Understudy
joined:12/17/13
Understudy
joined:
12/17/13
Pretty Womam Rush#9
Posted: 7/27/18 at 4:51pm
Oh wow they've never done that for me or my friends who've rushed! They usually just give the first person the aisle seat and then work their way down. Interesting. Curious to see if letting people choose continues because of course I'd always prefer to be center.
nealb1 Profile Photonealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
Broadway Legend
joined:8/1/05
Broadway Legend
joined:
8/1/05
Pretty Womam Rush#10
Posted: 7/27/18 at 5:39pm

Thanks for the info.  Yes, that's very nice of them to show you on the seating chart.  When I rushed "Sponge" back in January, they did that as well.  I'm going to rush the show the weekend of Aug 24th.  I'm looking forward to seeing it.  

singer234
Stand-by
joined:8/31/08
Stand-by
joined:
8/31/08
Pretty Womam Rush#11
Posted: 7/27/18 at 5:44pm
How many rush seats are given away? The entire front row? Apologies if this was answered previously!
stephimarie Profile Photostephimarie Profile Photo
stephimarie
Understudy
joined:12/17/13
Understudy
joined:
12/17/13
Pretty Womam Rush#12
Posted: 7/27/18 at 10:41pm

singer234 said: "How many rush seats are given away? The entire front row? Apologies if this was answered previously!"

Entire front row! It's 24 seats

FalsettosRuinedMe
Swing
joined:3/20/17
Swing
joined:
3/20/17
Pretty Womam Rush#13
Posted: 7/28/18 at 12:07am
Okay seat update:

The stage is high, but you still can see everything! I personally wouldn’t classify the Center front row as “partial” or “obstructed” view but more a, not ideal, view. My neck was sore from looking up Andy Karl’s nose by the end. This being said, I still think it’s a good view. You see everything, it’s just your looking upwards 90% of the time.

Also, yes the box office were lovely. I would say if you’re offered to choose a seat and the middle isn’t an option it seemed to me that, with the way the show is currently, you’ll miss more if you sit on the far left. Try to get centre or right hand side to see the most!

The stage door guard was also not very nice by the way... he was really rude to the fans who weren’t being annoying or anything. He also told us photos with the actors were a no go. Even when Orfeh and Samantha came out they both said they’d snap photos because they “get in trouble” for taking them... All the prociples and a lot of ensemble came out to sign also for anyone interested! They came out very quickly -and while they rushed they were all very nice and kind — Especially Orfeh and Andy!
Kitsune Profile PhotoKitsune Profile Photo
Kitsune
Broadway Star
joined:12/29/06
Broadway Star
joined:
12/29/06
Pretty Womam Rush#14
Posted: 7/28/18 at 2:26am

FalsettosRuinedMe said: "Okay seat update:

The stage is high, but you still can see everything! I personally wouldn’t classify the Center front row as “partial” or “obstructed” view but more a, not ideal, view. My neck was sore from looking up Andy Karl’s nose by the end. This being said, I still think it’s a good view. You see everything, it’s just your looking upwards 90% of the time.

Also, yes the box office were lovely. I would say if you’re offered to choose a seat and the middle isn’t an option it seemed to me that, with the way the show is currently, you’ll miss more if you sit on the far left. Try to get centre or right hand side to see the most!

The stage door guard was also not very nice by the way... he was really rude to the fans who weren’t being annoying or anything. He also told us photos with the actors were a no go. Even when Orfeh and Samantha came out they both said they’d snap photos because they “get in trouble” for taking them... All the prociples and a lot of ensemble came out to sign also for anyone interested! They came out very quickly -and while they rushed they were all very nice and kind — Especially Orfeh and Andy!
"

This is just speculation, but I wonder if during previews the cast gets notes from the director immediately after the show? I also had the experience last week of everyone coming out really quickly, so I wonder if they're doing the stage door circuit and then going back inside for notes. 

I was lucky enough to get to see Andy and Orfeh's cabaret show this past January. Every time I've interacted with them I'm struck by how down to earth and kind they are. 

stephimarie Profile Photostephimarie Profile Photo
stephimarie
Understudy
joined:12/17/13
Understudy
joined:
12/17/13
Pretty Womam Rush#15
Posted: 7/28/18 at 8:38am

Kitsune said: "FalsettosRuinedMe said: "Okay seat update:

The stage is high, but you still can see everything! I personally wouldn’t classify the Center front row as “partial” or “obstructed” view but more a, not ideal, view. My neck was sore from looking up Andy Karl’s nose by the end. This being said, I still think it’s a good view. You see everything, it’s just your looking upwards 90% of the time.

Also, yes the box office were lovely. I would say if you’re offered to choose a seat and the middle isn’t an option it seemed to me that, with the way the show is currently, you’ll miss more if you sit on the far left. Try to get centre or right hand side to see the most!

The stage door guard was also not very nice by the way... he was really rude to the fans who weren’t being annoying or anything. He also told us photos with the actors were a no go. Even when Orfeh and Samantha came out they both said they’d snap photos because they “get in trouble” for taking them... All the prociples and a lot of ensemble came out to sign also for anyone interested! They came out very quickly -and while they rushed they were all very nice and kind — Especially Orfeh and Andy!
"

This is just speculation, but I wonder if during previews the castgets notes from the director immediately after the show? I also had the experience last weekof everyonecomingout really quickly, so I wonder ifthey're doing the stage door circuit and then going back inside for notes.

I was lucky enough to get to see Andy and Orfeh's cabaret show this past January. Every time I've interacted withthem I'm struck by how down to earth and kind they are.
"

(Oh hey I know you ??)

I don't think so because they get right in their cars (Sam and A & O are the only ones with cars) after stage door. I think they just get notes the next day.

sewhite2
Swing
joined:6/11/18
Swing
joined:
6/11/18
Pretty Womam Rush#16
Posted: 7/28/18 at 2:13pm

Got there at 8:30 for the rush, and there were maybe 15 people in front of me, 15 behind me. I only got one ticket in the center of the front will. Will let y'all know my take on it tomorrow.

stephimarie Profile Photostephimarie Profile Photo
stephimarie
Understudy
joined:12/17/13
Understudy
joined:
12/17/13
Pretty Womam Rush#17
Posted: 7/30/18 at 9:22am

.

Updated On: 7/30/18 at 09:22 AM
Locomoreno
Swing
joined:3/19/12
Swing
joined:
3/19/12
Pretty Woman Rush#18
Posted: 7/31/18 at 1:46am

sewhite2 said: "Got there at 8:30 for the rush, and there were maybe 15 people in front of me, 15 behind me. I only got one ticket in the center of the front will. Will let y'all know my take on it tomorrow."

I booked it to the Pretty Woman box office after grabbing a rush ticket for another show for Saturday evening.  I think because they had both a matinee and evening performance, I was able to grab a matinee rush ticket, even when I got to the box office 30 minutes after it opened.  

My seat was Orchestra Left, three seats from the aisle.  I could see all the action on the stage, I don't think there's anything I missed  The show was highly entertaining and I was mesmerized by Samantha Barks and Orfeh--especially being so close.  Their performances were electric!  I'm tall and heavy-set--there was good leg room.  I can see that getting a booster cushion would help a lot for shorter people.  

If you get a chance to rush--do it!

 

yesraccoons Profile Photoyesraccoons Profile Photo
yesraccoons
Featured Actor
joined:8/8/17
Featured Actor
joined:
8/8/17
Pretty Woman Rush#19
Posted: 8/3/18 at 10:45am
Rushed wends. Arrived at 7:30 and was 3rd in line. My friends and I got the three seats front row center all the way to the left. Get booster seats for sure it’s a tall stage. I would suggest sitting house right if possible because the actors stand in front of the stage left center seat area where we sat and we had to crane our necks a lot.
Fiyero13
Broadway Star
joined:6/28/07
Broadway Star
joined:
6/28/07
Pretty Woman Rush#20
Posted: 8/3/18 at 10:50am

Rushing this Saturday, if someone wants to join or would like a ticket

lsalas
Swing
joined:5/13/18
Swing
joined:
5/13/18
Pretty Woman Rush#21
Posted: 8/3/18 at 10:52am

I rushed the show on Monday, July 23rd. My friend really wanted to see and show and since I am visiting, I was able to get to the theatre at around 830am. When I arrived, I was the 7th person in line. In case you have not heard, rush ticket seats is the very front row of the orchestra and considered "partial view" because the stage is fairly high with a passerelle. I heard the show if doing well box office wise and with continued buzz, you may want to consider arriving earlier or try during weekdays.

I was very lucky and my seat was C ORCH, Row A, Seat 107 which was dead centre. 

BroadwayLuv2 Profile PhotoBroadwayLuv2 Profile Photo
BroadwayLuv2
Featured Actor
joined:10/19/14
Featured Actor
joined:
10/19/14
Pretty Woman Rush#22
Posted: 8/8/18 at 11:37am

Rushed Pretty Woman today. Got there around 8:30am and was about 20th in line. By the time the box office opened at 10am there were about 45-50 people in line. There are 2 performances today.

Received Row A seats 2 and 4. Very excited!

chuckydisc
Broadway Star
joined:7/28/13
Broadway Star
joined:
7/28/13
Pretty Woman Rush#23
Posted: 8/9/18 at 5:25pm

Fiyero13 said: "Rushing this Saturday, if someone wants to join or would like a ticket"

What was your line like?  Arrived at what time and you were what number?  etc.

Thanks.

 

FrizzyAnya
Understudy
joined:6/9/17
Understudy
joined:
6/9/17
Pretty Woman Rush#24
Posted: 8/10/18 at 8:17am
Thursday 8/9, 8:30am was good for 8th in line. Maybe 20ish people were there by BO opening. We got seats 102 and 103, the side of center orchestra. With the cushion, the view was great!
Crashdowngurl693
Chorus Member
joined:5/30/17
Chorus Member
joined:
5/30/17
Pretty Woman Rush#25
Posted: 8/12/18 at 11:56am
My friend and I arrive amidst the flash flood warnings yesterday morning at probably like 8:15. There were at least 26 people ahead of us. It was a two show day. We did get tickets but I would not necessarily recommend arriving later than 8:30 for rush as there were a bunch of people in line rushing the show for the second time. Not all rush tickets are in the front row at least not yesterday- we were in orchestra left row C 13 and 15. The last two seats closest to the outside aisle.