THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD

BroadwayConcierge Profile PhotoBroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Just a few hours away from Broadway's biggest night!

Check here for all the ways to view tonight's telecast: http://www.tonyawards.com/en_US/tonynight/index.html

LIVE FROM THE RED CARPET lasts from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. 

THE AWARDS CEREMONY begins at 8:00 p.m. ET on CBS.

smidge
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Frank is absolutely brutal on the Red Carpet. Is there an understudy who can take over?
Danielle49
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Lots of Tony threads going around, so I'll ask this question here:

I am overseas and unfortunately won't be able to watch the broadcast tonight. I've looked at the Tony Awards International Viewing page and the country I'm in isn't there, plus the 9 hour time difference won't allow me to watch via a US site at a reasonable time. Anyone have tips as to how to watch the show sometime this week? Is the full show typically posted somewhere (CBS or otherwise) following the broadcast, and if so, where? Any tips would be appreciated!
kofler22
Stand-by
Stand-by
Is there a way to see the pre show?
Elegance101 Profile PhotoElegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Multiple ways; I'm watching on the Tony Awards Facebook page.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/TonyAwardsCBS/videos/1062973223856822/

kofler22
Stand-by
Stand-by
Me too! But will they broadcast the pre show? I want to see Chita Rivera accepting her award! It won t be on the live segment ??
brdway411
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

kofler22 said: "Is there a way to see the pre show? "

NY1 has the red carpet 

robskynyc
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

Danielle49 said: "Lots of Tony threads going around, so I'll ask this question here:

I am overseas and unfortunately won't be able to watch the broadcast tonight. I've looked at the Tony Awards International Viewing page and the country I'm in isn't there, plus the 9 hour time difference won't allow me to watch via a US site at a reasonable time. Anyone have tips as to how to watch the show sometime this week? Is the full show typically posted somewhere (CBS or otherwise) following the broadcast, and if so, where? Any tips would be appreciated!
"

should be on Hulu tomorrow

SweetLips Profile PhotoSweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Is there any way to shut down that screeching annoying woman from BWW?

The mute button works.

HenryTDobson Profile PhotoHenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

All of these red carpet interviews are PAINFUL.

Broadwaystar26
Swing
Swing
I would be shocked if frozen doesnt win best musical... hands down best show of the year
Someone in a Tree2 Profile PhotoSomeone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Where can we view the preshow awards-- I thought that's what the CBS feed would give us, but no-- just more inept interviews.

Updated On: 6/10/18 at 07:09 PM
GeorgeandDot Profile PhotoGeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Broadwaystar26 said: "I would be shocked if frozen doesnt win best musical... hands down best show of the year"

IM CACKLING

Broadwaystar26
Swing
Swing
Shows were garbage this season... anyone that liked bands visit must have an extremely boring life... it has the “ cool” factor of pretending you liked it so you can fit in with the critics... hands down going in and walking out , frozen was best bang for your buck... as for spongebob , i cant take a nickelodeon show seriously... what’s next beavis and butthead?
zzdawgg
Understudy
Understudy

Broadwaystar26 said: "Shows were garbage this season... anyone that liked bands visit must have an extremely boring life... it has the “ cool” factor of pretending you liked it so you can fit in with the critics... hands down going in and walking out , frozen was best bang for your buck... as for spongebob , i cant take a nickelodeon show seriously... what’s next beavis and butthead?"

Ok. 

Elegance101
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Broadwaystar26 said: "Shows were garbage this season... anyone that liked bands visit must have an extremely boring life... it has the “ cool” factor of pretending you liked it so you can fit in with the critics... hands down going in and walking out , frozen was best bang for your buck... as for spongebob , i cant take a nickelodeon show seriously... what’s next beavis and butthead?"

Maybe I can't take a Disney show that was clearly put on Broadway to make Disney more money and not to creatively achieve anything new seriously...

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Surely, everyone can see the irony in someone shilling for a Disney product while claiming that they cannot take a Nickelodeon one seriously.

MattRVA Profile PhotoMattRVA Profile Photo
MattRVA
Understudy
Understudy

Gee, all this time I thought I adored The Band’s Visit because it uses beautiful music and exquisite performances to tell stories about the need for human connection - and about the power of music to bring together people of different cultures and languages. But apparently I only liked it because I’m boring and want to be cool! *shrugs*

dramamama611 Profile Photodramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

But now I fit in with the critics!  Mission accomplished.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Broadwaystar26
Swing
Swing
There’s a reason its on tkts line every night for 50% off... garbage
adamgreer Profile Photoadamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Have they not handed out any of the technical awards yet? I keep refreshing and nothing. It’s 7:30 already!
Elegance101
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2 said: "Surely, everyone can see the irony in someone shilling for a Disney product while claiming that they cannot takea Nickelodeon one seriously."

Walt Disney himself is leaving hate comments for one of his competitors on a Broadway message board.

Broadwaystar26
Swing
Swing
Whatever watch and see... it’s gonna win best musical
Elegance101
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Broadwaystar26 said: "Whatever watch and see... it’s gonna win best musical"

Bye, Patti!

CorkySt.Clair Profile PhotoCorkySt.Clair Profile Photo
CorkySt.Clair