Page: 1

Taboo yesterday

luvtheEmcee Profile PhotoluvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Taboo yesterday#0
Posted: 2/2/04 at 3:41pm
I'm so glad I finally got to see Taboo before it closes. Unfortunately, both Raul and Boy George were out. Honestly, I was more unhappy about Raul's absence (which I knew about a few days before) than I was about George's. The standby for both (Donnie something with a K... I don't feel like getting up to look up his last name) was on for Phillip and William Robert Gaynor was on for Leigh Bowery. Both were really very good, as bitter as I tend to be about understudies. I absolutley loved Phillip Sallon as a character, and would've enjoyed seeing Raul do it, but Donnie was still great.

Most of the orchestra was filled... a few scattered empty seats, but not bad. The center of the mezzanine was filled as well, but there weren't many people on the sides. It's sad that in its last week it's still not filling up. On that note, I don't understand why it's closing, but there isn't anything I can do about it... Taboo yesterday

I was actually surprised at how much I loved the show. I was, by no means, expecting to hate it, but I liked it much more than I had expected. The one thing that I really thought was lacking was the book. The story was a bit slow at some parts. But the music was wonderful. I can't wait for the Broadway Cast recording to come out. Euan is fabulous. What a voice. Stranger in This World was beautiful. I think he'll definitely go very far if he continues to do Broadway. And now time for my shallow comment of the day - Cary Shields... gorgeous. I enjoyed the costumes... a bit flashy, but they were fun. And it was sort of weird how much the set looks like the Rent set.

Overall I really enjoyed it. I wish it wasn't closing. Anyway, thanks for reading!
A work of art is an invitation to love.
mebice Profile Photomebice Profile Photo
mebice
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Taboo yesterday#1
Posted: 2/2/04 at 3:44pm
I knew you would like it! Most people do...it is a shame it is closing. But, I have a feeling this isn't the last of Taboo....
"Hold up your head. Never be afraid to shine. Viva la difference in my body and my mind. All out with loneliness Such a waste of time. Come in from the outside" ~ Taboo
luvtheEmcee Profile PhotoluvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: Taboo yesterday#2
Posted: 2/2/04 at 3:44pm
lol I was just about to pm you about how much I liked it!
A work of art is an invitation to love.
robyn525600
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: Taboo yesterday#3
Posted: 2/2/04 at 4:50pm
I am going Saturday, the 7th, to see it (its my birthday) and I am going to be DEVESTATED if Raul is out!!!!!
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away."
Benzy92 Profile PhotoBenzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: Taboo yesterday#4
Posted: 2/2/04 at 4:53pm
glad you loved it :)

I did also!
newyorkuniq Profile Photonewyorkuniq Profile Photo
newyorkuniq
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: Taboo yesterday#5
Posted: 2/2/04 at 5:31pm
Is he sick or injured or something?
mebice Profile Photomebice Profile Photo
mebice
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: re: re: re: re: re: Taboo yesterday#6
Posted: 2/2/04 at 5:34pm
The word is that he is saving his voice for the recording. And, yes he has been sick recently.
"Hold up your head. Never be afraid to shine. Viva la difference in my body and my mind. All out with loneliness Such a waste of time. Come in from the outside" ~ Taboo
Wicked_Elphie Profile PhotoWicked_Elphie Profile Photo
Wicked_Elphie
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I think he is better now. He was sick at the beginning of the week and I think he is alright he just wanted to save his voice because they were recording the CD today. I'm sure he'll be there for your performance! Have fun, it's a great show!!
"Take a breath. Take a step. Take a chance. Take your time." -L5Y
Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile PhotoCrazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
im going to see it on feb.8th again.
"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"
cbrown828
Stand-by
Stand-by
who are all these people who hate taboo, cause most people who i've talked to liked the show then hate the show. ill see you there crazyformatt, im going on sunday too.
Phantom2 Profile PhotoPhantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Aren't you two kiddies related?
"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile PhotoCrazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
yes hes just a jerk.
"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"