Page: 1



Dear Evan Hansen lottery questions

babaganoosh
Swing
joined:12/25/08
Swing
joined:
12/25/08
Dear Evan Hansen lottery questions#1
Posted: 5/20/18 at 9:22am
Just won the DEH lottery. Have < 2 hours to buy the tix.

Most any other day would be great but today has some conflicts.

I guess we have to call the theater if we can find the number, but I’ll ask here:

Hamilton has a nice FAQ.cant find one for DEH:

Do I have to pickup tix or can my wife and her friend get them with my id / credit card used for payment ?

Are they typically good seats? Hamilton rules, like DEH say they may be separate, anywhere in theater, etc. but Hamilton is first couple rows (always?)

Do you get disqualified / banned / they just keep you from winning again if you win and don’t actually buy tix? Ie Has anyone passed on buying and won again later?

Thanks!!
yesraccoons Profile Photoyesraccoons Profile Photo
yesraccoons
Featured Actor
joined:8/8/17
Featured Actor
joined:
8/8/17
Dear Evan Hansen lottery questions#2
Posted: 5/20/18 at 10:02am
1. You have to pick up your own tickets with your own ID

2. The quicker you get them the better your seats. If you’re part of the first 6 tickets you get front row if not you get standing room (unless that’s changed since I won)

3.Not 100% sure but it’s a difficult lottery to win in general. As rule of thumb don’t enter if you can’t cancel plans to go
kmissa
Featured Actor
joined:4/24/18
Featured Actor
joined:
4/24/18
Dear Evan Hansen lottery questions#3
Posted: 5/20/18 at 1:55pm
When I won they didn’t even ask for ID, but I’m
Not 100% sure if it’s alwahs like that. I just gave my name (I was winner and payment was on my credit card).

I thought I was quick, but my seats were standing. Sti fine for the price and RBI’s was back when Ben Platt was there.

I don’t think they will care if you win and they go unclaimed. It’s all automated. I’m assuming they would just be sold to anyone on cancellation line or that shows up at box office.
babaganoosh
Swing
joined:12/25/08
Swing
joined:
12/25/08
Dear Evan Hansen lottery questions#4
Posted: 5/20/18 at 2:22pm
Thanks for the info everyone.

I didn’t get them : (

maybe next time

EthelMae Profile PhotoEthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
Broadway Star
joined:1/4/15
Broadway Star
joined:
1/4/15
Dear Evan Hansen lottery questions#5
Posted: 7/11/18 at 3:53pm
I’m very excited that I just had to gush. After over a year of entering the Lottery, I won 1 ticket tonight. I never thought that would ever happen. Didn’t see it Off Broadway and have never seen it on Broadway. So, for those entering frequently, it does work!
EthelMae Profile PhotoEthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
Broadway Star
joined:1/4/15
Broadway Star
joined:
1/4/15
Dear Evan Hansen lottery questions#6
Posted: 7/12/18 at 12:24am
I'm very late to this party. I won the Lottery tonight. I was seated in Partial View Orchestra A, Seat 5. Now I've sat extreme sides lots of times with backs to me and scenes not being seen but what's with that black high wall built around the apron of the stage? Is it for sound, lights? Whatever it is you feel like you're in a hole when seated. I loved seeing the faces close up but I saw them from the waist up only. No real problem with the $42 price but it did look like the first 2 rows orchestra center would have the same view- at full price. Just found it odd. Never experienced that before.
dearalanaaaa Profile Photodearalanaaaa Profile Photo
dearalanaaaa
Broadway Star
joined:10/6/17
Broadway Star
joined:
10/6/17
Dear Evan Hansen lottery questions#7
Posted: 7/12/18 at 12:33am

EthelMae said: "I'm very late to this party. I won the Lottery tonight. I was seated in Partial View Orchestra A, Seat 5. Now I've sat extreme sides lots of times with backs to me and scenes not being seen but what's with that black high wall built around the apron of the stage? Is it for sound, lights? Whatever it is you feel like you're in a hole when seated. I loved seeing the faces close up but I saw them from the waist up only. No real problem with the $42 price but it did look like the first 2 rows orchestra center would have the same view- at full price. Just found it odd. Never experienced that before."

I sat in your same exact seat last year. The high wall seemed to hold a bass speaker, as I felt my leg vibrating from it the whole show, but I was able to see ankles up so you must be really tiny if it was only waist up... The first row of orch center is partial view and sold at $150 according to a friend. They're amazing seats, so I wouldn't complain about them.

EthelMae Profile PhotoEthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
Broadway Star
joined:1/4/15
Broadway Star
joined:
1/4/15
Dear Evan Hansen lottery questions#8
Posted: 7/12/18 at 1:37am

I figured it was sound or lights. Too bad they couldn’t have found a more suitable place to mount it.
I’m 5’7” and I didn’t see any ankles.
Not complaining at $42, as I said. But $150 for 1st row center orchestra as partial view? That seems a bit steep. I love the 1st row and don’t mind looking up as you usually do seated in that section (did it for Dolly and it was great) but if I paid $150 and couldn’t see the actors from head to toe, I would be a bit miffed. To each his own, I guess.

Updated On: 7/12/18 at 01:37 AM
dearalanaaaa Profile Photodearalanaaaa Profile Photo
dearalanaaaa
Broadway Star
joined:10/6/17
Broadway Star
joined:
10/6/17
Dear Evan Hansen lottery questions#9
Posted: 7/12/18 at 1:44am

EthelMae said: "I figured it was sound or lights. Too bad they couldn’t have found a more suitable place to mount it.
I’m 5’7” and I didn’t see any ankles.
Not complaining at $42, as I said. But $150 for 1st row center orchestra as partial view? That seems a bit steep. I love the 1st row and don’t mind looking up as you usually do seated in that section (did it for Dolly and it was great) but if I paid $150 and couldn’t see the actors from head to toe, I would be a bit miffed. To each his own, I guess.
"

People use booster seats there usually. I'm 5'11 so that may contribute but first row wasn't ideally comfortable but again for that price it's amazing. Prices might have went down since she saw it, but I know lots of telecharge tickets for the show are $200+ so it's luck

Coe2020
Swing
joined:4/26/18
Swing
joined:
4/26/18
Dear Evan Hansen lottery questions#10
Posted: 7/12/18 at 8:49am

A few extra thoughts!

I won a few months ago and my sister and I got standing room center. Fine for me, but she's 5ft. Luckily they do have a box you can stand on if you need a better view. I much prefer standing room as you get a full view of the stage. 

Also, I can't imagine this is common but I managed to swing standing room tickets last month for a Friday evening. Three women next to me said that right before the show they asked the box office and there was standing room available for all three of them, right in the center. Worth a shot I guess. 

Theatregeek811
Swing
joined:3/7/18
Swing
joined:
3/7/18
Dear Evan Hansen lottery questions#11
Posted: 8/20/19 at 12:33pm

Bumping this thread. Has anyone won recently? If so, are the tickets still standing room? 

Calgal2
Swing
joined:11/1/19
Swing
joined:
11/1/19
Dear Evan Hansen lottery questions#12
Posted: 11/1/19 at 9:38am

On 10/30 my lottery seat was front row of the orchestra center section and it was a fantastic seat.  It's considered a partial view seat due to the high stage.  Almost the entire row used a booster cushion which raised us up a few inches.  Most of the other lottery winner were in SRO.  

Joe Mayo
Understudy
joined:7/28/19
Understudy
joined:
7/28/19
Dear Evan Hansen lottery questions#13
Posted: 11/1/19 at 10:41am

Calgal2 said: "On 10/30 my lottery seat was front row of the orchestra center section and it was a fantastic seat. It's considered a partial view seat due to the high stage. Almost the entire row used abooster cushion which raised us up a few inches. Most of the other lottery winner were in SRO."

I just won last night and had mid level orchestra right side of the house in the middle of the row (I think it was Orchestra R L 18-20). Seats were excellent.

After playing the lottery religiously (both my wife and I ) for 4 months since we moved here, I won yesterday morning and then she won the standby at 3 which she of course couldnt use. Crazy.....

ClumsyDude15 Profile PhotoClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
Broadway Legend
joined:12/11/06
Broadway Legend
joined:
12/11/06
Dear Evan Hansen lottery questions#14
Posted: 11/1/19 at 10:57am

I won twice last month - once I was Row J of the mezzanine [Seats 2 and 4] and the other time was Row B of the mezzanine [Seats 19 and 21] which were both great views and not partial view at all. 

Caye2
Stand-by
joined:3/19/17
Stand-by
joined:
3/19/17
Dear Evan Hansen lottery questions#15
Posted: 11/1/19 at 11:05am

Joe Mayo said: "Calgal2 said: "On 10/30 my lottery seat was front row of the orchestra center section and it was a fantastic seat. It's considered a partial view seat due to the high stage. Almost the entire row used abooster cushion which raised us up a few inches. Most of the other lottery winner were in SRO."
was Orchestra R L 18-20). Seats were excellent.

After playing the lottery religiously (both my wife and I ) for 4 months since wemoved here, I won yesterday morning and then she won the standby at 3 which she of course couldnt use. Crazy.....
"

To Calgal2 and Joe Mayo...thanks for posting your lottery seat locations!  Just curious as to how quickly you purchased your tickets after notification.  I have been lucky enough to win a few times, and both times that I purchased immediately, I was in A4...the one time I purchased about 10 mins late, I was in SRO....

Joe Mayo
Understudy
joined:7/28/19
Understudy
joined:
7/28/19
Dear Evan Hansen lottery questions#16
Posted: 11/1/19 at 12:19pm

Caye2 said: "Joe Mayo said: "Calgal2 said: "On 10/30 my lottery seat was front row of the orchestra center section and it was a fantastic seat. It's considered a partial view seat due to the high stage. Almost the entire row used abooster cushion which raised us up a few inches. Most of the other lottery winner were in SRO."
was Orchestra R L 18-20). Seats were excellent.

After playing the lottery religiously (both my wife and I ) for 4 months since wemoved here, I won yesterday morning and then she won the standby at 3 which she of course couldnt use. Crazy.....
"

To Calgal2 and Joe Mayo...thanks for posting your lottery seat locations! Just curious as to how quickly you purchased your tickets after notification. I have been lucky enough to win a few times, and both times that I purchased immediately, I was in A4...the one time I purchased about 10 mins late, I was in SRO....
"

I purchased by 9:05, so pretty much immediately upon receipt of the email. 

I'm sure current day availability played a factor as there were a several seats (though not a lot) available as of that morning.

highlander0704
Swing
joined:7/13/17
Swing
joined:
7/13/17
Dear Evan Hansen lottery questions#17
Posted: 11/1/19 at 2:31pm
Two different family members of mine won within the past two months. Had the same Row B and Row J seats in the mezzanine section mentioned previously. One set was purchased within 30 min of the notification and the other was about an hour. The shows were Tuesday and Thursday night performances in case that made a difference. Good luck!
fleurdeforte
Swing
joined:11/21/19
Swing
joined:
11/21/19
Dear Evan Hansen lottery questions#18
Posted: 11/21/19 at 9:45am

I won tickets last night to the lottery. Everyone who won was in row M, center orchestra. Great seats!

IAMREADING
Understudy
joined:12/15/15
Understudy
joined:
12/15/15
Dear Evan Hansen lottery questions#19
Posted: 11/24/19 at 12:45am

i won 1 ticket and it was the first row seat all the way to the right. it was a little close but could see almost everything. 

rachelfran
Understudy
joined:8/24/17
Understudy
joined:
8/24/17
Dear Evan Hansen lottery questions#20
Posted: 12/4/19 at 11:25am

i've been playing this lottery i think from the start and finally won yesterday for today's matinee. 

i'm hoping we don't get standing room as these old legs won't be happy.

Rachel

 

NYC Cheapo
Swing
joined:9/9/18
Swing
joined:
9/9/18
#21
Posted: 12/11/19 at 12:30pm
Updated On: 1/9/20 at 12:30 PM
rachelfran
Understudy
joined:8/24/17
Understudy
joined:
8/24/17
Dear Evan Hansen lottery questions#22
Posted: 12/11/19 at 12:37pm

I meant to repost that we were in row P (last row of orchestra) but dead center.  Amazing seats.