Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

"Courtney, Take Your Break"

binau Profile Photo
binau
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend | Joined: 6/29/08

Posted: 10/29/17 at 6:11pm

This line from Legally Blonde seems to have become a meme. Why is it so popular/people love to make fun of it/reference it etc.?

"Rose in Gypsy was like going through therapy for me. Playing Rose helped me put a lot of emotions to bed. There was so much lacking in Rose and that's why she had to prove herself through her children. [interviewer]In ways that reminded you of your mom?[/interviewer]. Let's just say the role was very interesting for me. That one was the most interesting [I've ever played]" - Bernadette Peters (2018)
SchuylWERKsister Profile Photo
SchuylWERKsister
Stand-by
Stand-by | Joined: 9/26/17

Posted: 10/29/17 at 6:15pm
qolbinau said: "This line from Legally Blonde seems to have become a meme. Why is it so popular/people love to make fun of it/reference it etc.?"

I believe because of how it was delivered in that school trailer version that become popular. That trailer went on to be made into a SNL sketch so it’s had some reach.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend | Joined: 2/27/06

Posted: 10/29/17 at 6:17pm
Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
Broadway Star
Broadway Star | Joined: 7/23/17

Posted: 10/29/17 at 6:32pm
Red Room Productions is a great playhouse, they have such quality shows with legit child actors. Of course, the "Courtney Take Your Break" line is pretty popular. But I think the real gem is when the young girl playing Sales Girl/Clerk #2 says "Eellle" as in Elle Woods; her head voice and or falsetto is gorgeous!