Page:

Betsy Wolfe, Alexander Gemignani and Margaret Colin Join CAROUSEL on Broadway; Full Cast & Theatre Announced!

willep Profile Photowillep Profile Photo
willep
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Nicholas Belton! Our first Comet cast member moving on. They are all so talented that I hope they all have exciting new jobs soon.

poisonivy2 Profile Photopoisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

My wallet is ready for this ... 

And my mom already wants to see this. Another momsical for us.

Itonlytakesajourney Profile PhotoItonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

Betsy as Carrie! What an absolute dream! I'm so looking forward to her Mr. Snow and seeing how she makes this character her own.

BdwayLife
Understudy
Understudy

When do people think Betsy will leave Waitress? Thanks.

Call_me_jorge Profile PhotoCall_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

That ensemble is pretty spectacular!

But that doesn't matter, because we're all here. And with all of our differences we have one thing in common. We're all gay.
jacobsnchz14 Profile Photojacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

So I have to wait til next May or June for the cast album?! Betsy Wolfe, Alexander Gemignani and Margaret Colin Join CAROUSEL on Broadway; Full Cast & Theatre Announced! Exciting cast!

ethan231h Profile Photoethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Eliza2 Profile PhotoEliza2 Profile Photo
Eliza2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor

willep said: "Nicholas Belton! Our first Comet cast member moving on. They are all so talented that I hope they all have exciting new jobs soon."

I was so happy to see his name. Moving on but not moving out... right back at the Imperial!

KathyNYC2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

BdwayLife said: "When do people think Betsy will leave Waitress? Thanks."

Not anytime soon..

Valentina3 Profile PhotoValentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

A SIX week preview period for a revival? That's...odd.

Call_me_jorge
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

^nice catch! Must be an extremely reimagined production or Scott is giving jack time to get it right.

But that doesn't matter, because we're all here. And with all of our differences we have one thing in common. We're all gay.
BroadwayConcierge Profile PhotoBroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Okay, so I'm not the only one who thinks six weeks is cray cray. There's gotta be something new or inventive happening with this one...

usn120 said: "Really... REALLY...? It's been 8 years and you thought it was worth bumping to share that you THINK Broadway "Star" Alex Wyse is Jewish?"
Jeffrey Karasarides Profile PhotoJeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

We shall see if this production will be a return to form for Jack O'Brien or if his long-running losing streak from the past decade will continue.

JennH
Leading Actor
Leading Actor

KathyNYC2 said: "BdwayLife said: "When do people think Betsy will leave Waitress? Thanks."

Not anytime soon..
"

It's likely sooner than you think. Jessie left Waitress FOR this and start prepping for it as well as that film she was announced that nobody seemed to know about lolz.  My best educated guess is that Betsy will leave somewhere in mid to late fall.

Updated On: 9/4/17 at 08:30 PM
Call_me_jorge
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

^I remember some people saying she would be leaving in October, so I wonder if that has any weight.

I also wonder if scott is doing a workshop for this like he did with Hello, Dolly. Any idea?

Updated On: 9/4/17 at 08:35 PM
LesWickedly Profile PhotoLesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "We shall see if this production will be a return to form for Jack O'Brien or if his long-running losing streak from the past decade will continue."

Every time you post, you're mentioning O'Brien's "losing streak". Calm down.

ChildofEarth Profile PhotoChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

Unless they squeeze a show into the holiday season, could it be a lavish set? The Imperial is already torn to pieces so why not create something amazing? The extended preview period could be more for the tech aspects so they avoid Groundhog Day problems. Just a thought.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile PhotoJeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

LesWickedly said: "Jeffrey Karasarides said: "We shall see if this production will be a return to form for Jack O'Brien or if his long-running losing streak from the past decade will continue."

Every time you post, you're mentioning O'Brien's "losing streak". Calm down.
"

I may have mentioned it several times before, but not every time. Plus, it's still true that Jack O'Brien has not delivered a critical darling since The Coast of Utopia.

BdwayLife
Understudy
Understudy

KathyNYC2 said: "BdwayLife said: "When do people think Betsy will leave Waitress? Thanks."

Not anytime soon..
"

Thanks KathyNYC2. Seeing Waitress mid Nov., so just wondering if I'll see her or a replacement.  

Updated On: 9/4/17 at 08:52 PM
TheatreRocks
Swing
Swing
CurtainPullDowner Profile PhotoCurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I'd rather see Jesse repeat as Carrie and Betsy as Julie.

But it is a very strong cast.

adamgreer Profile Photoadamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Hopefully O'Brien puts more effort into this than his phoned in, community theater level production, of The Sound of Music. It wasn't bad per say, just dreadfully uninteresting and paint by numbers. 

My name is neither "adam" nor "greer."
wolfwriter
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

Really looking forward to this and I pray Jack O'Brien does great things with a great cast, but somebody has to ask. Do we pay full price or do we wait for "inevitable" discounts? My wallet is trying to hide.

KathyNYC2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

CurtainPullDowner said: "I'd rather see Jesse repeat as Carrie and Betsy as Julie.

"

I was thinking the same thing. I'm not convinced that Jessie has the right voice for Julie and Betsy certainly does. But I'm excited regardless. 

VintageSnarker
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

CurtainPullDowner said: "I'd rather see Jesse repeat as Carrie and Betsy as Julie.

"

Same. I wish it was a Little Foxes situation. Still, Betsy Wolfe and Alexander Gemignani have me a lot more excited about this. Still waiting to see if My Fair Lady will top this casting. I'm still excited about Joshua Henry and hoping for the best with Jessie and Renee. 

Page: