Ingrid Michaelson to play Sonya in GREAT COMET

ForB4
Understudy
Understudy
dramamama611 Profile Photodramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Weird....August 15 is a tuesday.    That being said: I have no idea who this is.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

The email I rec'd says 8/13.   (

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 6/14/17 at 11:19 AM
IdinaBellFoster Profile PhotoIdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Perfect and unexpected casting. 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards
KatVer
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

#INGRIDMICHAELSONYA came true

leighmiserables  Profile Photoleighmiserables  Profile Photo
leighmiserables
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

Makes a ton of sense – I think she's been trying to get into Broadway since she did that music video with some of the Spring Awakening cast last year.

IdinaBellFoster Profile PhotoIdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

She's also currently dating Will Chase, so I'm sure he encouraged it! 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards
bloomerific
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

She's fantastic...great casting!!! 

Skimbleshanks2 Profile PhotoSkimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Skimbleshanks2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

And people are surprised this might close in January?

"See that poster on the wall? Rocky Marciano." - Andy Karl as Rocky in 'ROCKY'
smidge
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

dramamama611 said: "Weird....August 15 is a tuesday.    That being said: I have no idea who this is.

I'll never understand why people feel the need to post they don't know who someone is when a role is cast. 

BroadwayConcierge Profile PhotoBroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Awesome casting! She'll be a wonderful Sonya.

JBroadway Profile PhotoJBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I don't know much about her, but I'm excited that they've nabbed another star. Also, I'm personally not a fan of Britain Ashford, so I'd love to back and see it with Ingrid. 

leighmiserables
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

One thing I'll give The Great Comet team – when they "stunt" cast, they do it really, really well. 

theater_tech
Stand-by
Stand-by

For those who have not read Natalie Walker's brilliant and hilarious summary of Comet she wrote 3 months ago: https://twitter.com/nwalks/status/838850601198968833

#IngridMichaelsonya

Plus, I would like to applaud Comet for having the greatest casting choices I have ever seen (including the OBC). 

Updated On: 6/14/17 at 11:59 AM
froote
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

leighmiserables said: "One thing I'll give The Great Comet team – when they "stunt" cast, they do it really, really well. "

Yep, without sacrificing the integrity of the show. Bravo.

RippedMan Profile PhotoRippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Yeah, really great choice. She'll sound gorgeous on these songs. Not sure if she'll pull in any new people. 

theaterdude2
Understudy
Understudy

Glad so many of you are excited, but she's just going to dig the box office deeper into the ground. NOT the name that this show needs to keep it running. Maybe a good choice creatively but certainly not financially. First mistake is hiring Okieriete Onaodowan to replace Groban. Who? Now this. Sorry, but they really needed someone with Groban's stature and neither of these choices make any sense. I have no idea what those producers are thinking.

MadonnaMusical Profile PhotoMadonnaMusical Profile Photo
MadonnaMusical
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

smidge said: "dramamama611 said: "Weird....August 15 is a tuesday.    That being said: I have no idea who this is.

I'll never understand why people feel the need to post they don't know who someone is when a role is cast. 

"

Because it gives a little insight to how others might react outside of this board. It's marketing research basically. I love Ingrid ... not sure if she will bring in any people though. 

JSquared2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

"I NEVER miss an Ingrid Michaelson musical!"

Said no one.  Ever.

leighmiserables
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

theaterdude2 said: "Glad so many of you are excited, but she's just going to dig the box office deeper into the ground. NOT the name that this show needs to keep it running. Maybe a good choice creatively but certainly not financially. First mistake is hiring Okieriete Onaodowan to replace Groban. Who? Now this. Sorry, but they really needed someone with Groban's stature and neither of these choices make any sense. I have no idea what those producers are thinking.

"

Well, I'd hardly say she'd hurt it, same with Oak. Since they're both only staying until the end of summer, I'm figuring the producers think that, between the two of them, they'll be enough to keep the show afloat until they can attach another big, Groban-sized name to the show in the fall. That being said, between the two of them there's hardly enough selling power to keep the show's numbers where they are now, but I think they'll help it avoid utter catastrophe. 

Updated On: 6/14/17 at 12:33 PM
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

MadonnaMusical said: "smidge said: "dramamama611 said: "Weird....August 15 is a tuesday.    That being said: I have no idea who this is.

"

Because it gives a little insight to how others might react outside of this board. It's marketing research basically. I love Ingrid ... not sure if she will bring in any people though. 

"

I didn't mention it as a "dis" toward her, nor was that the reason I posted.  I posted about the date being odd....and just added.   If anything, I was mentioning my lack of contemporary musician knowledge as a point.  I'm glad to see so many people excited by it.

With this short of a run, I wonder if Britain is actually leaving the show or being bought out for 5 weeks.  I have tickets to see Comet (my kids REALLY wanted to see Oak) days after Ingrid leaves, so am curious to know if Britain will return.  

theater_tech
Stand-by
Stand-by

Brittain is taking a temporary leave from July 3 to August 15.

LesWickedly Profile PhotoLesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Drama, an article mentioned that she'll leave temporarily and return when Ingrjd's run is over.

dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Oops.....I need to read more carefully...thanks for pointing that out.   

deltatee Profile Photodeltatee Profile Photo
deltatee
Understudy
Understudy

I love this news! 

Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement