Page: 1

Sunnyside Queens?

shermanslave Profile Photoshermanslave Profile Photo
shermanslave
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Sunnyside Queens?#0
Posted: 1/30/04 at 8:42pm
I realize this is a borad for all over the world and all that, but we are moving to Sunnyside Queens in a few weeks and I am wondering if anyone has some recommendations of restaurants, stores, etc. We bought a co-op there and hopefully, it is the next "up and coming" neighborhood.
shermanslave productions
Please visit Bitchy Waiter
Updated On: 1/30/04 at 08:42 PM
papalovesmambo Profile Photopapalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: sunnyside queens?#1
Posted: 1/30/04 at 9:11pm
well, there's a brand new (2 years or so) ymca with a 6 lane 25 yard pool and nice if small fitness center and they're expanding it. no matter where you are in sunnyside you can't be more than a block away from a good irish pub. if you like live music, you're in luck as many of the bard feature local irish performers. tailor's hall on 46th is a nice one. maggie may's is a little more rough. fo shopping there's key food on 46th and queeens blvd. and a bigger grocery between 50/51st on skillman. if you have a car you can also trawl down 48th street towards northern blvd for the giant shop n' save. sacttered about are plenty of ethnic stores on 43rd avenue with turkish and middle eastern delights. the restaurants on queens blvd are nice, a good indian place just opened between 46th and 47th. there's a cramped and sorta dingy theatre that shows first run movies for 3 bucks on tuesdays and like 7 the rest of the week. they don't get the best titles, but for that price who cares? i'd say just walk around a bit. there's probably stores right around you that will become your stapple places for the necessities. welcome to the neighborhood!
r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: sunnyside queens?#2
Posted: 1/30/04 at 9:13pm
Great restaurants called FastTracks
Poster Emeritus
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: sunnyside queens?#3
Posted: 1/30/04 at 9:15pm
are you sure ya don't mean sidetracks?

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective
Mr Roxy Profile PhotoMr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: sunnyside queens?#4
Posted: 1/30/04 at 9:28pm
Yup it is Side Tracks. There is also an old movie palace ( The Bliss ) which is now a Jehovah's Witness meeting hall. It was Egyptian in design . I need to get over & take a peek at it.
Poster Emeritus
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: sunnyside queens?#5
Posted: 1/30/04 at 9:30pm
So papa, sounds like you're a Queens guy.

Bulldog
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: re: sunnyside queens?#6
Posted: 1/30/04 at 9:35pm
ayuh. sunnysidian.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

shermanslave Profile Photoshermanslave Profile Photo
shermanslave
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
great info, thanks. we close on Monday are very excited about the whole deal. Not too keen on the whole physical act of moving and hiring people to do our floors and stuff, but being in a new neighborhood and in a place we own is very cool.
Please visit Bitchy Waiter
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
it's a nice neighborhood. i love it here, but then some folks will tell ya i'm the devil so i could be weloming you to hell! a-hahahahahahaha

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Why did I think you were in Minnesota papa? Or Indiana?

LOL.

Bulldog
papalovesmambo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
born and raised a buckeye, bulldog (you can take the boy outta the sticks but you can't take the sticks outta the boy...oh that's such an unfortunate phrase here...in this place). and we'll win another national championship before them boys from shamrockland get to genuflect before touchdown jesus with the adt crystal.

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Careful now, about sticks and boys. This definitely not the place to raise those topics. LOL.

Genuflecting however is the key.

Bulldog

Page: 1