Page: 1

Seth's Chatterbox

Corine2 Profile PhotoCorine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Seth's Chatterbox#0
Posted: 1/30/04 at 10:24am
How many of you have seen him live? He is hilarious.
He is funnier then most comics i have seen.
Don't you think he would be a great Edna in Hairspray.
Seth's Chatterbox
Jack42
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Seth's Chatterbox#1
Posted: 1/30/04 at 10:37am
Move over Musto, Corine has a new crush.

yawn
The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity -- Harlan Ellison.
krisjoseph Profile Photokrisjoseph Profile Photo
krisjoseph
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Seth's Chatterbox#2
Posted: 1/30/04 at 10:38am
No, I don't think he would be a good Edna. The key to Edna is to bite into the character and to play her truthfully; this is the magic of what Harvey has done with the role. Somehow I can only picture Seth "commenting" on the character as he played it, in a rather shticky way, and I would find that disappointing. Of course, I have no facts upon which to base this perception of his take on the role, so I'm just blowing smoke. After all, Seth is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice!
"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." -Oscar Wilde
MasterLcZ Profile PhotoMasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: Seth's Chatterbox#3
Posted: 1/30/04 at 11:05am
Who was the host of that 'Return Performances' or whatever-it-was-called that featured Carol Channing some months ago? I always felt it was a blatant ripoff of CHATTERBOX, but with more high-profile stars.

Seth really deserves a TV show. He is sharp, knowledgeable, funny and VERY quick on his feet.
"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"
Updated On: 1/30/04 at 11:05 AM
Broadwaylilhead Profile PhotoBroadwaylilhead Profile Photo
Broadwaylilhead
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: Seth's Chatterbox#4
Posted: 1/30/04 at 11:24am
i second that MasterLcZ!!! and yes, many have tried and many fail to live up what Seth has created...
Call it a regime change...
Corine2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: re: re: re: re: Seth's Chatterbox#5
Posted: 1/30/04 at 12:00pm
Crush on Seth. Are you on drugs? I don't have a crush on either him or Musto. They are talented in what they do that is all.
Musto is a great writer and Seth is funny.
Actually they are both funny.
Hugh Panaro is someone to have a crush on.
Updated On: 1/30/04 at 12:00 PM
Jack42
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: re: re: re: re: re: Seth's Chatterbox#6
Posted: 1/30/04 at 12:28pm
Don't have a crush on Musto?

Ok. Obsessed might be the better word. But don't take my word for it. Take yours:

"I am not sure but before the launch of Showpeople which just celebrated a first anniversary.I love it mainly for Musto's hot picks. Musto power."

"Well it would be a dream come true to be Musto's agent."

"I think to give Meersy an EDGY FEEL Michael Musto should play Meersy."

"Musto power. Woo hoo. Say it loud Say it proud I want my Musto TV."

"This week is killer. I was laughing so hard tears were rolling down my face. Musto rules."

"Musto was the best Diva. Who knew he could act? He said it in my interview but I saw it with my own eyes! The man is multi talented. Bravo Musto Viva La Musto!"

"The reason I love Musto is because of his PASSION! He adores theater. Like most of the board members here. Woo hoo I want my MUSTO TV."

"Well you could say I am Musto's number one fan. You could also say I am his press agent. A job that I love.

YAWN
The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity -- Harlan Ellison.
BroadwayGirl107 Profile PhotoBroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
From the Chatterboz I was at yesterday...I bet Seth would make a great Millie, lol.
"This country, this experiment, America, this hubris: what a lament if no one saw it go. Here today, gone tomorrow. Dissipation is actually much worse than cataclysm."--August: Osage County
Corine2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Millie Bway Girl?
That is funny.
brdwaybaby17 Profile Photobrdwaybaby17 Profile Photo
brdwaybaby17
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
On kerrybutler.net they have an interview from Seth's show, which was the first time I had heard of him, and I was basicallly rolling on the floor!! He is hilarious. I just wish I could find other clips, but they don't have them on his website or anything. re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Seth's Chatterbox
Broadwaylilhead Profile PhotoBroadwaylilhead Profile Photo
Broadwaylilhead
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
okay, normally i hate kerry butler but I'll visit her website just to hear Seth!!!!
Call it a regime change...
brdwaybaby17
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
uggggg dude!! How can you hate Kerry Butler?!?! Her voice is better than so many others. I don't know how she can hit some of those notes. I will admit she is hugely ditzy and I have never actually seen her perform live, so I might be missing something.....
BroadwayGirl107 Profile PhotoBroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh, lol...the Millie thing....

Yesterday Kevin Earley did the Speed Test from Millie at the Chatterbox, and when he said "How's my speed, Miss Dillmount?" Seth said, in his Milie voice "A little slow perhaps" and proceeded to act like Millie throughout most of the number. It was very entertaining
"This country, this experiment, America, this hubris: what a lament if no one saw it go. Here today, gone tomorrow. Dissipation is actually much worse than cataclysm."--August: Osage County
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Dear People, when will you realize that Corine is NOT in love with Musto or Seth. She's in love with herself. Isn't that obvious? Only Corine could love a person who was shallow, abrasive, illiterate and vapid. Gently put, Corine is all icing and no cupcake. Don't you agree?
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Corine2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yes Broadwaygirl,
I was there. That is why it was funny.
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Seth's Chatterbox
Dolly i was laughing at Broadwaygirls remark about Seth about the event.
Updated On: 1/30/04 at 10:02 PM
Dollypop
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Corine seems to indicate that her mere presence at a show guarentees hilarity. Hmmm...I guess the audience looks at her and breaks in gales of laughter.
"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
brdwaybaby17
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I don't get why you make fun of her so much. Maybe I just haven't been here long enough.....
sabrelady Profile Photosabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Pollydop, is it the hemorrhoids again? Poor Baby! Well, as long as you can share the pain you will ALWAYS feel better!
Words that confuse censors:Fecund,penal,taint, titmouse, cockatoo,coccyx, ballcock, cockeye, prickly,kumquat, titter,cunning linguist, insertion, gobble, guzzle, swallow, manhole, rimshot,ramrod,come, fallacious, lugubrious,rectify,Uranus, angina, paradiddle,spotted dick,dictum, frock,cunctation, engorge,turgid,stiff, bush, uvula, crapulence, masticate, Dick Butkus, gherkin and of course the always bewildering lickety split. As you can see, context is every thing. Chuck Lorre Addendum: 555 382 5968 "Sexarama, Hexarama, Queeriosis, Feariosis!" Alec Baldwin Im going to have to science the shit outta this. The Martian
dry2olives Profile Photodry2olives Profile Photo
dry2olives
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I've been a regular at Seth's Broadway Chatterbox for a little over 2 years now. There are about 10-12 of us who are there just about every week, no matter who the guest is. We're just there to see Seth. What works about Seth's interviews is that a) he comes in with the knowledge of a musician and b) he comes in with the attitude of a fan who just wants to hear the dirt. He does get his guests to reveal dishy things that you normally wouldn't get from an interview

The show that ran briefly last year with higher profile guests was Glen Roven's Singular Sensations. Although the format was the same (an interviewer, a guest and a piano on a bare stage) it was a very different style of show, and IMO just as effective. Roven, also an accomplished musician (he was the conductor of Sugar Babies at age 19 and is a 4 time Emmy Award winner for his work on the Tony Awards during the Alex Cohen years) would step back and let the guest supply the entertainment. His questions led more toward discussing the historical significance of the shows his guests were involved with. And since he had more time to work with, there were several songs done at each show, instead of the one song we get at the end of Chatterbox.
Corine2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Michael,
I went to the Singular Sensation series as well but Mr. Roven was not as funny or entertaining as Seth. Don't get me wrong i enjoyed the series.
I really love how Seth interacts. He also always puts a bit of Rhapsody into Chatterbox. He is intense.
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Set
Updated On: 2/1/04 at 10:13 AM
dry2olives Profile Photodry2olives Profile Photo
dry2olives
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Absolutely, Corrine. But the point I was trying to make is that Glen wasn't trying to be funny and entertaining. The point of his interviews was to guide his guests into subjects and let them shine. When Seth interviews, although he doesn't completely overshadow his guests, his sense of humor and insights are a very important part of the show.