The Official TDF Thread

Rose2
Swing
joined:5/30/17
Swing
joined:
5/30/17
The Official TDF Thread#2376
Posted: 12/4/19 at 10:59pm
Had a TDF ticket to Jagged Little Pill today. Got Orch Row L and Seat 12....great view.
mailhandler777
Broadway Legend
joined:8/15/15
Broadway Legend
joined:
8/15/15
The Official TDF Thread#2377
Posted: 12/5/19 at 9:39am

Rose2 said: "Had a TDF ticket to Jagged Little Pill today. Got Orch Row L and Seat 12....great view."

I got Mezzanine Row G Seat 110 and Mezzanine G Seat 19 for mine.  Separate because of being 2 different orders.

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)
Auggie27 Profile PhotoAuggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
Broadway Legend
joined:10/13/03
Broadway Legend
joined:
10/13/03
The Official TDF Thread#2378
Posted: 12/5/19 at 10:00am

Extraordinary luck all fall.

Yesterday, Front Mezz, close to center: E 5 for "The Inheritance."

Two weeks ago, "Jagged Little Pill," Front Mezz, E 12. 

October. "Sound Inside," center orchestra row N.

"Greater Clements," 2nd row, center section.

All were Wednesday matinees, a factor to be sure. 

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
mailhandler777
Broadway Legend
joined:8/15/15
Broadway Legend
joined:
8/15/15
The Official TDF Thread#2379
Posted: 12/5/19 at 4:54pm

Rosette3 said: "I'm thinking of signing up for TDF and was wondering if TDF was useful for an out of town/weekend visitors? From posts seems like most offerings are weekday nights? Are weekend Sat/Sun shows common? I typically do Sat/Sun weekend trips and rush for tickets but am trying to buy more in advance if it's an affordable option.
"

Yes. I'm from 2.5hrs away and have gotten great seats for shows on weekends. Just have to get them the week of those as you can't on the weekend. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)
bwayfan1232
Swing
joined:6/17/19
Swing
joined:
6/17/19
The Official TDF Thread#2380
Posted: 12/8/19 at 10:29pm
Has anyone gotten tdf tickets for Slava‘s Snowshow? Curious where the seats have been.
sonni892
Swing
joined:11/15/15
Swing
joined:
11/15/15
The Official TDF Thread#2381
Posted: 12/10/19 at 5:40pm

Freestyle Love Supreme last night, 7PM show, Orch F 1 and 3. Great seats! 

Pashacar
Featured Actor
joined:11/2/18
Featured Actor
joined:
11/2/18
The Official TDF Thread#2382
Posted: 12/11/19 at 5:59pm

sonni892 said: "Freestyle Love Supreme last night, 7PM show, Orch F 1 and 3. Great seats!"

Was at the same performance, L101-2. Also great seats.

Really did not care for the show. It was far more like some of the things I've seen at the PIT and Magnet than I expected. And many of those similar shows are actually better, for as little as $7!

NievesG Profile PhotoNievesG Profile Photo
NievesG
Stand-by
joined:4/15/18
Stand-by
joined:
4/15/18
The Official TDF Thread#2383
Posted: 12/12/19 at 12:56pm

A SOLDIER'S PLAY is up for several dates starting 12/28!

Charles Pierson
Swing
joined:7/22/18
Swing
joined:
7/22/18
The Official TDF Thread#2384
Posted: 12/12/19 at 8:40pm

I haven't been around for a while.  I love the TDF ticket options.

I do have a question though. Can I buy tickets for for my daughter and friend using my account and they pick them up at the box office?

quizking101 Profile Photoquizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
Broadway Legend
joined:12/25/09
Broadway Legend
joined:
12/25/09
The Official TDF Thread#2385
Posted: 12/12/19 at 9:11pm

Charles Pierson said: "I haven't been around for a while. I love the TDF ticket options.

I do have a question though. Can I buy tickets for for my daughter and friend using my account and they pick them up at the box office?
"

I guess it depends on the show, because I recall hearing some success stories, but I usually stick to the policy that the account holder is the one who has to obtain the tickets (if anything because of the need to have ID at pickup time.

(Also, if anyone is interested, shameless plug, my Playbill sale page is up on the Buy/Sell Board successfully now)

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm
Updated On: 12/12/19 at 09:11 PM
kmissa
Featured Actor
joined:4/24/18
Featured Actor
joined:
4/24/18
The Official TDF Thread#2386
Posted: 12/12/19 at 9:15pm

Charles Pierson said: "I haven't been around for a while. I love the TDF ticket options.

I do have a question though. Can I buy tickets for for my daughter and friend using my account and they pick them up at the box office?
"

Unless it states the ID policy, it should be fine. I’ve been using my moms account for years and have never had an issue. We have the same last name. They don’t even always ask for ID. 

MisterBill2
Swing
joined:11/4/19
Swing
joined:
11/4/19
The Official TDF Thread#2387
Posted: 12/12/19 at 9:48pm

kmissa said: 
Unless it states the ID policy, it should be fine. I’ve been using my moms account for years and have never had an issue. We have the same last name. They don’t even always ask for ID."

 

Where is the ID policy posted? My son has gotten us tickets a few times and he always picks them up. Last time he did so at Evita (City Center) they only wanted his credit card so in theory I could have gotten them (I have a card with his name on it). But he said that there have been times when he has to show photo ID.

kmissa
Featured Actor
joined:4/24/18
Featured Actor
joined:
4/24/18
The Official TDF Thread#2388
Posted: 12/12/19 at 10:25pm

MisterBill2 said: "kmissa said:
Unless it states the ID policy, it should be fine. I’ve been using my moms account for years and have never had an issue. We have the same last name. They don’t even always ask for ID."



Where is the ID policy posted? My son has gotten us tickets a few times and he always picks them up. Last time he did so at Evita (City Center) they only wanted his credit card so in theory I could have gotten them (I have a card with his name on it). But he said that there have been times when he has to show photo ID.
"

TDF sometimes puts a reminder for theaters that require id. I remember they mentioned it when King Kong tickets would pop up. 

Zion24
Leading Actor
joined:3/27/19
Leading Actor
joined:
3/27/19
The Official TDF Thread#2389
Posted: 12/12/19 at 11:20pm

kmissa said: "MisterBill2 said: "kmissa said:
Unless it states the ID policy, it should be fine. I’ve been using my moms account for years and have never had an issue. We have the same last name. They don’t even always ask for ID."



Where is the ID policy posted? My son has gotten us tickets a few times and he always picks them up. Last time he did so at Evita (City Center) they only wanted his credit card so in theory I could have gotten them (I have a card with his name on it). But he said that there have been times when he has to show photo ID.
"

TDF sometimes puts a reminder for theaters that require id. I remember they mentioned it when King Kong tickets would pop up.
"

FWIW, i have been asked for ID more than a few times. Once, I was meeting a friend and asked her to just go up and ask for tickets under my name. This was at the Lyceum. The box office threw a fit and essentially called her a thief- even after I showed up, ID in hand, they sent a note about me TO TDF. It really goes by whoever is manning the box office; different theaters have different policies.

 

 

MisterBill2
Swing
joined:11/4/19
Swing
joined:
11/4/19
The Official TDF Thread#2390
Posted: 12/12/19 at 11:50pm

JDonaghy4 said: 
FWIW, i have been asked for ID more than a few times. Once, I was meeting a friend and asked her to just go up and ask for tickets under my name. This was at the Lyceum. The box office threw a fit and essentially called her a thief- even after I showed up, ID in hand, they sent a note about me TO TDF. It really goes by whoever is manning the box office; different theaters have different policies.

It's ridiculous when different theatres owned by the same company have different policies. That is why I think that asking here is often a good idea, at least to get an idea of whether there will be problems.

HunterK Profile PhotoHunterK Profile Photo
HunterK
Broadway Star
joined:6/18/07
Broadway Star
joined:
6/18/07
The Official TDF Thread#2391
Posted: 12/13/19 at 12:00am
I can tell you for assure the Winter Garden always asks for ID. I have had 3 different people at the Will call window and all asked for ID. At the John Golden the did not ask for ID.
SneakySylveon
Chorus Member
joined:6/4/19
Chorus Member
joined:
6/4/19
The Official TDF Thread#2392
Posted: 12/13/19 at 7:51am
I haven’t been asked for ID at the Longacre for either The Prom or the Lightning Thief
vedahanks
Swing
joined:5/15/18
Swing
joined:
5/15/18
The Official TDF Thread#2393
Posted: 12/13/19 at 8:13am
Has anyone gotten TDF tix for Slava Snow Show? Wondering how close to the action they were. My daughter would be miserable if she missed out on the confetti, streamers, etc...
SGarrett2
Chorus Member
joined:9/20/19
Chorus Member
joined:
9/20/19
The Official TDF Thread#2394
Posted: 12/16/19 at 8:24am

Grand Horizons is up starting it's first preview next week through the end of the month.

wolfwriter
Featured Actor
joined:3/16/15
Featured Actor
joined:
3/16/15
The Official TDF Thread#2395
Posted: 12/16/19 at 9:33am

SGarrett2 said: "Grand Horizons is up starting it's first preview next week through the end of the month."

Did TDF raise prices again? $49 is usually the musical price. Still a bargain and this has a great cast. 

JSquared2
Broadway Legend
joined:3/23/17
Broadway Legend
joined:
3/23/17
The Official TDF Thread#2396
Posted: 12/16/19 at 12:03pm

HunterK said: "I can tell you for assure the Winter Garden always asks for ID. I have had 3 different people at the Will call window and all asked for ID. At the John Golden the did not ask for ID."

I wasn't asked for ID when I saw BEETLEJUICE a few weeks ago.

 

broadway86 Profile Photobroadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
Broadway Legend
joined:10/8/03
Broadway Legend
joined:
10/8/03
The Official TDF Thread#2397
Posted: 12/19/19 at 3:04pm

TotallyEffed said: "I’m patiently waiting for The Inheritance Part 2."

It's finally up!

GreasedLightning Profile PhotoGreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
Broadway Legend
joined:2/11/14
Broadway Legend
joined:
2/11/14
The Official TDF Thread#2398
Posted: 12/19/19 at 3:10pm
I was just coming here to say The Inheritance Part 2 is up! As well as Grand Horizons for next weekend.
Saps48
Swing
joined:5/2/19
Swing
joined:
5/2/19
The Official TDF Thread#2399
Posted: 12/20/19 at 2:43am

How are the seats for Phantom of the Opera? They are available for dates in February...

ImAProphet
Understudy
joined:7/5/18
Understudy
joined:
7/5/18
The Official TDF Thread#2400
Posted: 12/20/19 at 8:29am

Saps48 said: "How are the seats for Phantom of the Opera? They are available for dates in February..."

I've done it twice - orchestra both times, row A (third row) the first time and row F the second time. If the dates work for you, TDF is for sure your best bet for that show imo.


....
96
...
Page: 96