Oh, Jesus. Ryan Murphy Still Wants To Destroy FUNNY GIRL

Jay Lerner-Z Profile PhotoJay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

"On the back-burner"..."Not on my docket right now"...

This means it's never going to happen, right?

Sick, pathetic POS
Scarywarhol Profile PhotoScarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

It'll happen right after Barbra does Gypsy The Movie. Working as close to relative age as possible, Lea Michelle can play young Louise. It'll be a baton pass. It's gonna be teriffic. Huge. 

Winter Garden Profile PhotoWinter Garden Profile Photo
Winter Garden
Swing
Swing

this really pisses me off. He's doing tv right now, so do tv! He is just hogging up the rights and doing nothing with them. Broadway producers need to get together and buy them from him. If he has the rights how are they doing it in london? Sonia got the rights too?

haterobics Profile Photohaterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Winter Garden said: "If he has the rights how are they doing it in london? Sonia got the rights too?"

I don't think he was worldwide rights?

Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended

Worldwide wrongs, maybe. 

Jordan Catalano Profile PhotoJordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

"Worldwide Wrongs: The Lea Michele Story"

This Christmas, on Lifetime. 

TerrenceIsTheMann
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

Well, he's already ruined Glee and American Horror Story, so this wouldn't be his first mishap.

c0113g3b0y
Leading Actor
Leading Actor

hopefully she'll lose her voice permanently before she can stink it up

The thing is, besides being an utter toad of a human being, Riedel usually has the least knowledge of the topic in the room. He doesn't usually understand the content or approach of a show, and is always completely and unfailingly socially ignorant, which makes it really infuriating when Susan can't get a word in edgewise. A definitive mansplainer; it's always painful when he has female guests. I watch the show sporadically when I really want to see a guest, because it's the only theatre talkshow we have, but it would be so much better without this hateful clown in a dadcoat. (thanks ScaryWarhol)
broadwaysfguy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

i have to reply to c0113, and break a rule of not responding to the occasional horrible comments

wishing for someone to lose their gifts and talents, no matter what you may think of the performer

is inexcusable 

you do not belong in this conversation

or on this blog

you should be banned

Jordan Catalano Profile PhotoJordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Careful you don't choke yourself while clutching those pearls so tightly. 

Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended

Also, this is not a blog. 

Hamilton22 Profile PhotoHamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

You must have been suffocating from your pearls while you were writing this thread. Anyone who has this much outrage over one person needs to seek professional help. We get it, you don't like Ryan Murphy. Cry about it some more. 

c0113g3b0y
Leading Actor
Leading Actor

what talent?

Oh, Jesus. Ryan Murphy Still Wants To Destroy FUNNY GIRL

The thing is, besides being an utter toad of a human being, Riedel usually has the least knowledge of the topic in the room. He doesn't usually understand the content or approach of a show, and is always completely and unfailingly socially ignorant, which makes it really infuriating when Susan can't get a word in edgewise. A definitive mansplainer; it's always painful when he has female guests. I watch the show sporadically when I really want to see a guest, because it's the only theatre talkshow we have, but it would be so much better without this hateful clown in a dadcoat. (thanks ScaryWarhol)
Updated On: 10/27/15 at 12:18 AM
Sam2
Stand-by
Stand-by

While I really don't like Murphy's more recent works, I do think that with a decent and capable director this might turn out very interesting. Besides that, I am sure that Michele's presence will make an entire new generation interested in live theatre. That's very important too, in my opinion.

somethingwicked Profile Photosomethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Anyone who actually watched the clip could see how painfully obvious Murphy made it that this is never happening.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Elfuhbuh Profile PhotoElfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Is Lea Michele even a box office draw with the younger crowd anymore?

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire
Winter Garden Profile PhotoWinter Garden Profile Photo
Winter Garden
Swing
Swing

jessie mueller for fanny. she's a million times more talented, and girl knows how to ACT. and dare i say she has a larger fan base then lea?

gypsy101 Profile Photogypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Winter Garden said: "jessie mueller for fanny. she's a million times more talented, and girl knows how to ACT. and dare i say she has a larger fan base then lea?"

You daren't say that, because if you asked anyone in a small Midwestern town (especially near Peoria) they would at least know Lea from Glee whereas they would have never heard of Jessie (whom I obviously agree is supremely talented).

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."
dramamama611 Profile Photodramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

broadwaysfguy said: "i have to reply to c0113, and break a rule of not responding to the occasional horrible comments

wishing for someone to lose their gifts and talents, no matter what you may think of the performer

is inexcusable 

you do not belong in this conversation

or on this blog

you should be banned

"

Hahaha! Because there is direct correlation between discussion boards "wishes" and  reality.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
stargazer2 Profile Photostargazer2 Profile Photo
stargazer2
Understudy
Understudy

I love watching Lea Michelle blink her eyes.  Mesmerizing.  

SingMeToSleep
Swing
Swing

Yes, if you listen to the clip he basically says he isn't doing it. Or you can read this article which quotes him saying it's not likely to happen because they already did so much from it on Glee. http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/26/funny-girl-lea-michele-ryan-murphy-ew-fest 

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile PhotoJeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

While I really don't like Murphy's more recent works,...

What about The Normal Heart?

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photoperfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

The best I can say for his contribution to The Normal Heart is that he didn't ruin it. 

ChildofEarth Profile PhotoChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

Do we really need Funny Girl? It isn't that spectacular of a musical/is a bit dated/if a bit boring and if that is how Lea wants to make a "triumphant" return to Broadway...

However, I do think Lea will be itching to come to Broadway soon. Just like most of the other Glee kids, she is having trouble making a successful career for herself after the show - have you seen Scream Queens' ratings?