Why Hasn't Christiane Noll Done a Million Broadway Shows

Phillypinto Profile PhotoPhillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I just had a little mini Christiane Noll youtube concert and her voice is AMAZING! I saw clips of her singing from ragtime, king and i, bridges of madison county, and others. Why hasn't she done a million broadway shows???

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY
AEA AGMA SM
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Because there haven't been a million Broadway shows. For her to do a million Broadway shows she would have do a different show a day for almost 3,000 years.

Did you know that every day Mexican gays cross our borders and unplug our brain-dead ladies?
Phillypinto
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

its a hyperbole AEA

haterobics Profile Photohaterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

If she sings as well as you say, but can't books shows, she possibly can't act or dance? Or has no interest in doing theater?

Phillypinto
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

she can act!! She either doesn't want to do Broadway shows or just cant book them for one reason or another. Super talented though! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia6JNVxj1nk 

Love Ragtime!!

LarryD2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Christiane works primarily as a concert artist. She makes a ton of money performing concerts -- way more than she would make on a production contract. She's selective about the musicals she chooses to do because a long run would mean having to decline concerts, rearrange schedules that have been set in place for months or even years, or missing performances in order to fulfill her pre-scheduled obligations.

Phillypinto
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

true that, but if youre starring in a Broadway show, i'd imagine youre making more than doing a concert here, and a concert there. 

LarryD2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

true that, but if youre starring in a Broadway show, i'd imagine youre making more than doing a concert here, and a concert there

And -- as usual -- you're wrong. 

Phillypinto
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

like i said, it probably depends. I bet Kelli O'Hara has made more money from doing Broadway, than Christiane has gotten from doing concerts

LarryD2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I bet Kelli O'Hara has made more money from doing Broadway, than Christiane has gotten from doing concerts

Why don't you ask them for their pay stubs the next time you hit the stage door?

Phillypinto
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Lol I don't stage door. I just want Christiane to star in another Broadway show!!

asmith0307
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

Question Philly, do you know how much the typical Broadway actor makes per week (at least until the end of the month)?

Phillypinto
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

$1861 a week min

Phillypinto
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

yes, ive known this forever

figaroindy
Understudy
Understudy

I imagine it depends upon the concert contract, but 20+ years ago, when I was an intern at a mid-sized symphony orchestra, I remember one soprano soloist (for one weekend) made about $10K, and she wasn't particularly well known, and it was a pretty simple piece she sang on.  So, I'm betting that the concerts STILL pay more than the week on Broadway - and are less exhausting.

Phillypinto
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

if she made that much, she had to be a well known opera singer then. Or a famous singer in general

asmith0307
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

Not necessarily. Some one with even a decently large name can get that much for a weekend of performances. 

Phillypinto
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

i know thats what im saying, but he was saying that she wasnt well known. Nobody is going to pay a nobody 10k to sing one song at a concert

LarryD2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Dear god, you have no idea what you're talking about and yet you won't shut up. A singer can absolutely make $10,000 -- or more -- for a weekend's worth of concerts and not be a "name". It doesn't matter if YOU know the artist or not -- what matters is if the person who does the booking knows them. 

Phillypinto
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

LOL ok

Elfuhbuh Profile PhotoElfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Welcome back, Mr. Pinto. You were certainly missed.

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire
Jallenc32
Stand-by
Stand-by

She does a fair amount of regional work as well.  This past spring she starred in Kander & Pierce's Kid Victory in Virginia.

Wilmingtom
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

She's also the mother of a 6-year-old which undoubtedly plays into how she chooses to allocate her time.

evic
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

Concert work can be very lucrative but they don't come that often.  Being in a hit show guarantees you weekly salary.  For those who have agents and managers, which are all of them, chop 25% off the top for commissions.  Take off about 30-40% for taxes. Then there are makeup artists, music directors, arrangers, costumes, lawyers, accountants, PR, etc.  The money disappears fast.  She is a talented woman.

BroadwayBound062 Profile PhotoBroadwayBound062 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound062
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I have heard from several people who have worked with her in shows and in concerts that she is absolute b**** to fellow actors. 

Genius lasts longer than beauty.

Advertisement Advertisement Advertisement