Page: 1

Annaleigh Ashford singing Don't rain on my parade

Bilbo3 Profile PhotoBilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

Seth Rudetsky was interviewing the Tony winners and Annaleigh sang a little bit of dont rain on my parade (with a funny barbra impersonation). If Funny Girl ever gets to broadway I can't think of anyone more perfect for the part than Ashord. She has the voice and the comedic chops. She obviously wouldn't be doing her barbra impersonation in an actual show. Here is the video: https://youtu.be/xuJTkhCMmvc She starts at 3:50  

Countdown til Jordan comes on raging about how much loves me! 3..2..1...
RagzJr
Understudy
Understudy

AMEN.  This would be perfection.

Bilbo3 Profile PhotoBilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

I really think she would be fantastic. I know the favorite is Jessie Mueller, but I just can't see Jessie knocking the comedy out of the park like Ashford would. 

Countdown til Jordan comes on raging about how much loves me! 3..2..1...
legally_popular Profile Photolegally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Love Annaleigh (hence my user name), but if it doesn't happen then please Lord, Nicole Parker needs to play this role on Broadway!

Actriz2
Stand-by
Stand-by

Ashford is so perfect for so many classic roles (I considered a "Dream Annaleigh Ashford Roles" thread but I feel like I've made too many of them). Would love to see her do this show, it would be an event (for me at least).

ThorouglyModern2
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

She would be perfect in that role!! I wasn't a huge fan of hers at first but after seeing her in Masters of Sex and You Can't Take it With You - I'm totally on the Annaleigh band wagon.